Author Topic: 2017 Virginia Guzzi Rally coming up fast merged thread .  (Read 19855 times)

Offline Ronkom

• Gaggle Hero
    • Virginia Moto Guzzi Owners Club
2017 Virginia Guzzi Rally coming up fast merged thread .
« on: December 13, 2016, 12:31:22 PM »
 Guzzisti,
We ended the Va State Rally last June with a question about the future rally plans. I am happy to report that Bob Corfield, a new resident of the state of Virginia, but a long time rider of our wonderful mountain roads and Va Rally attendee has stepped up to be the new rallymaster. For 2017, Bob has decided to keep the rally at Willville, and on our "regular" dates.  That is:
2017 Virginia State Moto Guzzi Rally
June  23, 24, &25, 2017
Willville Motorcycles only Campground
Meadows of Dan, Virginia.
Bob is working on preliminary rally plans and is open to any and all ideas & suggestions......bu t most of all volunteers willing to help put the rally on. The same basic "crew" has been stepping up for decades now, and frankly, we're all moving a little slower these days. New (younger) energy is needed. Bob can be reached at "vtwinbob@yahoo.com"
Happy Holidays,
Ron Komoroski

« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 09:10:06 AM by oldbike54 »
THE MOTRESYKLMAN
 Restore, Repair, Accessorize, Buy, Sell & Trade Exotic, Unusual, or Interesting Motorcycles. Guzzi Wrench 35+ years

Offline kingoffleece

• SplitWeight(tm) seat covers
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Rated 5 STARS Motorcycle Consumer News
Re: 2017 Virginia Guzzi Rally Heads -up
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 12:54:59 PM »
Bob's a great guy and riding bud of mine.  You'll have a blast.  In fact, he rode to WNY from Pittsburgh just to ride with me to CT to pick up my new Norge!

Have fun.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 09:07:24 PM by kingoffleece »
SplitWeight(tm) seat covers. A King of Fleece LLC product.

Offline Dean Rose

• Gaggle Hero
    • Twin Valley Riders
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 04:45:22 PM »
Great news.

Dean
Magnolia '02 EV
Sophia '06 Breva 1100 
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Offline Ronkom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2016, 03:45:24 PM »
bump
THE MOTRESYKLMAN
 Restore, Repair, Accessorize, Buy, Sell & Trade Exotic, Unusual, or Interesting Motorcycles. Guzzi Wrench 35+ years

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2016, 03:45:24 PM »

Offline KBuck

• New Egg
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2016, 05:26:46 PM »
This is great news! The VA Rally is one of my favorite rallies. I've attended the last three and Ron and his wonderful wife, along with the additional support of others, have created a first class event. Bob and Joan will undoubtedly bring that same level of enthusiasm and commitment. The thought of losing this rally and the opportunity to share that beautiful part of VA with the Guzzi community would have been a real loss.

Thank you Ron for your many years of hosting this event, and congrats and thank you Bob for committing to keeping it alive.
-KBuck

twowings

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2016, 12:34:36 PM »
Could someone familiar with riding in this general area apprise me of the suitability of these local roads for motorcycling?

Highway 606 from Pennington Gap to Appalachia

Highway 23 from Appalachia to Norton

Highway 619 from Norton to Fort Blackmore

Thanks in advance!

Offline webmost

• Gosling
  • Safety Third
    • The Sotweed Factor
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2016, 01:58:29 PM »
Love that Willville, just off the Blue Ridge Parkway. Dibs on the last two trees on the southeast corner of the camp ground, which is my favorite place to hang my Hennessey hammock, right where the crick meets the burn. Great place to stand by the bonfire.

Your Appalachia ride is on the other side of the Shenendoah valley. All good riding. Specially round Keokee. But in between Willville and Big Stone, don't forget God's Thumprint, a.k.a. Burke's Garden. It's a collapsed volcano and a fine little Eden. Used to be a fine little eating place there. For dual sport riders, there's a nifty twisty dirt road comes in from the North, thru the woods. Just go right thru Hillsville.

Good Bluegrass concerts at Fancy Gap and in Galax. Gotta love Bluegrass -- always makes you happy, cause no one has yet discovered how to play a doleful tune on the banjo.

