Wildguzzi.com
General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: Guzzistajohn on August 08, 2015, 08:39:17 PM
-
Just make sure to carry proof of $50,000.00 coverage on your melon :wink:
http://www.ky3.com/news/local/missouri-house-approves-helmet-law-repeal/21048998_32378490
-
Do horseback riders have to have $50k of insurance?
Spud
-
It won't make it past a governor's veto.
-
Do horseback riders have to have $50k of insurance?
Spud
Sure, when they're riding their motorcycles without a helmet.
-
It won't make it past a governor's veto.
It would be OK with me. I'll still wear the gear anyway. I've had a meadowlark bounce off the top of my SHOEI @ 80 MPH can't imagine not wearing a lid.
-
Do horseback riders have to have $50k of insurance?
Spud
No helmet laws for cowboys Spud, they are more into spinal chord injuries :laugh:
-
It's still freedom of choice. I like it. A beenie is still better than nothing. It's basically what bicyclists wear, no.
-
I'm all for freedom of choice as long as you take responsibility for the choices you make. I don't really think comparing bicycles to motorbikes is an apples to apples comparison.
-
I'm all for freedom of choice as long as you take responsibility for the choices you make. I don't really think comparing bicycles to motorbikes is an apples to apples comparison.
More of an assholes to apples comparison. :evil: :grin:
-
More of an assholes to apples comparison. :evil: :grin:
Hey you big goofy Iowegian, I ride bicycles too. You calling me an asshole? :grin: :grin:
-
I'm all for freedom of choice as long as you take responsibility for the choices you make. I don't really think comparing bicycles to motorbikes is an apples to apples comparison.
Yes!
-
Hey you big goofy Iowegian, I ride bicycles too. You calling me an asshole? :grin: :grin:
We just had RAGBRAI up here. 10,000 drunken assholes. Many bike riders I have met, especially the ones from Iowa City, are flaming assholes. But like any group of individuals, a small percentage of assholes makes the other 95% of the groups look bad. I just wish I could still ride bicycle. With just one lung now I can't ride anymore. I used to love ride. Loved bombing down a trail on a hill in the woods and riding the bull. Damn I miss those days.
-
Sory, I didn't see where the law changed.
-
You know what dudes? Got to looking a little closer, this story was from April 15th. Sorry, I should do better at fact checking. I have fallen prey to internet bullshit. I apoligize.
-
A beenie is still better than nothing. It's basically what bicyclists wear, no.
Uh, no......poorly informed.
http://www.bhsi.org/standard.htm
-
So why do people who wear a restraining belt in a vehicle might not want to wear a helmet on a motorcycle? I wear the safety belt, always ride a motorcycle with a helmet but never wear a helmet during our daily bicycle ride at 10 MPH.
Does being fat or a tobacco user or a drinker cancel out the need for a helmet because statistically you're more likely to croak so the helmet is less important as a means to prevent serious injury or death ?
-
When I crash into motorcyclists with my car, I don't want the guilt of feeling responsible for the riders' death, permanent paralysis, or persistent vegetative state. If they are wearing helmets, these outcomes are less likely. That's why I want mandatory helmet laws. Call me self centered.
-
I'm right. you're wrong.
-
I'm right. you're wrong.
Of course ........ that's how we all feel here :Beating_A_Dead_Hors e_by_liviu
-
What I don't get is why do motorcycle owners pay upwards of $600-$700 for crash bars to protect the bike and then invest $0 for a helmet. Just doesn't seem right somehow.
\
-
How long would it take for $50k to evaporate in a neuro ICU?
-
When Florida went "helmet optional" they added the requirement for $10,000 in personal injury protection. I've said all along that wouldn't cover the emergency room visit after a crash and neither would the $50,000 requirement.
-
Those prices are basically from the industrial strength greed of the medical industry.
-
Those prices are basically from the industrial strength greed of the medical industry.
Any data or documentation to support that unfounded f'ing stupid sounding statement?
I mean, really?
We're having an adult conversation here .
-
We are , are you sure ? Hmm , a rarity around here :laugh: Ease up fellas , GJ already informed us the whole thread is a bit bogus .
Dusty
Ok, you're right, no adults here. I'm sorry. It must be the fault of all those filthy-rich, greedy, uncommitted, poorly trained doctors that have rendered care to the chronically ill.
<shaking head and walking away>
-
Right, Dusty, no problem there.
Just hate when folks blame the Medical profession and industry in unfounded uninformed fashion. No reason to have gone there in this discussion, per our friend from HI.
