Wildguzzi.com

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: kidsmoke on March 19, 2022, 04:39:03 PM

Title: Need fork spacer material-Marzocchi
Post by: kidsmoke on March 19, 2022, 04:39:03 PM
Jackals stock forks are marzocchi non adjustables. They use a spacer which is black PVC at 38mm OD or 1.5” I’ve got my hands on a pair of IKON progressive spring spec’d for these forks that are 3.5” shorter. I need the same material in a longer spacer to compensate. Cannot find it. Anyone addressed this issue successfully in the past?

MG makes you aware of this issue but does not sell appropriate material. Standard commercially available pvc is 1.660 diameter. Too big.

Suggestions?
Title: Re: Need fork spacer material-Marzocchi
Post by: wrbix on March 19, 2022, 04:48:01 PM
Go to “the source for all things useful”, McMaster- Carr…. they appear to have “plastic” pipe (as well as many other materials) in ODs varying by as little as 1/16 inch.
Title: Re: Need fork spacer material-Marzocchi
Post by: kidsmoke on March 19, 2022, 05:28:35 PM
Go to “the source for all things useful”, McMaster- Carr…. they appear to have “plastic” pipe (as well as many other materials) in ODs varying by as little as 1/16 inch.

Actually, I had started there. I thought I exhausted it pretty well, but clearly you found something I missed. I was a purchasing manager for a manufacturing job shop for years, and McMaster Carr was my end all be all. I was surprised when I couldn’t find what I needed. I’ll look again.
Title: Re: Need fork spacer material-Marzocchi
Post by: kidsmoke on March 19, 2022, 09:52:13 PM
1" schedule 40 PVC and 1-1/2 OD SS fender washers.

1-1/2" Stainless steel sanitary .040 wall sanitary tubing

1-1/4" or 1-1/2" sink tail pieces in either chromed brass or PVC

1-1/2" OD PVC rod

I like the washer idea. Thanks
Title: Re: Need fork spacer material-Marzocchi
Post by: mechanicsavant on March 20, 2022, 07:41:43 AM
Uh , I’m pretty sure it’s an SS washer @ each end of PCV , not a mega stack .
Title: Re: Need fork spacer material-Marzocchi
Post by: kidsmoke on March 21, 2022, 11:37:07 AM
Uh , I’m pretty sure it’s an SS washer @ each end of PCV , not a mega stack .

Ha, yes, that was understood, but I do appreciate the clarification.

worked a treat. Thanks. Simple solution.