Wildguzzi.com

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: Hermanzini on September 19, 2020, 04:44:55 AM

Title: My LeMans 850 has finally arrived!
Post by: Hermanzini on September 19, 2020, 04:44:55 AM
The Guzzi has come home! :thumb:
Bought online from the Netherlands, the ride home was the first time i have tested a Moto Guzzi.
It was in the rushtime so I did not get the chanse to open it up properly.
Yesterday I got some test plates and got to test it properly for the first time, it did not disappoint.
It pulls really hard and the sound from the Lafranconis is addictive, also it looks really good I think! I had to take a glamour shot by the sea:grin:


(https://i.ibb.co/jJF39f9/image0.jpg) (https://ibb.co/jJF39f9)

(https://i.ibb.co/pbg7NKM/image1.jpg) (https://ibb.co/pbg7NKM)

(https://i.ibb.co/hc1YgX5/image3.jpg) (https://ibb.co/hc1YgX5)

(https://i.ibb.co/W6JWPhk/lm4.jpg) (https://ibb.co/W6JWPhk)

(https://i.ibb.co/qk84ypz/lm5.jpg) (https://ibb.co/qk84ypz)
Title: Re: My LeMans 850 has finally arrived!
Post by: GeorgiaGuzzi on September 19, 2020, 05:13:04 AM
Very Nice!!!  :thumb:
Title: Re: My LeMans 850 has finally arrived!
Post by: Huzo on September 19, 2020, 05:24:40 AM
That’s lovely..
Have a look at the front tank mount, it looks too low.
Title: Re: My LeMans 850 has finally arrived!
Post by: john fish on September 19, 2020, 07:13:55 AM
Congratulations.  Looks great.  Nice Lancia, too.  Yours?
Title: Re: My LeMans 850 has finally arrived!
Post by: Zoom Zoom on September 19, 2020, 07:21:40 AM
That’s lovely..
Have a look at the front tank mount, it looks too low.

Optical illusion? The black paint trim at the bottom might be making it look that way???

Anyway, nice bike. :thumb: You can see where the current Racer 10th Anniversary gets its inspiration.

John Henry
Title: Re: My LeMans 850 has finally arrived!
Post by: Huzo on September 19, 2020, 07:24:01 AM
Optical illusion? The black paint trim at the bottom might be making it look that way???

Anyway, nice bike. :thumb: You can see where the current Racer 10th Anniversary gets its inspiration.

John Henry
You can see the hole where the bolt goes through has been re-sited.
Title: Re: My LeMans 850 has finally arrived!
Post by: Zoom Zoom on September 19, 2020, 07:26:50 AM
I thought the front of the tank had a half moon at the top of the tab that simply goes under the grommet.

John Henry
Title: Re: My LeMans 850 has finally arrived!
Post by: bodine99 on September 19, 2020, 08:37:15 AM
Very nice enjoy!!!! :thumb:
Title: Re: My LeMans 850 has finally arrived!
Post by: JJ on September 19, 2020, 09:50:42 AM
Man...that's a nice one!! CONGRATS!!  The Dutch have a fondness for all things Moto Guzzi!! :thumb: :cool: :boozing:
Title: Re: My LeMans 850 has finally arrived!
Post by: rutgery on September 19, 2020, 11:24:31 AM
Nice bike!  :thumb: The only sad thing is that now I cannot run into it in the Netherlands... :undecided:
Title: Re: My LeMans 850 has finally arrived!
Post by: Gliderjohn on September 19, 2020, 11:26:12 AM
 :thumb:
GliderJohn
Title: Re: My LeMans 850 has finally arrived!
Post by: moto-uno on September 19, 2020, 01:07:40 PM
  Very nice ! A bit of confusion here though , says Le Mans 2 on side panel ( yet no lower fairing ) and the front fairing looks very much
like a Le Mans 1 ?  I bought the second last one for sale in Canada ( at Elite Motors in Calgary ) and still have it . Those bikes can last
a very long time .  Peter
Title: Re: My LeMans 850 has finally arrived!
Post by: blackcat on September 19, 2020, 03:34:08 PM
  Very nice ! A bit of confusion here though , says Le Mans 2 on side panel ( yet no lower fairing ) and the front fairing looks very much
like a Le Mans 1 ?  I bought the second last one for sale in Canada ( at Elite Motors in Calgary ) and still have it . Those bikes can last
a very long time .  Peter

The clock holder is definitely an aftermarket piece, so I’d say it’s a LMII. Looks nice, but I’d get the re-pop LM I clock holder.
Title: Re: My LeMans 850 has finally arrived!
Post by: oldbike54 on September 19, 2020, 04:19:53 PM
 Let's see , a nice Lemans , Norwegian roads , yep  :thumb:

 Dusty
Title: Re: My LeMans 850 has finally arrived!
Post by: wirespokes on September 19, 2020, 10:24:09 PM
I sure can't blame a PO for ditching the LM2 Gauges for an earlier set, or the LM2 fairing.

Minor changes and easily put back to stock - but who wants that ugly mess?
Title: Re: My LeMans 850 has finally arrived!
Post by: Tom H on September 19, 2020, 10:35:09 PM
Sweet :thumb:

Tom
Title: Re: My LeMans 850 has finally arrived!
Post by: moto-uno on September 19, 2020, 11:06:02 PM
  ^^ You guys are just jealous 'cuz you never got the Le Mans 2 imported , just that lame CX 100  :popcorn: . Peter
And it does say on the side panel which model it's supposed to be ( or was )
Title: Re: My LeMans 850 has finally arrived!
Post by: Hermanzini on September 20, 2020, 04:19:29 AM
Thanks, guys!

It is a backdated 1980 LM2, I have bought original LM1 instrument cluster and rev counter to make it nicer.
I also have bought all the LM1 turning lights and brackets to make it complete.
About the tank, it is sitting snugly on the rubber mountings in the front and tightly with the strap in the back so I think when I paint the correct black portion on the lower part of the tank it will look correct.
I dont see why anyone would move the brackets for the tank.... unless they are different from LM1 to LM2...?

If I bought an original LM2 I would definetly backdate it and keep the original parts in storage.


(https://i.ibb.co/kBPx9Mt/LM16.jpg) (https://ibb.co/kBPx9Mt)
Title: Re: My LeMans 850 has finally arrived!
Post by: Hermanzini on September 20, 2020, 04:22:07 AM
Congratulations.  Looks great.  Nice Lancia, too.  Yours?

Yes, that is my 1975 Lancia Beta Montecarlo Spider. Designed by Paolo Martin, who also designed the LM.
Title: Re: My LeMans 850 has finally arrived!
Post by: LowRyter on September 20, 2020, 06:55:58 AM
 :thumb:
Title: Re: My LeMans 850 has finally arrived!
Post by: Canuck750 on September 20, 2020, 10:06:56 AM
Great looking bike, a white LM has to as a rare as a white tiger and just as beautiful.

Fine taste in cars as well, the Lancia is a gem! 
Title: Re: My LeMans 850 has finally arrived!
Post by: moto-uno on September 20, 2020, 01:15:43 PM
  Thanks for the update , and enjoy that great motorcycle !  Peter