Wildguzzi.com

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: twowings on March 08, 2019, 10:01:54 PM

Title: Total Motorcycle Elegance
Post by: twowings on March 08, 2019, 10:01:54 PM
Oh, my...

http://www.bikeexif.com/brough-superior (http://www.bikeexif.com/brough-superior)

(http://kickstart.bikeexif.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/1931-brough-superior-ss100.jpg)
Title: Re: Total Motorcycle Elegance
Post by: oldbike54 on March 08, 2019, 10:14:13 PM
 Tazio and I agreed a few years back that the Brough Superior SS 100 is the most beautiful motorbike ever .

 As an aside , George Brough's father William was in in the car and motorbike business starting in the late 1800's , George being a bit of a smartalec
called his company Brough Superior partly to poke at his dad .

 Dusty
Title: Re: Total Motorcycle Elegance
Post by: Tusayan on March 08, 2019, 10:16:10 PM
And here in 2019, with elegance all around us  :wink: I thought you’d be posting a picture of something more like this...   


(https://i.ibb.co/Hqz0XNq/F0-C1-FEE4-7-C12-4-B68-BB8-E-1-B4-B5-A434-E5-A.jpg) (https://ibb.co/Hqz0XNq)

Title: Re: Total Motorcycle Elegance
Post by: twowings on March 08, 2019, 10:20:01 PM
Even in a totally-wired, interconnected, cyber world, I believe there's still room for spoked wheels and round analog dials...take me out back with the rest of the mossbacks and shoot me...just let me ride my Guzzi one more time...
Title: Re: Total Motorcycle Elegance
Post by: oldbike54 on March 08, 2019, 10:23:00 PM
And here in 2019, with elegance all around us  :wink: I thought you’d be posting a picture of something more like this...   


(https://i.ibb.co/Hqz0XNq/F0-C1-FEE4-7-C12-4-B68-BB8-E-1-B4-B5-A434-E5-A.jpg) (https://ibb.co/Hqz0XNq)


 Looks like a Transformer mated with a praying mantis  :shocked:

 Dusty
Title: Re: Total Motorcycle Elegance
Post by: tazio on March 09, 2019, 05:26:20 AM
Tazio and I agreed a few years back that the Brough Superior SS 100 is the most beautiful motorbike ever .

 As an aside , George Brough's father William was in in the car and motorbike business starting in the late 1800's , George being a bit of a smartalec
called his company Brough Superior partly to poke at his dad .

 Dusty
:food:
Be Still My Beating Heart
Title: Re: Total Motorcycle Elegance
Post by: kingoffleece on March 09, 2019, 05:35:20 AM
Right on, Dusty.
The Origami bikes leave me stone cold.
Title: Re: Total Motorcycle Elegance
Post by: Chuck in Indiana on March 09, 2019, 07:09:06 AM
Looks like a Transformer mated with a praying mantis  :shocked:

 Dusty

Many "designers" *must* have played with Transformers when they were kids. Shirley  :smiley:  that thing turns into a bird of prey..
Title: Re: Total Motorcycle Elegance
Post by: JJ on March 09, 2019, 07:55:39 AM
Oh, my...

http://www.bikeexif.com/brough-superior (http://www.bikeexif.com/brough-superior)

(http://kickstart.bikeexif.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/1931-brough-superior-ss100.jpg)

One of "The Holy Grail" in all of motorcycling! 

The late, great, T.E. Lawrence, (Lawrence of Arabia), had six (6) of them...and named each one! 

Definitely though, a "Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous" bike to own and ride... :thumb: :cool: :smiley:
Title: Re: Total Motorcycle Elegance
Post by: PhilB on March 09, 2019, 08:39:12 AM
There was a guy, just a few years ago, in the San Diego Antique Motorcycle Club that had two of them.
He would actually take them on rides with the club now and then.
It was a beautiful thing.

PhilB
Title: Re: Total Motorcycle Elegance
Post by: TDF on March 09, 2019, 08:49:41 AM
There are a pair of them floating around here in eastern Nebraska.  Ones a 680 alpine.  I think the other is an SS80.  Both occasionally show up at our ride in European bike night in Lincoln that is held once a month in the summer.  As beautiful as they are static, they are much more so when running and moving. 

