Wildguzzi.com

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: ohiorider on September 09, 2021, 09:00:31 PM

Title: NGC - Let the good times roll
Post by: ohiorider on September 09, 2021, 09:00:31 PM
It was 1958 ..... I hadn't yet turned that magic age of 16, when I could get a drivers license.  But, I could listen to some music that was nothing like Perry Como or Sinatra.

My good buddy and classmate, David 'Curley' Turner had a copy of the Shirley and Lee song 'Let the Good Times Roll.'  By today's standards, very mild.  In 1958 ..... well, this was pretty raunchy.  And we loved it!  We played this thing until we'd almost worn a hole through the damn thing!.

Loved it then ..... still love it today!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM9yYL6BD-4

Enjoy, if you've never heard it.  And fond memories to those of you who are old enough to remember.

Bob
Title: Re: NGC - Let the good times roll
Post by: twowheeladdict on September 09, 2021, 10:32:19 PM
And here I thought I was clicking on a Kawasaki thread. 
Title: Re: NGC - Let the good times roll
Post by: Dave Swanson on September 09, 2021, 10:45:51 PM
I am a bit younger than you, but I remember it well.  Good stuff and thanks for the memory! 
Title: Re: NGC - Let the good times roll
Post by: guzziart on September 10, 2021, 07:04:33 AM
Yeah, I remember it too but prefer The Cars - Let the Good Times Roll.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BDBzgHXf64

Hey Bob, MG breaky at Mike's Place Sunday.

Art