Author Topic: ngc-Richmond va to Worcester MA  (Read 1126 times)

Offline trippah

• Gaggle Mentor
ngc-Richmond va to Worcester MA
« on: July 30, 2015, 03:54:40 PM »
Hi All, for all you knowledgeable East Coasters.....Drivin g from Richmond Va to Worcester MA tomorrow.  thinking avoiding DC and NYC most desirable.  How about Delaware bridge, is it horrible going north on a Summer Friday??  anyone familiar with Annapolis MD is the bridge to the Delmarva Peninsula  a Friday nightmare?  Or is going into NYC on a Friday okay, since it is not the main exit but against the flow (I'd hope).   Any and all suggestion welcome.

Offline Aaron D.

• Gaggle Hero
Re: ngc-Richmond va to Worcester MA
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 04:35:25 PM »
It is a longer trip but I generally go up I81 to Scranton, 84 East from there when I ride to/from VA -Massachusetts. I have done the shorter NYC thing but generally at the small hours of the morning.

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 05:55:49 PM »
I always go well west of DC -  If I were in Richmond and going to MA on a motorcycle, I'd take 522 up into PA and then take I-81 or US209 or something.

I can't tell you how the Richmond - DC - New York I-95 corridor is on any particular day, because I last did it about 10 years ago and that was enough for the rest of my life.   I can't think of anything that would drive all the pleasure and happiness out of any trip I was taking faster than going that route .....

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Lcarlson

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 06:36:22 PM »
Unfortunately, I95 is generally terrible. As far as avoiding NYC, though, you should consider using the Tappan Zee bridge. It'll work fine for where you want to go.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 06:36:22 PM »

Offline trippah

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 09:14:52 PM »
Thanks for your suggestions and thoughts.  I think my last trip was coastal but I was going South, not North and midweek. I will look into the Scranton route again, it has been a while might be worth it, I-95, NJ Turnpike and Parkway may  actually be used as illustrations in recent editions of Dante's Inferno.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here