Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
General Discussion / Re: WildGuzzi Tag-O-Rama
« Last post by PJPR01 on April 21, 2024, 05:58:52 PM »
Here’s a body of water…

Next tag is a National Forest sign

General Discussion / Re: New opinions on preferred mesh summer jacket
« Last post by Ncdan on April 21, 2024, 05:13:27 PM »
Revising what I said earlier. I got the bug to replace the very old Joe Rocket Phoenix plain Jane but all mesh jacket. The Turds quit making them! I suspect too many cheap knock offs.
So far I haven't found a full, large hole mesh from anyone. Yes, it really matters in the south.
The Power Trip mesh has large mesh openings for maximum air flow. Other than the padding it’s extremely vented. Mine is black and I have never had a light color hot weather jacket so I cannot attest to the difference dark vs light colors influence the heat effect. I can say that while moving at most any speed the wind goes through the jacket very efficiently.
Now if the wind is hot…. Well that’s a completely different conversation but the protection is still there, to a point.

General Discussion / Re: Why multis are better - Nerd-alert!
« Last post by Perazzimx14 on April 21, 2024, 05:09:40 PM »
Or drink Light while either grilling or riding....

1,000,000% AGREED!
General Discussion / Re: "Squeaky" 2 LS front brake on Loopframe.
« Last post by n3303j on April 21, 2024, 05:07:48 PM »
Thank you, Charlie. Great tip! :thumb: I have found some thin clear vinyl tubing, used in a nasal cannula for medical oxygen delivery, that is the perfect size to slip over the springs. I am speculating, that possibly marine heat shrink tubing, will work very well, as it can be "shrunken" over the springs.  The brakes are working excellently right now, but they always do for a while, after a good cleaning/lubing and sanding of the shoes. I plan to take it back apart to add the tubing to the springs.
Rick D.
I think the tube is supposed to slip over the whole coiled part of the spring body, not just the wire. Cannula tubing is kind of small, no?

Like this, but brake spring size.
General Discussion / Re: Goodbye goose hello Triumph
« Last post by Huzo on April 21, 2024, 04:52:28 PM »
I like shaft drive because they are clean, and because I do not have to worry about wheel alignment. Shaft does not mean maintenance free.
I found out years ago that a good way not to have to “worry” about drive chains, is to just…..
Adjust them…. :rolleyes:
I would not turn away from a chain drive Guzzi, just because it was chain drive. When I have had occasion to ride beside my Triumph Sprint ST at highway speeds, I loved to look at the bottom run of the chain.
On smooth roads, the non driving section sat absolutely still. Just a gentle harmonic sway as the suspension ironed out the dips….
Magic.
General Discussion / Re: 2023 V7 Special Edition
« Last post by bronzestar1 on April 21, 2024, 04:22:28 PM »
I have stubby 28" legs. On my V7III when I had a custom Maier? seat done, I had him add one inch. No problem flat footing and no need to lower the pegs.

I'd like to get something like the Corsa solo seat on my Special Edition, with tri-colore stitching, that would look SO cool! 
General Discussion / Re: Goodbye goose hello Triumph
« Last post by bronzestar1 on April 21, 2024, 04:19:09 PM »
I recently sold a 2018 Triumph Street Twin, did a LOT of mods to it, but realized I'm not a British bike fan (yes, I know they're made in India), so I sold it.  I picked up my '23 V7 Special Edition on Friday, but have only been able to put a few miles on it because of all the rain this weekend.  I also have a 2018 Aprilia Dorsoduro 900, which is a Scrambler-ish kind of bike, and the riding experience, to me, is VERY different from either the Street Twin or SE.  You sit more upright, have wider bars to leverage, and it seems to fall into corners more quickly.  The DD has sportbike-sized tires on mag wheels, and gets up and goes pretty well for what it is.  I noticed the design of the spoked wheels on your Scrambler, looks like they should be able to run tubeless tires?  Enjoy the new ride, and don't let that high exhaust cook your right leg!     
General Discussion / Re: New opinions on preferred mesh summer jacket
« Last post by bronzestar1 on April 21, 2024, 04:07:37 PM »
Revising what I said earlier. I got the bug to replace the very old Joe Rocket Phoenix plain Jane but all mesh jacket. The Turds quit making them! I suspect too many cheap knock offs.
So far I haven't found a full, large hole mesh from anyone. Yes, it really matters in the south.

Check your local FB Marketplace.  I've bought several jackets thru that source, and the good thing is you can try them on before purchasing.  As you probably know, sizes vary from maker to maker.  I have jackets from AGV, Alpine Stars, Fieldsheer, Olympia, and Vanson, all bought thru FB Marketplace.  I just took a quick look at some pics of the jackets I have, and it seems to me that the mesh holes on the Vanson one I have are larger than the other brands. 
Bike Builds, Rebuilds And Restorations Only / Re: Another Benelli Egg bike
« Last post by cliffrod on April 21, 2024, 03:49:59 PM »
The plating is a nice touch, Jim.  So many original fasteners and pieces on the older Italian bikes were dull vs shiny.  Those look great.
General Discussion / Re: A REAL Solo Saddle for the (Current) V7
« Last post by nursed on April 21, 2024, 03:47:52 PM »
This looks great and the approach I've been thinking about. Did you just cut the back foam off? I'd be tempted to cut down the pan and use some industrial velcro to hold the seat in place. Ebay used V7 seats now...

I've been looking for that V7 Alce solo seat and rack combination ever since I saw those promotional images. I saw this post while browsing yesterday and decided I'd revisit modifying my old stock seat like the OP. I replaced my standard bench back in 2017 with the anniversario brown one, so the old seat has just been sitting in my garage ever since.

Here's where I'm at with mine:

I think I'm going to attach my rack to the 4 threaded holes that are mysteriously available in the seat pan. I'll probably cut a little bit of the seat pan plastic near the bottom of the pan and add a grab rail around the back that attaches to the frame ends to finish off the design and provide a little more strength.

Something like this:

Thanks for the inspiration!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here