Wildguzzi.com

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: Littlefield on August 17, 2026, 10:38:16 AM

Title: V85 oil level
Post by: Littlefield on August 17, 2026, 10:38:16 AM
I fill my 2022 V85 to the top of the sight glass when changing the oil. It’s uses a little during highway runs and during a recent 900 mile West Virginia back roads trek with lots of rpm and gear changes. Not so much around town. I know oil consumption on these motors is not unusual but I’m wondering about the impact of sump level. Has anybody noticed oil usage change as the dry sump level changes?
Title: Re: V85 oil level
Post by: Vagrant on August 17, 2026, 12:09:34 PM
Search here. Covered a million times. Never fill past 1/2 mark.
Title: Re: V85 oil level
Post by: kingoffleece on August 17, 2026, 01:19:21 PM
Exacally.  Keep mine between 1/2 and 3/4.  It's effing HOT here in AZ.  It doesn't drink a drop.
Title: Re: V85 oil level
Post by: Littlefield on August 17, 2026, 01:35:07 PM
Search here. Covered a million times. Never fill past 1/2 mark.

Well, yes. I was hoping to generate a little discussion on how the level in the separate semi-dry sump could affect oil usage. I'm not going to top mine up and I'll see what happens.