Author Topic: V7III Carbon in production right now!  (Read 13442 times)

Offline DaSwami

• Gaggle Mentor

Offline VeganJeff

• New Egg
Re: V7III Carbon in production right now!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 12:11:28 AM »
That looks really nice. I dig the new Milano too.

pete roper

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 04:00:36 AM »
When Aprilia launched the RSV-4 Carbon it gave some stupid weight reduction, like from 150 to 120Kg.

The RSV-4 was at That time, and is, even now, a real 'Contender'.

The idea of a V9 'Carbon' is an insult to everything that motorcycling should be about!

But I suppose if it looks 'Cool' that's all that matters. Please, empty your wallets and perhaps, eventually, Guzzi will be allowed to build motorbikes again.

Pete

Offline DaSwami

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 05:42:07 AM »
Got it now Pete, disregard my question on the other thread about buying a Honda. You are the resident curmudgeon, with utter disdain for all the new Goose fans because you think they are stupid.

Looks is not all that matters, though it is important.

I like the new V7 (esp the Stone) because they check all the boxes for me, as I've stated many times before.

Huge fuel tank
Fuel injected
6-speed
Shaft drive
Cast wheels
Great torquey engine
Easy to work on
Lightweight
Looks great! Sounds great!  Drives great!
Unique in the biking world

Sounds like a great bike for everything that "motorcycling should be about" to me.  Fun!!

A bike doesn't have to be suitable for MotoGP to be a proper motorbike.  I don't want or need to ride that way anymore.  Maybe the RSV-4 gives you comfort while riding with its "ass in the air" fuel tank?

So please, if you have nothing good to say, try zipping those lips once in awhile, k, mate?

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 05:42:07 AM »

Offline pikipiki

• Gosling
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2018, 06:55:59 AM »
Luigi opened a new box of fuel tanks and noticed they were the black ones he'd been expecting since November...
Sorry but thats all it boils down to, but at least some of the other v3 bikes are already in dealerships and there are some nice improvements.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 06:58:59 AM by pikipiki »

elvisboy77

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 06:57:35 AM »
I think it looks really nice.  I don't think they are selling it as a reduced weight V7 iii.  The V7iii line, in all of its outfits, is a winner IMO so the more models the better!

Offline mechanicsavant

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2018, 07:07:25 AM »
Gentlemen please, "ass in the air" indeed ! I much prefer "stinkbug stance" :boxing:

Offline chuck peterson

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2018, 07:15:56 AM »
I thought it was called a monkey on a football looking kinda thingee sorta maybe... :popcorn:
"I'd like to thank all my friends who have kept my Guzzi's going, but mostly...TOMB."
150k on Verts
750 Nevada
400f
R5 Yammie
BV250
4x 1976 Moto Demm Smily,, now 5, oops now 6, oops now 7
1980 SP1000 in little bits and pieces

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2018, 07:22:59 AM »
I think it is nice looking, but
parts in red,
Lucky Phil gave me grief about red gaiters on the Aero Lario..  :smiley: Maybe it's an OZ thing.
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2018, 07:38:37 AM »
Just another bling to keep sales going, at least you can buy all this stuff, all kinds of tanks & fenders in accessories.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline roadscum

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2018, 09:25:19 AM »
Not my cup of tea.......but if it motivates others to reach for their wallet well that's a good thing for Moto Guzzi and a good thing for this community. It's all good! Dilly Dilly!!

Paul
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 09:26:32 AM by roadscum »
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing " - Socrates

Paul M. in SW Florida: 318 miles, 11 curves and not a Guzzi dealer in sight!

Offline Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2018, 09:33:36 AM »
Pete I love ya man, but DaS has it right here:

Got it now Pete, disregard my question on the other thread about buying a Honda. You are the resident curmudgeon, with utter disdain for all the new Goose fans because you think they are stupid.

Looks is not all that matters, though it is important.

I like the new V7 (esp the Stone) because they check all the boxes for me, as I've stated many times before.

Huge fuel tank
Fuel injected
6-speed
Shaft drive
Cast wheels
Great torquey engine
Easy to work on
Lightweight
Looks great! Sounds great!  Drives great!
Unique in the biking world

Sounds like a great bike for everything that "motorcycling should be about" to me.  Fun!!

A bike doesn't have to be suitable for MotoGP to be a proper motorbike.  I don't want or need to ride that way anymore.  Maybe the RSV-4 gives you comfort while riding with its "ass in the air" fuel tank?

So please, if you have nothing good to say, try zipping those lips once in awhile, k, mate?

I have to honestly say I have not once ever gone looking to see what the F* an RSV-4 EVEN LOOKS LIKE.

I don't care that it even exists.

It has absolutely no relevance to me or what I what in a motorbike.

The V7 on the other hand is wonderful in all of its variants.

