Wildguzzi.com

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: Nic in Western NYS on May 03, 2015, 08:51:44 PM

Title: Duc
Post by: Nic in Western NYS on May 03, 2015, 08:51:44 PM
Shook hands and put money down on an '04 ST4s ABS with 11k miles.  Looks new.  Has heli bars, FbF Forza pipes, and top case.  Haven't told the Breva yet.
Title: Re: Duc
Post by: Adk.IBO on May 03, 2015, 09:10:08 PM
Had one. Wicked fast. Keeps you on your game every second. In the top five of my 26 motorcycles. Never felt like I mastered it. Be safe. Take it to a track and wring it out, I wish I could have. Just wasn't in the cards. Awesome bike, have fun! What color? Mine was red. I had helibars and a top case also. Along with throttlemeister and 12V sockets. Best of luck with it! John
Title: Re: Duc
Post by: Nic in Western NYS on May 03, 2015, 09:13:35 PM
Thank you John.  Red.  I had an '02 in dull grey.  Wicked fast is right.  Will be treated with respect.
Title: Re: Duc
Post by: lorazepam on May 03, 2015, 09:15:17 PM
That is one of the bikes I always wanted to own, but knew I would hurt myself if i got one.  ;D
Title: Re: Duc
Post by: Kentktk on May 03, 2015, 10:11:13 PM
Nice bike, but wicked fast......no not quite.
Title: Re: Duc
Post by: JeffOlson on May 03, 2015, 10:39:11 PM
Nice! I had an ST2. I miss it...
Title: Re: Duc
Post by: Nic in Western NYS on May 03, 2015, 10:42:43 PM
Nice bike, but wicked fast......no not quite.
Perhaps that term should be reserved for sub 10 sec 1/4 mile times these days.  Fair enough.
Title: Re: Duc
Post by: Adk.IBO on May 04, 2015, 06:12:14 AM
Nice bike, but wicked fast......no not quite.

By today's standards, maybe not, by what I would use on the street 10.24 1/4 mile with 162 documented top speed that's wicked fast! Just to tempting for me. That's part of why it's gone. I suppose it would beat some long drawn out disease but.... ;) Not for me anymore.

Stay safe, John
Title: Re: Duc
Post by: bpreynolds on May 04, 2015, 06:18:36 AM
By today's standards, maybe not, by what I would use on the street 10.24 1/4 mile with 162 documented top speed that's wicked fast! Just to tempting for me. That's part of why it's gone. I suppose it would beat some long drawn out disease but.... ;) Not for me anymore.

Stay safe, John

Hey, posting a new Duc purchase on the Guzzi board might get you a few contrarians but yes, if those numbers are correct, I'm not sure what Kent means by it's not wicked fast.  My Street Triple doesn't post much better numbers, maybe not even as good, and you are darn straight shooting it is a fast bike.  Post  :PICS!: soon.  Congrats.
Title: Re: Duc
Post by: Nic in Western NYS on May 04, 2015, 08:03:04 AM
Hey, posting a new Duc purchase on the Guzzi board might get you a few contrarians but yes, if those numbers are correct, I'm not sure what Kent means by it's not wicked fast.  My Street Triple doesn't post much better numbers, maybe not even as good, and you are darn straight shooting it is a fast bike.  Post  :PICS!: soon.  Congrats.
Thank you.  Once in my garage pics will follow shortly.
Title: Re: Duc
Post by: Stormtruck2 on May 04, 2015, 09:17:59 AM
The only truly fast thing is light, 186,282 miles per second, 670,616,629 mph  Everything else is relative. Bike speed is relative to your skills. Every bike is too slow to Rossi, but to me, the ST4 is WICKED fast. I rode a S1000RR last week, yup, it is fast.  Congrats on your ST4. ;-T  I want to ride one of those some day.  :bike
Title: Re: Duc
Post by: Kentktk on May 04, 2015, 02:13:26 PM
The only truly fast thing is light, 186,282 miles per second, 670,616,629 mph  Everything else is relative. Bike speed is relative to your skills. Every bike is too slow to Rossi, but to me, the ST4 is WICKED fast. I rode a S1000RR last week, yup, it is fast.  Congrats on your ST4. ;-T  I want to ride one of those some day.  :bike

Wicked fast would be something like the S1000RR. ST4 is a fast bike though.
Title: Re: Duc
Post by: drums4money on May 04, 2015, 04:33:50 PM
Nice bike, but wicked fast......no not quite.

well, sure. . .  not up against the F4. . .
 ;D
Title: Re: Duc
Post by: jas67 on May 04, 2015, 04:49:49 PM
Hey, posting a new Duc purchase on the Guzzi board might get you a few contrarians
There are quite a few here that also have Ducs.    Congrats on the purchase!     The ST family are great bikes.     Too bad they don't make an ST today with the Testastretta engine.      I'd love an ST with the 821 engine.    All the goodness of the old ST with an 18,000 mile valve maintenance interval.

Title: Re: Duc
Post by: Adk.IBO on May 04, 2015, 08:16:23 PM
 The ST family are great bikes.     Too bad they don't make an ST today with the Testastretta engine.      I'd love an ST with the 821 engine.    All the goodness of the old ST with an 18,000 mile valve maintenance interval.



