Wildguzzi.com

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: Tom H on January 19, 2023, 07:38:22 PM

Title: Charcoal Canister Type Thin Fuel Vapor Rated Hose?
Post by: Tom H on January 19, 2023, 07:38:22 PM
I'm trying to find the hose that is used for the charcoal canister. For the use, I can not fit regular thick wall fuel hose. I need something thin like the stuff used on recovery systems or windshield washer or vacuum hose. I would just use vacuum/windshield but I don't know if it will stand up to fuel vapor. I searched and can not find what I'm looking for.

What should I use? Regular vacuum hose??

Thank you,
'Tom
Title: Re: Charcoal Canister Type Thin Fuel Vapor Rated Hose?
Post by: guzzisteve on January 19, 2023, 07:54:20 PM
They have that at the auto store. That's what I use between manifolds. Good for fuel vapor but not fuel.
Title: Re: Charcoal Canister Type Thin Fuel Vapor Rated Hose?
Post by: Tom H on January 19, 2023, 09:41:11 PM
Guzzisteve, do you mean just the good ol' vacuum/windshield hose? I have that when I needed it to fix my trucks washer lines.

Thank you,
Tom
Title: Re: Charcoal Canister Type Thin Fuel Vapor Rated Hose?
Post by: Antietam Classic Cycle on January 19, 2023, 10:00:27 PM
Perhaps McMaster-Carr has something.  :wink:
https://www.mcmaster.com/tubing/for-use-with~mineral-oil/
Title: Re: Charcoal Canister Type Thin Fuel Vapor Rated Hose?
Post by: Tom H on January 19, 2023, 11:21:58 PM
Charlie, followed your link. I think they do, but $.90 a foot, 25 foot min. I don't mind buying 3-6 feet, but I only need about 6 inches.

I was really hoping to find something that I could getat my local auto parts store that I could buy a small package or a foot or two.

Thank you!!!!
Tom