Wildguzzi.com

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: Tom H on August 04, 2020, 05:28:58 PM

Title: Did Anyone Say Taco's?
Post by: Tom H on August 04, 2020, 05:28:58 PM
Been thinking about the taco thread from a while back. I needed to make a trip today past my favorite taco shop. It was open!! Best of all it was Taco Tuesday. $1 each. $2 for the entire plate :cool:

Give the pics a click for full delicious effect :boozing:

(https://i.ibb.co/tY8N640/20200804-125647.jpg) (https://ibb.co/tY8N640) (https://i.ibb.co/93qMbDH/20200804-131122.jpg) (https://ibb.co/93qMbDH)


Tom
Title: Re: Did Anyone Say Taco's?
Post by: oldbike54 on August 04, 2020, 07:55:06 PM
 :food:

 Dusty
Title: Re: Did Anyone Say Taco's?
Post by: Sasquatch Jim on August 04, 2020, 08:13:50 PM
I have heard that those are edible too.
Title: Re: Did Anyone Say Taco's?
Post by: LowRyter on August 04, 2020, 09:22:26 PM
Been thinking about the taco thread from a while back. I needed to make a trip today past my favorite taco shop. It was open!! Best of all it was Taco Tuesday. $1 each. $2 for the entire plate :cool:

Give the pics a click for full delicious effect :boozing:

(https://i.ibb.co/tY8N640/20200804-125647.jpg) (https://ibb.co/tY8N640) (https://i.ibb.co/93qMbDH/20200804-131122.jpg) (https://ibb.co/93qMbDH)


Tom

What did you order?  Asada? Carnitas ?  Pickles?
Title: Re: Did Anyone Say Taco's?
Post by: LowRyter on August 04, 2020, 09:29:53 PM
Bev and I split a Lee's #14.  Gambon + Pate.

Anyone here a Lee's fan?   :food:

(https://leesandwiches.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/17-Jamboo_ChaLua_Resize1.jpg)
Title: Re: Did Anyone Say Taco's?
Post by: Tom H on August 04, 2020, 09:56:06 PM
Asada, diced onion, cilantro and hot sauce. They also put raw shredded cabbage on the taco if you like. Comes with cucumber on the side and limes. Num...Num :thumb:

Great food out of a trailer at the shipping docks on Terminal Island. Normal price is good as well, $3 for that plate.

Lowryter, your sammie looks damn good as well!

Tom
Title: Re: Did Anyone Say Taco's?
Post by: LowRyter on August 04, 2020, 11:30:14 PM
Asada, diced onion, cilantro and hot sauce. They also put raw shredded cabbage on the taco if you like. Comes with cucumber on the side and limes. Num...Num :thumb:

Great food out of a trailer at the shipping docks on Terminal Island. Normal price is good as well, $3 for that plate.

Lowryter, your sammie looks damn good as well!

Tom

Go check out Lee's.  There's gotta be several in So Cal.
Title: Re: Did Anyone Say Taco's?
Post by: Chuck in Indiana on August 05, 2020, 05:02:35 PM
Go check out Lee's.  There's gotta be several in So Cal.
I've never seen one.
Tom was going to take me to a taco truck the last time I was out there. Probably this one. Never made connections. (grumble grumble) They know how to do Mexican food in SoCal.. :thumb:  I went to a truck with LA Kevin one time, and it was absolutely the best I've ever had.
Title: Re: Did Anyone Say Taco's?
Post by: LowRyter on August 05, 2020, 06:04:30 PM
I've never seen one.
Tom was going to take me to a taco truck the last time I was out there. Probably this one. Never made connections. (grumble grumble) They know how to do Mexican food in SoCal.. :thumb:  I went to a truck with LA Kevin one time, and it was absolutely the best I've ever had.

Lee's Vietnamese Sandwiches and Baguettes.  Try one if you happen to see one.  We have a shop in OKC in the Asian District.   Mostly simple ingredients done right.

https://leesandwiches.com/

OUR FAMILY HISTORY
Lee’s Sandwiches is the product of the merging of ideas and family support. Chieu Le, the founder, came to America and settled in San Jose, CA in 1980. He began taking adult education classes to study English and frequently bought food from a catering truck before and after class. Seeing the potential of a portable food service vehicle, Chieu Le worked on a catering truck to better understand the business. By 1981, he bought his first catering truck and started his route around San Jose.

(https://cdn.statically.io/img/nextshark.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/lees-sandwiches-768x416.jpg?quality=100)
Title: Re: Did Anyone Say Taco's?
Post by: Tom H on August 05, 2020, 06:10:27 PM
Yes Chuck, that would have been the one and sitting at the marina picnic tables or on the boat for lunch. Maybe next time??

This one specializes in taco's (meat or seafood) and seafood plates. No hamburgers I believe. There is a more normal roach coach just down the street that you can get burgers, dogs and all the Mexican food you desire. Killer breakfast burrito (eggs, ham, bacon, sausage, cheese and potatoes) with sauce on the side for about $5. My friend and I split one. it's big!

Tom
Title: Re: Did Anyone Say Taco's?
Post by: Wildroamer on August 05, 2020, 09:20:38 PM
"I don't really like tacos," said no Juan ever.
Sorry! Couldn't resist!🤭😉
Title: Re: Did Anyone Say Taco's?
Post by: oldbike54 on August 05, 2020, 09:24:47 PM
 Cal/Mex is wonderful , but Mexican it ain't .

 Dusty
Title: Re: Did Anyone Say Taco's?
Post by: Moparnut72 on August 05, 2020, 09:45:11 PM
Tex/Mex is better but it is not Mexican either.
kk
Title: Re: Did Anyone Say Taco's?
Post by: LowRyter on August 05, 2020, 11:34:58 PM
The best Mexican in OKC are from some Latin folks from California.  I lived OKC and San Antonio for many years and will put this up with the best.  Taco Don Nacho in OKC.

The bad news, all my old Tex-Mex go-to's aren't worth going to.  I have no idea why a place can been  to for years can then go to crap.  Enjoy the Taco Trucks they're great.