TDF
Title: Re: Total Motorcycle Elegance
Post by: drdwb on March 09, 2019, 09:55:17 AM
Bike porn, I would love to see and hear this up close. Thanks.
Title: Re: Total Motorcycle Elegance
Post by: stmike on March 09, 2019, 01:31:39 PM
And here in 2019, with elegance all around us  :wink: I thought you’d be posting a picture of something more like this...   


(https://i.ibb.co/Hqz0XNq/F0-C1-FEE4-7-C12-4-B68-BB8-E-1-B4-B5-A434-E5-A.jpg) (https://ibb.co/Hqz0XNq)

I put a bunch of miles on one of these last year, and thought it to be one of the most exhilarating bikes I've ever ridden. And the looks don't bother me at all, as I've had other KTMs.
Title: Re: Total Motorcycle Elegance
Post by: JJ on March 10, 2019, 04:48:31 PM
Saw these two MOTUS sport touring beasts at the Royal Enfield dealer at the Scottsdale Airpark.  I believe they were FOR SALE, but I did not ask how much (??) 

These were awesome motorcycles...and too bad they recently went OUT-OF-BUSINESS... :shocked:


(https://i.ibb.co/yNxz47P/IMG-8043.jpg) (https://ibb.co/yNxz47P)
Title: Re: Total Motorcycle Elegance
Post by: twowings on March 10, 2019, 06:09:04 PM
I got to be close to a couple of Motus bikes once...alanp took us to the Motus dealer in Mancos, CO...the price tag made me afraid to even breathe on them, but one of the guys took a test ride...gorgeous bikes...

(https://photos.smugmug.com/Guzzi/i-F7mzd8X/0/efd1722e/L/20170908_134532-L.jpg)

(https://photos.smugmug.com/Guzzi/i-6kRWjnC/0/75acd345/L/20170908_134541-L.jpg)

They also had a couple of bikes more my speed... :laugh:

(https://photos.smugmug.com/Guzzi/i-3tqPj7c/0/a4ecf66f/X2/20170908_135206-X2.jpg)

(https://photos.smugmug.com/Guzzi/i-LSS6gt8/0/a59f8f0a/X2/20170908_135213-X2.jpg)
Title: Re: Total Motorcycle Elegance
Post by: PhilB on March 10, 2019, 10:19:29 PM
I test rode the Motus MST in 2016, and very much liked it.  It was on my shortlist for my next bike, but unfortunately they have ceased production, with about 200 having been built.  List price was about $31K for the MST, and $36K for the MSTR.  I believe the bike was well worth that, and would have gladly paid it.  But I want my next bike to turn over 250K under me in about the year 2040, and an orphan bike is a bad bet for that, no matter how fine the bike is.

That's why I'm on this board, for that matter -- Guzzis have good longevity, and I am considering one as a possibility for my next bike.  (Now that Motus has left the building.)

PhilB
Title: Re: Total Motorcycle Elegance
Post by: Muzz on March 11, 2019, 01:38:00 AM
I still think the Ducati singles are one of the prettiest bikes around.
Title: Re: Total Motorcycle Elegance
Post by: JJ on March 11, 2019, 06:33:05 AM
I still think the Ducati singles are one of the prettiest bikes around.

I always liked those myself!! :cool: :thumb: :smiley:


(https://i.ibb.co/kDRJ4wd/Screen-Shot-2019-03-11-at-4-31-39-AM.png) (https://ibb.co/kDRJ4wd)

(https://i.ibb.co/QCMpgZx/Screen-Shot-2019-03-11-at-4-31-29-AM.png) (https://ibb.co/QCMpgZx)

(https://i.ibb.co/1LJ9G21/Screen-Shot-2019-03-11-at-4-31-20-AM.png) (https://ibb.co/1LJ9G21)
Title: Re: Total Motorcycle Elegance
Post by: Muzz on March 11, 2019, 02:55:04 PM
I always liked those myself!! :cool: :thumb: :smiley:

(https://i.ibb.co/1LJ9G21/Screen-Shot-2019-03-11-at-4-31-20-AM.png) (https://ibb.co/1LJ9G21)


I mean, what a beautiful looking machine. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Title: Re: Total Motorcycle Elegance
Post by: tetarabra on March 11, 2019, 05:25:15 PM
 :cool:
http://www.broughsuperiormotorcycles.com/home.html
Title: Re: Total Motorcycle Elegance
Post by: Aaron D. on March 11, 2019, 07:12:17 PM
My friend has been chasing a new SS100 for a long time, actually got to see/sit one one.