Now that's something I would be all over!
Title: Re: Duc
Post by: Nic in Western NYS on May 04, 2015, 08:44:04 PM
There are quite a few here that also have Ducs.    Congrats on the purchase!     The ST family are great bikes.     Too bad they don't make an ST today with the Testastretta engine.      I'd love an ST with the 821 engine.    All the goodness of the old ST with an 18,000 mile valve maintenance interval.
The 996 in the ST4s can go 18000 miles between valve maintenance....uh.. .nope.  Thanks for the good wishes - I'm just trying to seal the deal long distance and get the beast in my garage. 
Title: Re: Re: Duc
Post by: Kev m on May 04, 2015, 08:47:56 PM
if those numbers are correct, WHO GIVES A CRAP what Kent means by it's not wicked fast.  

FIXORED...

It's wicked fast... As in supercar fast...

It's fast as in shut it down before 3rd... sometimes even second...

It's fast as in WAY MORE than 99% will ever be able to use.
Title: Re: Duc
Post by: Stormtruck2 on May 04, 2015, 09:19:27 PM
well, sure. . .  not up against the F4. . .
 ;D

Phantom, or the MV?? ~;
Title: Re: Duc
Post by: drums4money on May 04, 2015, 10:00:31 PM
Phantom, or the MV?? ~;

Either.
But the ST4 really was an excuse to strap bags on a rocket.  Wicked or not- capable of grossly irresponsible acts.
Title: Re: Duc
Post by: Adk.IBO on May 04, 2015, 10:07:53 PM

But the ST4 really was an excuse to strap bags on a rocket.  Wicked or not- capable of grossly irresponsible acts.

.....and I didn't get pulled over on it once!  ;D
Title: Re: Duc
Post by: Chuck in Indiana on May 05, 2015, 07:50:00 AM
.....and I didn't get pulled over on it once!  ;D

I never did get busted on my ST2 either.. I decided it must have been that stealth grey paint.  ;D
Title: Re: Duc
Post by: Nic in Western NYS on May 05, 2015, 10:02:50 AM
I never did get busted on my ST2 either.. I decided it must have been that stealth grey paint.  ;D
I had the stealth grey paint too - I think it was referred to as BBG (bat barf grey). 
Title: Re: Duc
Post by: Nic in Western NYS on August 06, 2015, 06:45:25 AM
1. Bill Hummel is great at transporting bikes <billhummeltransport@gmail.com>
2. Western NC has ridiculous roads (in a good way for riders)
3. Nic in North Central MA is now Nic in Western NC
4. Pics to follow of cop magnet RED ST4sABS
Title: Re: Duc
Post by: leafman60 on August 06, 2015, 07:02:27 AM
Congratulations on the ST4.  I've ridden many a mile on one. My long-time riding friend had an ST4 and we traded off from time to time.

It IS a fast bike.

The maintenance costs of the Duc are what eventually induced my friend to switch to a Moto Guzzi Rossa Corsa (which was eventually sold to Chuck in Indiana).

All is good.  Enjoy it. They sound great!
Title: Re: Duc
Post by: jas67 on August 06, 2015, 07:28:44 AM
1. Bill Hummel is great at transporting bikes <billhummeltransport@gmail.com>

 :1:

He has transported several bikes for me now.    His price is very reasonable (Guzzi content), and he is good to deal with.

Title: Re: Duc
Post by: Nic in Western NYS on August 09, 2015, 08:07:14 PM
Pics from today
http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u399/NHAPHD/2004%20ST4sABS_zpsf9ay8eey.jpg (http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u399/NHAPHD/2004%20ST4sABS_zpsf9ay8eey.jpg)
http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u399/NHAPHD/St4s%20and%20Blue%20Ridge%20Locomotive_zpsvxrb0qps.jpg (http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u399/NHAPHD/St4s%20and%20Blue%20Ridge%20Locomotive_zpsvxrb0qps.jpg)
http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u399/NHAPHD/St4s%20and%20Blue%20Ridge%20Locomotive%2002_zpsqs4xjgph.jpg (http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u399/NHAPHD/St4s%20and%20Blue%20Ridge%20Locomotive%2002_zpsqs4xjgph.jpg)
Title: Re: Duc
Post by: leafman60 on August 09, 2015, 08:14:43 PM
Yep. That's a beautiful machine.  Personally, I'd remove that awkward and wonky looking topbox. Doesn't flow with the lines of the bike perched way up in the sky like that.  Just my opinion.
Title: Re: Duc
Post by: Nic in Western NYS on August 09, 2015, 08:16:04 PM
Yep. That's a beautiful machine.  Personally, I'd remove that awkward and wonky looking topbox. Doesn't flow with the lines of the bike perched way up in the sky like that.  Just my opinion.
Might do that - I was used to the wonkier and more awkward old ST top box that was derisively called AWACS, so this top case is beautiful to me in comparison.
Title: Re: Duc
Post by: K250 on August 09, 2015, 09:46:47 PM
Very nice!  that will be fun!