-
Profession? I thought you guys were just practicing :laugh:
-
Profession? I thought you guys were just practicing :laugh:
LOL - but still never get it perfect .... :boozing:
-
Every November at the Lone Star Rally I see 90%+ of the participants riding without helments. I'm appalled.
Most helmet discussions center around the idea of personal choice. To wear a helmet is your choice law or no law. Your wife or kid or Mom will have limited choices if you are severely injured. We will have limited choices about paying for your care if you have no or limited insurance. We will have limited choices as our insurance premiums rise. Just remember your choice affects many others.
Riding a MC is inherently dangerous (not trying to start a argument here) I do what I can to mitigate that danger. Especially wearing a helmet.
If you chose to ride without a helmet at least sign your organ/tissue donor card.
Dave
Galveston
-
Geeze, I wasn't trying to start a fight here, I tried to delete this thread when I found out it's actually old news. Chill out boys!
-
We are going the wrong way!
No mandatory Helmet laws are what is needed. Since a motorcycle license is a privilege and not a rite make the "Organ Donor" card mandatory. Then if someone wants to become a vegetable that's fine -- they'll just get harvested.
For those over 65, just make them DNR's.
Think of it as "managed care".
-
you boys are killing me----keep up the nonsense--------------
-
We are going the wrong way!
No mandatory Helmet laws are what is needed. Since a motorcycle license is a privilege and not a rite make the "Organ Donor" card mandatory. Then if someone wants to become a vegetable that's fine -- they'll just get harvested.
For those over 65, just make them DNR's.
Think of it as "managed care".
I agree with some of that. But becoming a veg won't get you harvested, you'll just be a burden on your family and society. To be harvested you have to "check out" first.
-
What is this? Helmets manage some of the risk of riding - not all. Like hitting a bridge abutment at 80mph. The real question remains of we are to 'regulate' all risk takers equally? (IE snow skiers, horseback riders, pilots, sky divers, chimney sweeps, etc)
Spud
PS: I love out-of-control threads...
-
What is this? Helmets manage some of the risk of riding - not all. Like hitting a bridge abutment at 80mph. The real question remains of we are to 'regulate' all risk takers equally? (IE snow skiers, horseback riders, pilots, sky divers, chimney sweeps, etc)
Spud
PS: I love out-of-control threads...
Good point Spud, Spinal chord injuries are a hazard in all those things you mentioned and a helmet won't help one bit.
-
What is this? Helmets manage some of the risk of riding - not all. Like hitting a bridge abutment at 80mph. The real question remains of we are to 'regulate' all risk takers equally? (IE snow skiers, horseback riders, pilots, sky divers, chimney sweeps, etc)
Spud
PS: I love out-of-control threads...
This.
-
No helmet laws for cowboys Spud, they are more into spinal chord injuries :laugh:
Had a woman neighbor who fell off her horse and she hasn't been the same since mentally. :sad: But let's just make a joke about the whole subject...........
-
Wayne , Guzzistajohn dedicated 14 years of his professional life to helping people with spinal cord injuries and other debilitating diseases , took great pride in doing so . Don't think he was making a joke as he was on the front lines all of that time .
Dusty
Nope, no joking here. I worked with HUNDREDS of victims of spinal chord injuries, head injuries, ALS, MS and many others. I have compassion and care for all of them. Makes me thankful everyday for being as healthy as I am. However it's been nice to not have do deal with it for the last few weeks. I didn't know it at the time, but I think it does kinda wear on 'ya.
-
What is this? Helmets manage some of the risk of riding - not all. Like hitting a bridge abutment at 80mph. The real question remains of we are to 'regulate' all risk takers equally? (IE snow skiers, horseback riders, pilots, sky divers, chimney sweeps, etc)
Spud
PS: I love out-of-control threads...
I agree. Requiring helmets in all these sports will go a long way toward making motorcycling safer. :rolleyes:
Seriously though -- if you are concerned about helmets and safety laws in these other areas, be an activist for them. If you're just throwing them into a motorcycle discussion to trivialize the issue, its spurious.
-
I agree with some of that. But becoming a veg won't get you harvested, you'll just be a burden on your family and society. To be harvested you have to "check out" first.
A "million dollar baby" or
"become a radish get reaped"
"become a pumpkin get picked"
"grow into a garbanzo and get gathered"
"turn into a turnip and get taken"
rule for motorcycle head injuries would fix that.