Wildguzzi.com

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: SED on August 10, 2015, 08:08:34 PM

Title: video of riding the Monza over Beartooth Pass
Post by: SED on August 10, 2015, 08:08:34 PM
Jill and I just got back from our big summer trip and she agreed to let me take the Monza in the back of the truck.   :cool:    This gave me the opportunity to get out and ride about 550 miles of the trip including Beartooth. 

(http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/shawnsci/IMG_1985_zps9gdvo7hp.jpg)

Here's a longish video taken while heading up the pass.  :popcorn:   It's jetted for sea level so the altitude really knocked the wind out of it near the top. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aitKbRnW4I8

Should I be surprised that the Monza was the smallest bike on the pass?
Title: Re: video of riding the Monza over Beartooth Pass
Post by: Jim Rich on August 10, 2015, 08:21:27 PM
Thanks for putting up the video, like we are riding right along with you.  Great bike you have there.
Title: Re: video of riding the Monza over Beartooth Pass
Post by: SED on August 10, 2015, 08:53:09 PM
Thanks Jim, glad you like it.  Beartooth pass is really beautiful and full of great corners. 
Title: Re: video of riding the Monza over Beartooth Pass
Post by: Guido Valvole on August 10, 2015, 09:03:12 PM
A familiar view, at least to the windshield  :cool:  The part ahead of that is a bit more scenic than here. Must be a Monza, I can hear the primary whine from here! Looks like fun.
cr
Title: Re: video of riding the Monza over Beartooth Pass
Post by: Tom Parmelee on August 10, 2015, 09:06:10 PM
Nice work.  In the latter part of the video, amid he cloud and drizzle, I felt as if I were looking over Mike the Bike's shoulder strafing the mountain on the Isle of Man.   Last time I rode Beartooth was a sunny Sunday afternoon in August. Every plodding motorhome and brain dead driver within a two-state radius was on that road.  The V11 Sport never got above third gear--barely stall speed--but a nice ride nonetheless.  Good timing on your part and stunning small block you have!
Title: Re: video of riding the Monza over Beartooth Pass
Post by: lucydad on August 10, 2015, 09:08:56 PM
SED,

What fun!  Beautiful pass indeed.  I remember driving it and camping in the area when I lived in Casper, WY.

Was that a HD you passed?

thanks!
Title: Re: video of riding the Monza over Beartooth Pass
Post by: oldbike54 on August 10, 2015, 09:20:18 PM
 That was fun  :thumb:

  Dusty
Title: Re: video of riding the Monza over Beartooth Pass
Post by: PeteS on August 10, 2015, 09:41:35 PM
What day were your there? We did the loop from Cody to Chief Joseph to Beartooth down to Red Lodge and back to Cody last Tuesday. This was the first time I did Beartooth west to east and was a whole lot harder going downhill.

Pete
Title: Re: video of riding the Monza over Beartooth Pass
Post by: PJPR01 on August 10, 2015, 10:04:31 PM
One of the must do rides...no doubt!  Relived my ride thru there 2 years ago again thru your video!  I noticed you only saluted a couple of the riders on the way up...I guess you were having too much fun to wave!  :)
Title: Re: video of riding the Monza over Beartooth Pass
Post by: SED on August 10, 2015, 10:10:52 PM
What day were your there? We did the loop from Cody to Chief Joseph to Beartooth down to Red Lodge and back to Cody last Tuesday. This was the first time I did Beartooth west to east and was a whole lot harder going downhill.

Pete

Hey Pete, It was Wednesday morning - just missed you!  I did Chief Joseph two years ago but had to skip Beartooth so wanted to make up for it.
Title: Re: video of riding the Monza over Beartooth Pass
Post by: SED on August 10, 2015, 10:15:10 PM
Nice work.  In the latter part of the video, amid he cloud and drizzle, I felt as if I were looking over Mike the Bike's shoulder strafing the mountain on the Isle of Man.   

Thanks for the kudos! A funny thing about the GoPro is that it makes the video look faster than it is - the speedo says 25 in the hairpins and it reads fast.  Lots of fun tho.
Title: Re: video of riding the Monza over Beartooth Pass
Post by: SED on August 10, 2015, 10:19:39 PM
One of the must do rides...no doubt!  Relived my ride thru there 2 years ago again thru your video!  I noticed you only saluted a couple of the riders on the way up...I guess you were having too much fun to wave!  :)

Glad you liked it.  Funny, when I started up I thought that many riders seemed too busy to wave back - guess I got the same way.  I did really appreciated a couple of riders and drivers that made an effort to let me pass and I did try to thank them for their courtesy.
Title: Re: video of riding the Monza over Beartooth Pass
Post by: kirkemon on August 10, 2015, 10:31:32 PM
Nice ride! Great bike! :thumb:
Thanks for posting.
Title: Re: video of riding the Monza over Beartooth Pass
Post by: SED on August 10, 2015, 10:41:36 PM
Glad you've enjoyed it!  It seems a little narcissistic to post a video, but I very much enjoy the videos and photo essays that others post so thought I'd return the favor.   :boozing:
Title: Re: video of riding the Monza over Beartooth Pass
Post by: Yukonica on August 11, 2015, 01:00:01 AM
Glad you've enjoyed it!  It seems a little narcissistic to post a video, but I very much enjoy the videos and photo essays that others post so thought I'd return the favor.   :boozing:

and it is well received. thanks. enjoyed the trip immensely.
Title: Re: video of riding the Monza over Beartooth Pass
Post by: Chuck in Indiana on August 11, 2015, 07:11:00 AM
I love Beartooth. I'll give it one more go next year with any luck at all.. :smiley:
Title: Re: video of riding the Monza over Beartooth Pass
Post by: nick949 on August 11, 2015, 07:45:12 AM
Glad you've enjoyed it!  It seems a little narcissistic to post a video, but I very much enjoy the videos and photo essays that others post so thought I'd return the favor.   :boozing:

Great video. That bike sounds superb.  Narcissistic - who gives a d#*m. Glad you did - thanks!

Nick
Title: Re: video of riding the Monza over Beartooth Pass
Post by: oldbike54 on August 11, 2015, 09:41:04 AM
Great video. That bike sounds superb.  Narcissistic - who gives a d#*m. Glad you did - thanks!

Nick

  :1:  Ride videos that well done are a great joy  :bike-037:

  Dusty
Title: Re: video of riding the Monza over Beartooth Pass
Post by: Testarossa on August 11, 2015, 10:11:30 AM
Very cool. A number of decades ago I spent some time skiing in the cirque with Erich Sailer's coaching staff, and then did a multi-day ski solo ski tour across the Beartooth Plateau. It was July, and there was plenty of snow.
Title: Re: video of riding the Monza over Beartooth Pass
Post by: tiger_one on August 11, 2015, 10:36:30 AM
I went up the Beartooth in June 2012 on my way to Alaska, snow was over 6 feet deep along the sides in someplaces.
Title: Re: video of riding the Monza over Beartooth Pass
Post by: Spuddy on August 11, 2015, 10:40:57 AM
Think I'll havta visit my son in Billings and detour through Red Lodge on the way back...

Spud