Everything doesn't need to be race worthy and go like a raped-ape to be fun. And sure, the carbon fiber on this bike is about looks... but so what....
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 10:06:58 AM by Kev m »
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline nwryder

• New Egg
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2018, 09:50:46 AM »
I like it. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Murray

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2018, 10:01:31 AM »
But I suppose if it looks 'Cool' that's all that matters. Please, empty your wallets and perhaps, eventually, Guzzi will be allowed to build motorbikes again.

Pete

WHS ^  :1:

Offline rider33

• Gosling
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2018, 10:34:43 AM »
what can I say, I've always had a thing for redheads.  Or, as Richard Thompson put it,
"red hair and black leather, my favorite color scheme".
"some journeys continue long after movement in time and space has ceased"  -Steinbeck

Online JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2018, 10:46:17 AM »
That is one nice looking Guzzi!! :thumb: :1: :cool:...and I thought this was interesting as well!

The series number of the model is identified by the plate positioned on the handlebar risers: there are 1921 units available, a number that recalls the year that Moto Guzzi was established.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 10:48:56 AM by JJ »
Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline lucian

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2018, 11:40:54 AM »
I like it for what it is, but come on, fenders are fenders. Why can't they extended enough to keep shit from being flung all over the place?  Maybe people have no intention of riding in the wet, but  i'm sick of pulling the griso tank only to find dirt and rocks and road crap all over everything. And then the old wet stripe from your  arse to the top of your helmet up your back.  Real fenders , is that too much to ask?  I don't care what their made of but they ought to do their job.  Aside from that , dual clocks might be nice on this limited, and maybe dual disks. I would rather see actually  functional features vs. carbon bits.

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2018, 11:44:13 AM »
Well..
That V7 or V9 thingy and it's look alike mates is not something I'm remotely interested in and the black one looks like something produced for the military under licence in an Asian backwater.
But.
They're selling like condoms in San Francisco and that is one fabulous thing..
If it's keeping Guzzi's doors open and enabling them to remain solvent and (hopefully) build a desirable product range, then they damn well deserve their place.
In relation to what motorcycling should be about, I thought it was jumping on your bike and watching the mayhem disappear in the mirrors whilst feeling privileged and alive.
If a V7's or 9's owner feels that, then he has bought the right bike.
They seem to gave a good supporter base and for that, I'm glad they're here. It's encouraging to note that the young ones are glancing in the V7's and 9's direction.
I'd sooner come across a young Guzzi owner new to bikes who's happy to exist outside the main four from Japan who wants to know about the heart of his/her new bike instead of another poor bastard who's bought a Japanese plastic bucket of  perfected pus, who'll not know how to adjust the chain after the first year.
Guzzi...
Keep making stuff that sells and keep your doors open. Get into bed with Benetton and get some fashion shit going like I saw at Jack Lilley's in London.
Just stay afloat.
People like Pete are rare and can see mediocrity more than some but these New things are doing a great job as a life support at Mandello.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 11:59:24 AM by Huzo »

Online JJ

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2018, 11:47:21 AM »
I like it for what it is, but come on, fenders are fenders. Why can't they extended enough to keep shit from being flung all over the place?  Maybe people have no intention of riding in the wet, but  i'm sick of pulling the griso tank only to find dirt and rocks and road crap all over everything. And then the old wet stripe from your  arse to the top of your helmet up your back.  Real fenders , is that too much to ask?  I don't care what their made of but they ought to do their job.  Aside from that , dual clocks might be nice on this limited, and maybe dual disks. I would rather see actually  functional features vs. carbon bits.

Look at the beautiful stainless steel fenders on this 1962 Norton Dominator 650SS - - back in the day when manufacturers actually made.........."real fenders!" :thumb: :1: :cool:

upload photo to web
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2018, 11:54:09 AM »
Mate, your point is chock full of common sense but I think you'll see these things more in the inner city Piazzas on warm Saturday nights with their owners sipping cappuccinos and nibbling smashed avocado offerings, but they look classy in that environment and I think Guzzi are hitting a certain demographic square between the eyes that'll not find a need for usable fenders where they're going.
I hope they just keep buying the bastards.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 11:54:58 AM by Huzo »

Offline lucian

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2018, 11:59:08 AM »
Look at the beautiful stainless steel fenders on this 1962 Norton Dominator 650SS - - back in the day when manufacturers actually made.........."real fenders!" :thumb: :1: :cool:

upload photo to web

That's what I'm talking about,  What a beautiful thing.  :thumb: :thumb: Probably even cost less the CF.   I wish they at least had real fenders as an accessory item.

