Wildguzzi.com

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: chuck peterson on September 04, 2020, 06:51:57 AM

Title: 1959 Norton ES2, cl, maine, $7k
Post by: chuck peterson on September 04, 2020, 06:51:57 AM
Now that’s real purdy...

https://maine.craigslist.org/mcy/d/buckfield-1959-norton-es-2-single-mint/7189712733.html


(https://i.ibb.co/WDbKT7S/43-B142-CE-2369-4-FDC-9-A42-0-DB0-F80-BB549.jpg) (https://ibb.co/WDbKT7S)
Title: Re: 1959 Norton ES2, cl, maine, $7k
Post by: JJ on September 04, 2020, 10:56:20 AM
That's a fair price if it is indeed in...."MINT" condition... :thumb: :cool: :wink: 

My experience, however, is the term "MINT condition" has a different meaning for different people. 

Looks good, but hard to really tell from the photos - serious buyers must see this in person...(just sayin') :wink: :cool:


(https://i.ibb.co/nQLvhSm/Screen-Shot-2020-09-04-at-8-54-12-AM.png) (https://ibb.co/nQLvhSm)
Title: Re: 1959 Norton ES2, cl, maine, $7k
Post by: blackcat on September 04, 2020, 11:02:53 AM
Very nice looking bike, always wanted an ES2 but another bike is the last thing that I need right now. But if it was closer......
Title: Re: 1959 Norton ES2, cl, maine, $7k
Post by: JJ on September 04, 2020, 11:08:51 AM
Very nice looking bike, always wanted an ES2 but another bike is the last thing that I need right now. But if was closer......

Yes, the ES2 were quite the big single "Plodders!"  :thumb: :cool:
Originally designed to pull a side car, I believe... :wink:
Title: Re: 1959 Norton ES2, cl, maine, $7k
Post by: spmoto on September 04, 2020, 02:55:41 PM
That's only an hour or so from me if anyone would SERIOUSLY like me to check it out.
Steve M
Title: Re: 1959 Norton ES2, cl, maine, $7k
Post by: john fish on September 04, 2020, 05:42:56 PM
 :shocked:  I was just thinking today that I should sell a couple Guzzis and buy another featherbed Norton.  And I love long stroke singles. 

Ain't gonna happen right now but a boy can dream.  That looks like a luverly "one bang per lamppost" thumper.
Title: Re: 1959 Norton ES2, cl, maine, $7k
Post by: nc43bsa on September 04, 2020, 06:32:52 PM
The local old-school motorcycle shop has seen a few "restored" Triumphs in the last decade that the new owners have brought in because of problems they didn't see before purchase.

Most of them were cosmetically bright and shiny, but either didn't run or ran poorly. 

One was locked up tight because of a seized wrist pin.  One I specifically remember was a Triumph 500 with the mufflers bolted to the lower shock mounts.

So, my recommendation for anyone interested in this bike, make sure you (or someone you TRUST) inspects and rides it before you make a decision.
Title: Re: 1959 Norton ES2, cl, maine, $7k
Post by: JayDee24ca on September 04, 2020, 09:03:59 PM
Man, my first bike, in 1967, was a 1952 Norton ES2 500. I wish I knew then what I had, I would have treated it better, and kept it! Took it all apart eventually and being a teenager never put it back together. Sold it as a basket case. Sheesh.