Wildguzzi.com

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: lorazepam on May 07, 2015, 10:19:50 PM

Title: Just finished my first service.
Post by: lorazepam on May 07, 2015, 10:19:50 PM
I have to say that other than the damn alternator cover bolts,  ::(  the valve adjustment is way easier than on an airhead BMW. Valves were very tight. I could only get .004 to go into the exhaust valves, and not even close on the intake.
Title: Re: Just finished my first service.
Post by: krglorioso on May 08, 2015, 12:00:51 AM
Again, I say, Guzzi made a serious error quitting the hydros after 2004.

Ralph
Title: Re: Just finished my first service.
Post by: flip on May 08, 2015, 12:46:21 AM
Again, I say, Guzzi made a serious error quitting the hydros after 2004.

Ralph

 :+1
Title: Re:
Post by: Kev m on May 08, 2015, 05:26:09 AM
V7 right? Those bolts will be easier next time....
Title: Re: Just finished my first service.
Post by: LowRyter on May 08, 2015, 10:36:48 AM
I have to say that other than the damn alternator cover bolts,  ::(  the valve adjustment is way easier than on an airhead BMW. Valves were very tight. I could only get .004 to go into the exhaust valves, and not even close on the intake.

any chance that you weren't TDC on the compression stroke?  It's happened to me.  The valves should both be loose.
Title: Re: Just finished my first service.
Post by: sign216 on May 08, 2015, 01:01:48 PM
I have to say that other than the damn alternator cover bolts,  ::(  the valve adjustment is way easier than on an airhead BMW. Valves were very tight. I could only get .004 to go into the exhaust valves, and not even close on the intake.

Yea, the valves come overly tight from the factory.   It makes the engine quieter,  easier to sell.
Title: Re: Just finished my first service.
Post by: lorazepam on May 08, 2015, 05:05:16 PM
Yes, it is a V7, and yes, I was at tdc on the compression stroke. I took the engine around a couple times to make sure I knew how the valves functioned and what the compression stroke looked like.
It seemed to really like having the valves adjusted, as it felt more willing to rev than when I got it. I am sure mine got the moto man break in, as it was a demo from the shop I bought it from.
Very happy with this bike. I need to get a picture.