Online JJ

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2018, 12:09:35 PM »
That's what I'm talking about,  What a beautiful thing.  :thumb: :thumb: Probably even cost less the CF.   I wish they at least had real fenders as an accessory item.

lucian - You may be onto something...a business that designs and manufactures aftermarket, (...and functional!!) cool fenders for all the V7's and V9's out there! :cool: :thumb:

By the way, for a nice Domi (original or restored), CMV (Current Market Value) is between $8K-$12K depending on condition... :wink: :cool:
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline rdbandkab

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2018, 12:11:18 PM »
When I first saw the Breva 1100 (in black), I thought it was the coolest thing around.  It was a semi-modern looking bike and comfortable enough to take me and the missus around 54,000 miles of the hills and mountains around WV and surrounding states.
I just can't see "my version" of that modern standard with these (or the cruisers) styles. 
I can't wait till the "new in-city demographic" have to get their bikes serviced.   It'll be a whole new crop of riders that can't find a great Guzzi shop.

Offline JACoH

• Gosling
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2018, 12:11:41 PM »
It says the rear brake master cylinder is black, but the pic shows it is not.

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2018, 12:15:25 PM »
That black thing needs..
Polished alloy tank,(slightly) more aggressive handlebars, twin discs up front that are bigger than really necessary, Brembo four spot calipers, the REAL red, raw alloy engine castings (un painted), polished rocker covers, beefier looking swingarm and unpainted bevelbox, single seat option and sports bike (ish) ass end.
Something that looks like a Mk1 Le Mans ( if you're drunk on a dark evening squinting through one eye), that's been dragged kicking and screaming into the 21 st century.
Oh, and I forgot...
It'll need discreet mounts for the electric motor option that'll need to be available from around 2025. :sad:
I can see it now.
The Moto Guzzi V7/V9 Priusio Spark !
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 12:21:54 PM by Huzo »

Online JJ

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2018, 12:16:22 PM »
When I first saw the Breva 1100 (in black), I thought it was the coolest thing around.  It was a semi-modern looking bike and comfortable enough to take me and the missus around 54,000 miles of the hills and mountains around WV and surrounding states.
I just can't see "my version" of that modern standard with these (or the cruisers) styles. 
I can't wait till the "new in-city demographic" have to get their bikes serviced.   It'll be a whole new crop of riders that can't find a great Guzzi shop.

2010 Moto Guzzi Breva 1100...in black.  I have been told by several long-time Guzzi mechanics / dealers that the 1100 Breva was one of "the best all around Guzzi's" every made... :cool: :1: :thumb:

'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2018, 12:19:52 PM »
That's right.
Some butcher will root it up, and they'll go and buy a new one !

pete roper

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2018, 01:47:07 PM »
Pete I love ya man, but DaS has it right here:

I have to honestly say I have not once ever gone looking to see what the F* an RSV-4 EVEN LOOKS LIKE.

I don't care that it even exists.

It has absolutely no relevance to me or what I what in a motorbike.

The V7 on the other hand is wonderful in all of its variants.

Everything doesn't need to be race worthy and go like a raped-ape to be fun. And sure, the carbon fiber on this bike is about looks... but so what....

The whole point of carbon fibre is that it's light! That's why it is used. Yes it also looks good in moderation but using it on a Guzzi is really a bit of a wank. Note though that I have both a pipe and front fender on my Griso made of CF but it's not for any other reason than it was cheaper and more readily available than the alternatives. Oh, and I'm a wanker  :grin:

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2018, 02:00:00 PM »
The whole point of carbon fibre is that it's light! That's why it is used. Yes it also looks good in moderation but using it on a Guzzi is really a bit of a wank. Note though that I have both a pipe and front fender on my Griso made of CF but it's not for any other reason than it was cheaper and more readily available than the alternatives. Oh, and I'm a wanker  :grin:
As for the last 1/2 line Peter, 90% of us do it and 10% lie about it, some blokes would make a good missus, just can't stand to see a bloke enjoy himself !!
But I digress..
I contend that the whole point in this case is not to make things lighter, it's to sell units!
I'd like to see Guzzi making carbon fibre adult toys and getting more successful in the process.
Pete, if you're "guilty" of anything, I reckon it's that you've developed a hard nosed attitude to bullshit and pretentiousness.
But that's our new world mate, no?
You having worked in the industry since Christ died probably doesn't help any, but I hasten to add for the reader, it's that same attitude that spares a lot of us from copping it from behind, by perveyors of BS.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 03:17:33 PM by Huzo »

Offline not-fishing

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2018, 02:05:58 PM »
I must be getting really old.....I though "Carbon" meant Carbon Fiber.

So where's the Carbon Fiber?

My '03 Rosso Corsa has Carbon fiber parts.

Griso 1100
Rosso Corsa Lemans
1/2 a V50 III (with my son)
V65 SP - Finished but the Dyna died so it's non-op'd
'75 850T with sidecar - a new project and adventure

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here