Wildguzzi.com

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: chuck peterson on May 09, 2019, 07:18:44 AM

Title: Brit owner abandoning ship, CL
Post by: chuck peterson on May 09, 2019, 07:18:44 AM
Second time I've seen this during this spring season....what nobody wants this stuff?

https://newhaven.craigslist.org/mcy/d/bethany-lot-of-vintage-bsa-norton/6884715963.html


(https://i.ibb.co/dkvFDyb/image.jpg) (https://ibb.co/dkvFDyb)

(https://i.ibb.co/d5MsQZ4/image.jpg) (https://ibb.co/d5MsQZ4)
Title: Re: Brit owner abandoning ship, CL
Post by: pete roper on May 09, 2019, 07:22:16 AM
Looks like a bunch of depressing tat and worn out munt. Why would anyone be interested?
Title: Re: Brit owner abandoning ship, CL
Post by: RinkRat II on May 09, 2019, 07:55:39 AM

  Aww C'mon Pete, that used K&N filter.....Priceles s!! :evil:

       Paul B :boozing:
Title: Re: Brit owner abandoning ship, CL
Post by: Lannis on May 09, 2019, 08:19:01 AM
I've got BSAs and a Norton so I'd be right in the middle of the target market ....

.... but like many, I could put together and lay out a pile of stuff that looked so much like that one that you couldn't tell them apart, and still have so much stuff in the box that I'd never use it all.

Most of that is takeoffs from bikes where someone did some ignition and other upgrades.  It's not rare ....

Lannis
Title: Re: Brit owner abandoning ship, CL
Post by: twowheeladdict on May 09, 2019, 08:27:47 AM
My Dad would have just thrown all that away.

He was so happy when he turned 65 and could bring stuff to the dump for free.  American Pickers would have had fun on his property.  I guess that makes other people's stuff more valuable.
Title: Re: Brit owner abandoning ship, CL
Post by: steven c on May 09, 2019, 08:39:44 AM
 Collection of parts that fell off?
Title: Re: Brit owner abandoning ship, CL
Post by: larrys on May 09, 2019, 11:15:45 AM
In 2005 I sold two full van loads of British parts. Just about had to give it away to get a guy to take it.
Larry
Title: Re: Brit owner abandoning ship, CL
Post by: twowheeladdict on May 10, 2019, 07:21:13 AM
I think I am going to make a wall display out of my spare parts.  They will remind me of the bikes I used to have when I walk into my shop.  I'm sure they won't be artistically arranged like some people can do.