Wildguzzi.com

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: twowings on March 08, 2019, 07:48:43 PM

Title: International Women's Day
Post by: twowings on March 08, 2019, 07:48:43 PM
To Guzzi Gal and any others who may lurk or be involved in this forum:

HAPPY INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY!!! You make the world go 'round while we men are still looking for our keys... :thumb:

(https://expeditionportal.com/media/2019/03/Wamuyu1.jpg)
Title: Re: International Women's Day
Post by: JJ on March 08, 2019, 08:41:29 PM
 :thumb: :cool: :bow:


(https://i.ibb.co/5s6vwyK/Screen-Shot-2019-03-08-at-7-40-21-PM.png) (https://ibb.co/5s6vwyK)
Title: Re: International Women's Day
Post by: oldbike54 on March 08, 2019, 08:54:35 PM
  :thumb:

 Dusty
Title: Re: International Women's Day
Post by: lucian on March 08, 2019, 09:04:34 PM
Woman Rock !!       :bow: :bow:


(https://i.ibb.co/djdjR5S/IMG-0240.jpg) (https://ibb.co/djdjR5S)
Title: Re: International Women's Day
Post by: twowings on March 08, 2019, 10:25:17 PM
Yes, they do!

(https://thevintagent.com/dev/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Marie-Therese-von-Hammerstein-The-Vintagent-Motorcycle.jpg)

https://thevintagent.com/2018/08/13/every-picture-tells-a-story-marie-therese-von-hammerstein/ (https://thevintagent.com/2018/08/13/every-picture-tells-a-story-marie-therese-von-hammerstein/)
Title: Re: International Women's Day
Post by: Antietam Classic Cycle on March 08, 2019, 10:55:15 PM
Bertha Benz: The Journey That Changed Everything https://youtu.be/vsGrFYD5Nfs
Title: Re: International Women's Day
Post by: bad Chad on March 09, 2019, 02:29:13 PM
Over half the planet is comprised of the females, yet we males are so freaking pathetic that we pat ourselves on the back and give them a single day.   
Title: Re: International Women's Day
Post by: SED on March 09, 2019, 11:15:26 PM

(https://i.ibb.co/RvQ0YZz/IMG-4547.jpg) (https://ibb.co/RvQ0YZz)


 :grin:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beatrice_Shilling

(http://speedreaders.info/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/negativeGravity1.jpg)

(https://content.presspage.com/uploads/1369/1920_beatriceshilling.jpg?10000)

BadChad is right!  Respect everyday. 


Title: Re: International Women's Day
Post by: Lannis on March 10, 2019, 07:48:14 AM
Over half the planet is comprised of the females, yet we males are so freaking pathetic that we pat ourselves on the back and give them a single day.

They can reciprocate on International Men's Day!   :thumb:  We're half the planet too ...

Lannis
Title: Re: International Women's Day
Post by: Kev m on March 10, 2019, 07:53:22 AM
#MeToo

You guys are overcompensating.

Other days that are stupid:

Mother's day
Father's day
Grandparent's day
Secretary's day
Nurses get a full friggin week
Valentine's day
President's day
And pretty much every other Hallmark "holiday"

Meh

PS of course women rock, no shit, it's literally the only reason men have done anything in history from the wheel to nuclear weapons.
Title: Re: International Women's Day
Post by: tazio on March 10, 2019, 08:09:29 AM
Yeah Kev, just don't forget the wifey on "Sweetest Day"
Oct.19 this year.. :cool:
Title: Re: International Women's Day
Post by: Kev m on March 10, 2019, 08:18:09 AM
Yeah Kev, just don't forget the wifey on "Sweetest Day"
Oct.19 this year.. :cool:

We don't celebrate any of the above.

As a matter of fact a few years back we were over some friends house for dinner when one of them said "hey, btw, happy anniversary". They were right, we looked at each other and laughed cause neither of us remembered.

Wait?!? What's Oct 19th?!? Other than the anniversary of a gay couple with whom we're very close?!?
Title: Re: International Women's Day
Post by: Guzzi Gal on March 10, 2019, 10:20:20 AM
Me (no hair) and my gal pals.

Yesterday
(https://i.ibb.co/ypv6RY6/IMG-8544.jpg) (https://ibb.co/ypv6RY6)

Last Saturday
(https://i.ibb.co/YtqGLNG/IMG-8462.jpg) (https://ibb.co/YtqGLNG)

 (https://imgbb.com/)
Title: Re: International Women's Day
Post by: twowings on March 10, 2019, 11:19:19 AM
 :boozing: :thumb: :bow:
Title: Re: International Women's Day
Post by: Lannis on March 10, 2019, 12:04:28 PM
We don't celebrate any of the above.

As a matter of fact a few years back we were over some friends house for dinner when one of them said "hey, btw, happy anniversary". They were right, we looked at each other and laughed cause neither of us remembered.


We forgot our very first anniversary, and so decided not to fool with any of that invented Hallmark stuff.

We celebrate every day. 15,695 days together so far, so it must be working for us ....

Lannis
Title: Re: International Women's Day
Post by: tazio on March 10, 2019, 01:56:32 PM
Amazing.
Title: Re: International Women's Day
Post by: Kev m on March 10, 2019, 05:00:15 PM
We forgot our very first anniversary, and so decided not to fool with any of that invented Hallmark stuff.

We celebrate every day. 15,695 days together so far, so it must be working for us ....

Lannis

Precisely!
Title: Re: International Women's Day
Post by: dguzzi on March 10, 2019, 06:33:44 PM
They can reciprocate on International Men's Day!   :thumb:  We're half the planet too ...

Lannis
   Do we get a day?  oh please ohplease can we have a day...please?  Oh I need a day, just a day...I'll be good I promise I just want one...a day  oh just a day...is ok to have a day?  one day ..I promise I'll use it wisely...its just one day...I won't have to much fun...I promise...
Title: Re: International Women's Day
Post by: twowings on March 10, 2019, 06:41:54 PM
Well, it didn't take long for a well-intentioned thread to turn into a sausage-fest... :rolleyes:

Anyway, women riders and pillions...hope all your days are special! The sport needs more of you and not just draped over some misogynist's 'custom' bike....

Title: Re: International Women's Day
Post by: Kev m on March 10, 2019, 06:51:36 PM
I would say women don't need our help, just our respect.

And the biggest form of respect I can think to give is not to make any special allowances.

I think that's one of the reasons why Jenn has always enjoyed training in karate with me. I don't treat her differently, I treat her like any other opponent (of the same size). I know know how tough she is.