Wildguzzi.com

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: kballowe on December 17, 2022, 09:37:00 AM

Title: OIL Economy (GUZZI Content)
Post by: kballowe on December 17, 2022, 09:37:00 AM
Waste not want not.   

So, what about that stubborn last bit of oil ?   

Title: Re: OIL Economy (GUZZI Content)
Post by: Moparnut72 on December 17, 2022, 09:47:33 AM
I am a frugal, cheap Guzzi owner, so I get every last drop whether oil or spaghetti sauce.   :bow:
kk
Title: Re: OIL Economy (GUZZI Content)
Post by: Tom H on December 17, 2022, 10:54:52 AM
When the bottle stops pouring and just drips, I wait a short time and then cap and toss the bottle.

I should do what my dad did is to have a spare "clean" bottle and let them drain into that. Then, even if it's a mix, it can be used to lube other things like door hinges, ect..

I leave my funnel in the engine for a few minutes, then I use and old bottle to drain anything left in the funnel. After many years, I have yet to need to change out that bottle.

Tom
Title: Re: OIL Economy (GUZZI Content)
Post by: RinkRat II on December 17, 2022, 12:54:56 PM

          Drain the bottles into a jar and then refill my oilcan. Normally get 1 to 2 ounces

      Paul B  :boozing:
Title: Re: OIL Economy (GUZZI Content)
Post by: kballowe on December 17, 2022, 01:15:43 PM
The "like" bottles are (precariously) perched on top of each other for a couple hours of drain time.  We use the same brand and grade for many of our bikes, and so this does yield a bit of motor oil. 

Title: Re: OIL Economy (GUZZI Content)
Post by: s1120 on December 18, 2022, 04:48:36 AM
I drain them into another bottle, and that goes into a old beater car my daughter drives, and that uses oil. Its never a lot, but you know a half qt or so, is still a half qt..
Title: Re: OIL Economy (GUZZI Content)
Post by: kballowe on December 18, 2022, 07:09:13 AM

(https://i.ibb.co/QKKXpwK/oil-drain.jpg) (https://ibb.co/QKKXpwK)
Title: Re: OIL Economy (GUZZI Content)
Post by: Mike Tashjian on December 22, 2022, 04:40:54 PM
Oil bottles are always left to drain awhile. It either goes into the last bottle to be used as needed or put into an oil can pump for a machine tool.  The liquid laundry detergent is another container that I always drain thoroughly into the new one. That usually yields a couple of free loads of wash. 
Title: Re: OIL Economy (GUZZI Content)
Post by: kballowe on December 23, 2022, 07:08:47 AM
Oil bottles are always left to drain awhile. It either goes into the last bottle to be used as needed or put into an oil can pump for a machine tool.  The liquid laundry detergent is another container that I always drain thoroughly into the new one. That usually yields a couple of free loads of wash.

LOL - add a little water and shake the bottle.....   :boozing:
Title: Re: OIL Economy (GUZZI Content)
Post by: Davida56 on December 23, 2022, 08:30:06 AM
I will run hot water over a Hershey' syrup bottle to ensure I get all the syrup out for my ice cream. It is more valuable than engine oil. :wink:
Title: Re: OIL Economy (GUZZI Content)
Post by: SmithSwede on December 23, 2022, 01:53:33 PM
Do any of you guys cut the bottle open and swab down the sides with a paper towel?  An oily rag is handy you know.
Title: Re: OIL Economy (GUZZI Content)
Post by: kballowe on December 23, 2022, 03:40:28 PM
Do any of you guys cut the bottle open and swab down the sides with a paper towel?  An oily rag is handy you know.

Too much trouble.  We just pour in four ounces of gasoline and shake shake shake and then use it for 2-stroke oil.