Wildguzzi.com

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: MotoGuzzi750 on July 08, 2022, 09:31:15 PM

Title: Help: Not able to find read tire for 2004, Breva 750
Post by: MotoGuzzi750 on July 08, 2022, 09:31:15 PM
Hi experts,

I don't have much experience in buying tire for bikes.

I need help to find a rear tire for 2004, Breva 750.

I could not easily find at local shop, and even online.

Can someone here pls. help?

Thanks in advance !
Title: Re: Help: Not able to find read tire for 2004, Breva 750
Post by: Dharma Bum on July 08, 2022, 10:47:19 PM
I've been happy with Shinko tires on my breva. I've used 712s and 230s. Available at Cycle Gear.
Title: Re: Help: Not able to find read tire for 2004, Breva 750
Post by: pressureangle on July 09, 2022, 06:57:11 AM
https://www.denniskirk.com/tires/2004-moto-guzzi-breva-v-750-ie.mmy
Title: Re: Help: Not able to find read tire for 2004, Breva 750
Post by: guzzisteve on July 09, 2022, 08:36:03 AM
Here's another--------------------------------

https://www.americanmototire.com/search-results/?q=130%2F80%2017
Title: Re: Help: Not able to find read tire for 2004, Breva 750
Post by: MotoGuzzi750 on July 09, 2022, 07:30:52 PM
https://www.denniskirk.com/tires/2004-moto-guzzi-breva-v-750-ie.mmy

Thanks for your help.

I was hard to find the correct size ( 130/80-17 ).
After checking many many models/brands, found this one:

https://www.denniskirk.com/michelin/road-classic-tire.pfp546395.prdf?rs=546405

Is this a good choice ?

Many brands do not have the size that fits, so it seems that I do not have many options anyways.

I have not ordered it yet.



Title: Re: Help: Not able to find read tire for 2004, Breva 750
Post by: MotoGuzzi750 on July 09, 2022, 07:32:12 PM
I've been happy with Shinko tires on my breva. I've used 712s and 230s. Available at Cycle Gear.

Cycle Gear website does not seems to have Shinko 712 or 230.

Is this normal? or did I miss something?

Thanks.
Title: Re: Help: Not able to find read tire for 2004, Breva 750
Post by: MotoGuzzi750 on July 09, 2022, 07:37:21 PM
Here's another--------------------------------

https://www.americanmototire.com/search-results/?q=130%2F80%2017

Thanks.

I do not have much experience in choosing motorcycle tires, if you don't mind, can you help me choose ?
I drive in/around town, including some freeway driving.
Ideally I would like not too cheap and not too expensive ( basically reasonably priced for my usage ).

Thanks in advance!
Title: Re: Help: Not able to find read tire for 2004, Breva 750
Post by: MotoGuzzi750 on July 09, 2022, 07:48:55 PM
Here's another--------------------------------

https://www.americanmototire.com/search-results/?q=130%2F80%2017

Most of these are out of stock. ( not sure why )

This one seems to be one which is in-stock/available, your thoughts ?

https://www.americanmototire.com/bridgestone-battlax-bt46-130-80-17-65h-rear-motorcycle-11632/

Thanks.
Title: Re: Help: Not able to find read tire for 2004, Breva 750
Post by: guzzisteve on July 09, 2022, 08:41:16 PM
I don't have any experience in those, I've been using Metzlers on my EV.
Title: Re: Help: Not able to find read tire for 2004, Breva 750
Post by: Muzz on July 10, 2022, 03:00:25 AM
Head to your friendly Triumph dealer.  The earlier Thruxtons ran the Metzeler MZ2 130/80/17 tire as OEM.  As Steve has inferred, he runs Metzelers on his EV and probably for a reason.  The MZ2 is a steel belted radial, and makes the back of the Breva feel real planted.  Running a Metzeler Roadtec 1 on the front, very happy with both.

edit: I must say that down here on the backside of the planet it is almost a matter of, take what you can get.  17" tires, esp. for the front, can be a major problem. Not the most common wheel size.
Title: Re: Help: Not able to find read tire for 2004, Breva 750
Post by: ChrisG on July 10, 2022, 03:17:48 PM
I have a never mounted Metzler roadtec 130/80 17 if you are anywhere around Cincinnati.
Title: Re: Help: Not able to find read tire for 2004, Breva 750
Post by: pressureangle on July 10, 2022, 03:34:21 PM
Here's what Michelin has to say about their 'classic'-

https://www.michelin.com/en/press-releases/new-michelin-road-classic-motorcycles-range/

I've always been satisfied with the performance/price of Michelin; the truth is, that if you don't ride on the edge of the envelope in some particular way, like a lot of rain, or footpeg-dragging canyon racing, the tire choice is more a function of visual preference and budget than of performance. Some less expensive tires will live a longer life than more expensive, 'competent' tires- and if you never ride in situations where that competence is required, you'll never know the difference. I just shod my '97 1100 Sport with Dunlop, but I do tend to ride more aggressively when the roads are nice, and I don't go home if it's blazing hot or if it rains. Different bike, different style, different tires. So the answer to tires is 'there is no right answer'. I'd take recommendations from people with the same or similar bikes, and assume that any tire of appropriate size will work just fine in the end.