Watch out for the cafe between Willsville and the BRP on Jeb Stuart Hwy. That's the absolute worst suck ass food I have stumbled into in my travels on the BRP. Take the time to ride up 58 toward Hillsville... on the left is Rhudy's (yeah, they spell it weird). Or else go one more exit south on the BRP... there's a place. Neither of these places are super; but the closest one is execrable.

Super idea, holding it here.

Unmitigated risk aversion is the new Puritanism; complete with witch hunts funny outfits and humorless preachers thundering doom. The Deity is Safety; Satan is a Lawyer; but the object is the same: to suck the life out of life and tell you how to live it.

Offline Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2016, 03:15:30 PM »

Watch out for the cafe between Willsville and the BRP on Jeb Stuart Hwy. That's the absolute worst suck ass food I have stumbled into in my travels on the BRP.

Not sure what place you're referring to - there is no place to eat between Willville and the BRP. Headed east past the BRP is Jane's Country Cafe' in Meadows of Dan. Lots of folks walked up from the rally and back (a mile each way) to eat there. Always had good food and service there the last several years the rally has been at Willville.

A good, quick breakfast or lunch can be had at the Poor Farmer's Market right next door as well. Saturday afternoons they have live bluegrass played by local groups.
Charlie

Offline Dean Rose

• Gaggle Hero
    • Twin Valley Riders
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2016, 04:09:40 PM »
Go to Floyd for food.

Magnolia '02 EV
Sophia '06 Breva 1100 
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Offline Ambogal

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2016, 08:34:50 AM »

Sorry but Rhudy's has been closed for years.   We are all very sorry to lose that great eatin' place. 

Offline webmost

• Gosling
  • Safety Third
    • The Sotweed Factor
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2016, 09:24:28 AM »
Sorry but Rhudy's has been closed for years.   We are all very sorry to lose that great eatin' place.

No schidt? Seems like just yesterday. I must be gettin old.
Unmitigated risk aversion is the new Puritanism; complete with witch hunts funny outfits and humorless preachers thundering doom. The Deity is Safety; Satan is a Lawyer; but the object is the same: to suck the life out of life and tell you how to live it.

Offline Ronkom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2017, 06:12:56 PM »
Guzzisti,
Our 2017 Virginia rally website is complete. All the real aggravating stuff was done Kurt Nordstrom's Brother-in-law Justin Fritzius. (THANK YOU JUSTIN). All I had to do was get the details of the tshirt design nailed down & move the pictures to the site. The site is at
 "http://jfritzius.wixsite.com/vamotoguzzi"
 There is a link for a map to Willville, another for the rally registration/tshirt order form. Print the form, fill it out & send to Bob Corfield w/a check, or, paypal him direct. Anyone w/out computer/printer etc. access please contact Bob or me & we'll get a registration form out to you via snailmail.
The t-shirts are all pocket ts. As we have done at the last 3 Va rallies they will be advance order only. I can have Mens & Ladies SS & LS  up to 3X & Mens Tall SS & LS L-3X. printed. If you like the shirt & can't make the rally contact me before June 9th, I'll get your shirt(s) made & ship them to you right after the rally
Ron Komoroski
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 11:46:27 AM by Ronkom »
THE MOTRESYKLMAN

Offline kingoffleece

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2017, 09:02:26 PM »
I sent Bob a few of my nice 3D Guzzi decals to use a prizes.
You'll love 'em.

elvisboy77

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2017, 09:16:29 PM »
Guzzisti,
Our 2017 Virginia rally website is complete. All the real aggravating stuff was done Kurt Nordstrom's Brother-in-law Justin Fritzius. (THANK YOU JUSTIN). All I had to do was get the details of the tshirt design nailed down & move the pictures to the site. The site is at
 "jfritzius(dot)wix(dot)com/vamotoguzzi"
 There is a link for a map to Willville, another for the rally registration/tshirt order form. Print the form, fill it out & send to Bob Corfield w/a check, or, paypal him direct. Anyone w/out computer/printer etc. access please contact Bob or me & we'll get a registration form out to you via snailmail.
The t-shirts are all pocket ts. As we have done at the last 3 Va rallies they will be advance order only. I can have Mens & Ladies SS & LS  up to 3X & Mens Tall SS & LS L-3X. printed. If you like the shirt & can't make the rally contact me before June 9th, I'll get your shirt(s) made & ship them to you right after the rally
Ron Komoroski

Website looks GREAT!

Bill Hagan

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2017, 09:39:39 PM »

Nice site and tee.

Hoping to make this one, as have missed all since 2010.

