Wildguzzi.com
General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: AirPirate on August 30, 2026, 02:52:34 PM
-
So, I was driving from Atlanta to Detroit and stopped by Cadre Cycles near Cincinnati to see what all the fuss was about. What a cool shop! While checking out the inventory, A gentleman walked up and complimented me on my style choice (Guzzi t-shirt). It was Enzo. He insisted that I have an ice cold Pelligrino soda and gave me a tour of his vintage bike collection, introduced me to MJ, the shop dog, and answered all of my dumb questions. I wish I lived closer, as I'm thinking about another Guzzi purchase. Just too far to go for service, warranty, etc. To his credit, Enzo suggested that it's always good to support your local dealer. Cadre is a great place to stop by and shop. Very glad I got to meet him and his friendly crew.
-
FYI, they are all off to Italy for the big reveal. There is a MG rider who has posted some unfortunate stories to tell about his multi-line dealer either refusing to do what he asks or a lack of communication between the service writer and the tech. Some of it is really simple, grade school stuff. He has had several brand new MG bikes from that dealer in a short period with the same experience each time. In the small shop, the little details like that just don't slip through the cracks. I don't know if he lived here if Cadre could have kept him in the fold, but I am positive he at least would have felt he was being listened to. Communication is such a big factor.
-
I couldn't agree more with you. I'm definitely a prospective V-100, V-85, or maybe V-7 Sport buyer, but the Cadre guys didn't know that when I walked into their shop. Didn't matter. They treated me like a long term customer. Wish thy were closer to me.
-
Let's hear the good experiences.
How many Moto Guzzi buyers leave with a new bike and have no issues with the Dealer or the bike. My guess, most.
I stopped in Cadre while in town. Not to buy, but to say keep up the support of the Brand.
Using the Kentucky Guzzi Rally as a measure of success, the Brand is doing great.
I am one of the very few original attendees to the Kentucky Rally, 25 plus years. Last year, there were around 5 Tonti frame or older Guzzi's. Over 100 in attendance. Lots of happy proud riders. The brand is still viable, still a quality built machine, still unique.
As an owner of 6 different Guzzi's, the newest is 23 y.o., I am very satisfied with being an owner.
-
Let's hear the good experiences.....
As an owner of 6 different Guzzi's, the newest is 23 y.o., I am very satisfied with being an owner.
This made me smile!!! The older I get, the more I appreciate the past and it's simplicity.
-
It's 400 miles to Cadre for us, but we bought our last 3 new bikes from them.
It's a great place to do business.
-
Cadre Cycle is about 285 miles from me. Whenever I need a certified competent Moto Guzzi technician: I’ll either ride or trailer my Eldorado to them.
When I need a new rear tire, yup, I’m going to Cadre Cycle. And so on.
-
Took my Ambassador to them for service. A most unpleasant experience. Not another dime from me, not even a raffle ticket.
So as always, YMMV.
-AJ
-
Enzo could not be better....well if he were close, that would be. I am about 300mi from him and bought three bikes at Cadre. At one point I wanted to trade in my Norge. He said he would buy it, but it would be better for me to sell it directly to a guy who had been in his shop. I contacted the number Enzo gave me, and the sale went through without a hitch. When I bought my second V85 from him, I needed my initial check done. Knowing it would need a cold engine for valves, and that I was riding from Ouray, CO, Enzo suggested I camp out between his buildings. The next morning the bike was there cold and ready for service. I was on my way back to Pittsburgh before noon. Very smooth! It is a true pleasure to talk with Enzo when I am in the area. I wish he were closer. He is a class act.
-
Took my Ambassador to them for service. A most unpleasant experience. Not another dime from me, not even a raffle ticket.
So as always, YMMV.
-AJ
Well, that is the first negative comment I’ve ever heard about Cadre. Without bashing them, can you share details?
I am sure the dealership would like to know, and maybe rectify the situation.
-
Well, that is first negative comment I’ve ever heard about Cadre. Without bashing them, can you share details?
I am sure the dealership would like to know, and maybe rectify the situation.
The very short version is the bike ran worse when I got it back than when I dropped it off. Lesson learned, always ride the bike before you put it on the trailer. I did call them.. They said they'd call me back. Never heard from them. Two thousand miles trailering the bike and $1000. Never again. Not to mention the condescending attitude while I was there. Maybe that's a personality quirk everybody finds endearing. I didn't.
-AJ