Wildguzzi.com

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: radguzzi on June 18, 2015, 08:08:32 AM

Title: Windshield mounting assistance and Head light ears needed... 850-T
Post by: radguzzi on June 18, 2015, 08:08:32 AM

Well my buddy Frank brought his 850-T over to have the recently purchased windshield and brackets installed and I have a problem figuring out where and how to mount the lower brackets. 

Does anyone here have a good, close-up photo of how the lowers are attached and where...?

Obviously, the ones that attach to the screen are not an issue and I can figure out how the clamp kit will capture the lower part of those upper mounts but the lowers have me scratchin' me head...

Oh, and this T had fallen over at some point and the so the head light ears are pretty bent up, looking for a replacement set if anyone can help there.  Chrome of black, not fussy.

Thanks,
Rob



Windshield

(http://www.mgcycle.com/images/atrex/18577251_03.jpg)


Lower Mount Brackets

(http://www.mgcycle.com/images/atrex/mg277.jpg)


Screen Brackets

(http://www.mgcycle.com/images/atrex/mg563.jpg)


Clamp Kit

(http://www.mgcycle.com/images/atrex/18577251c.jpg)


Title: Re: Windshield mounting assistance and Head light ears needed... 850-T
Post by: Antietam Classic Cycle on June 18, 2015, 08:30:45 AM
The oblong hole attaches to the headlight mounting bolt/signal stalk, the tab with two holes mounts to a lug on the top triple clamp and the top of the fork. This photo might help:

(http://www.antietamclassiccycle.com/eddys_convert/Eddy_s_Convert_05252011_010.JPG)

Might have some headlight ears, let me dig through my junk and I'll let you lnow.
Title: Re: Windshield mounting assistance and Head light ears needed... 850-T
Post by: radguzzi on June 18, 2015, 08:47:02 AM

Ok, I am away from the garage right this secind but I'll check this out later this afternoon.  I need to swap out the ears anyway...  plus straighten out the misaligned front fork, been a bit twisted... :rolleyes:

Yes, please let me know what you can find for head light ears.

Thanks Charlie,
Rob

Title: Re: Windshield mounting assistance and Head light ears needed... 850-T
Post by: radguzzi on June 18, 2015, 07:14:52 PM

Hey Charlie,
I test fitted the brackets, yup, nice fit and the top tree lugs are even there... 

Lemme know what you find for ears.

Thanks much,
Rob

Title: Re: Windshield mounting assistance and Head light ears needed... 850-T
Post by: Antietam Classic Cycle on June 19, 2015, 05:03:29 PM
Thought I had a pair, but only found one headlight ear, a left one. Not sure if it'll fit an 850-T or not - the tubular part is 5.75"/14.5 cm long.
Title: Re: Windshield mounting assistance and Head light ears needed... 850-T
Post by: radguzzi on June 19, 2015, 05:08:12 PM

Not a problem Charlie, I thought I had a set too but no...  I will have Frank find a set so I can install this screen for him.

Thank you for looking.

Best,
Rob


Title: Re: Windshield mounting assistance and Head light ears needed... 850-T
Post by: Antietam Classic Cycle on June 19, 2015, 05:52:37 PM
You (or anyone else) is welcome to this headlight ear for the cost of postage. need to clear out some "junque".