Out of curiosity, why the CIA attempt at cybersecurity with <jfritzius(dot)wix(dot)com/vamotoguzzi>?

When you copy and paste that without amending you still get to the site as first choice, at least with duckduck.  No matter.  Congrats on all the hard work so far  :bow: ... and condolences for that ahead.  :wink:

Bill

Offline Nick

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2017, 07:14:49 AM »
I sent Bob a few of my nice 3D Guzzi decals to use a prizes.
You'll love 'em.

I purchased 3 of your decals at Hamlin's Cycle in CT. Very nice!!

Offline Nick

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2017, 07:21:30 AM »

Ron,

I like your shirts this year!
Just pre-orderered a couple and mailed the Registration.

Nick
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 11:53:36 AM by Nick »

Offline kingoffleece

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2017, 07:50:55 AM »
Great.  Jim was just up in  my neck of the woods delivering a Motus.  I tagged along to assist with my ramp.
I'll be at his shop several times this summer, as always.  Did you see the seat(s) I made for him?

For those who don't know Bob and Joan Corfield you're in for a treat.  Absolutely wonderful folks and if we weren't away with family I ride down just to spend time with them.  As it is, I'll ride with Bob in Sept.

I know it'll be a blast.

Offline Ronkom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2017, 08:17:00 AM »
"Like Bill Hagan said, you (or Dusty) should edit the website address in your above post. It makes for much easier access"
Something I don't know about/understand, what do I need to do to edit the addy?
Ron
THE MOTRESYKLMAN

twowings

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2017, 10:33:53 AM »
The shirt design are really nice! Would love to own one... :thumb:

Bill Hagan

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2017, 11:07:06 AM »
"Everyone complains about it, but does nothing".  :grin: :wink:

http://jfritzius.wixsite.com/vamotoguzzi

True enough, but I was concerned that he had some reason that a luddite like me might have missed in the IT news.

Bill

Offline NC Steve

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2017, 11:44:21 AM »
I contacted Bob back in December to volunteer my services, and to assist with whatever he needs done to get and keep the VA Rally on track and running smoothly. Although I'm an NC native, I've been a Willville regular for over 10 years, and live fairly close by. So Bob, if you're reading this, just holler when things start coming together, and let me know what needs doing. 

ps: Thanks again for taking on the task of organizing the VA Rally. :thumb:
'16 Triumph T100
Past:
'19 RE Himalayan
'07 Honda ST1300
'00 Jackal,'89 Mille GT,'03 Cali Stone
4 Airheads, '88 K75,'99 BMW R1100R
___________________ ___________
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Mark Twain

Offline Ronkom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2017, 11:50:52 AM »
Thanks for all the help/advice guys. I got the addy corrected in my post, but couldn't do anything w/ the 2 copies repeated later in the replies.
Ron
THE MOTRESYKLMAN

• Gaggle Hero
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2017, 12:11:37 PM »
Not true at all. At 9:36 this morning I PM'd Ron with details on how to edit the post and also sent him my mobile # if he needed it for further clarification. I thought, that the correct address should have been within Ron's post, rather than by itself a few posts later.  :wink:
But.....che sara', sara'!

Sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone, it was all in fun. I've removed my post.
Charlie

Bill Hagan

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2017, 12:21:11 PM »

I don't think anyone (and certainly not I nor, I think, Nick) was offended, Charlie.  Nor should we let that be our standard anyway, lest gangrenous sensitivity to the feelings of the easiest leaf to wilt keeps us from "fun" such as you intended.

The "lost" thread of earlier today illustrates, IMO, the perils of reading too much slight into anything said here. 

Best,

Bill

Offline Nick

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2017, 12:46:22 PM »

Charlie,
You did not offend me! I didn't want you to think I was just sitting on my ass watching this friggin' snow falling all day  :thumb:
Nick

BTW, I did put a little  :wink: on that post.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 12:48:24 PM by Nick »

Offline Ronkom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2017, 11:08:14 PM »
bump
THE MOTRESYKLMAN

oldbike54

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2017, 08:36:50 AM »
 Bump .

Dusty

• Gaggle Hero
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2017, 11:08:48 AM »
Bump again. Why no sticky?
Charlie

oldbike54

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2017, 11:19:39 AM »
Bump again. Why no sticky?

Explained in my thread addressed to rally organizers Charlie .

Dusty

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here