Wildguzzi.com

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: szasz on February 06, 2016, 10:03:49 PM

Title: Video Report of a Moto Guzzi Rally in Japan
Post by: szasz on February 06, 2016, 10:03:49 PM
My friend Greg just posted a video report on the Guzzi and Magni rally that we held last fall here in Kyushu (southwestern Japan). He's captured some really nice exhaust notes from a wide variety of MG models - check it out if you can.  Greg also has a lot of well made videos about motorcycling touring here in Japan which might tempt some forum members to visit Japan for the excellent twisities, scenery and delicious food of course! Video report: https://youtu.be/ySXiHSGxYik (https://youtu.be/ySXiHSGxYik)

- - and:
Still photos from the rally:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.898044436930559&type=1 (https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.898044436930559&type=1)

Greg's YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/baikudokan1 (https://www.youtube.com/user/baikudokan1)

Nick
Title: Re: Video Report of a Moto Guzzi Rally in Japan
Post by: oldbike54 on February 06, 2016, 10:16:29 PM
 Cool  :bike-037:

 Dusty
Title: Re: Video Report of a Moto Guzzi Rally in Japan
Post by: Guzzistajohn on February 06, 2016, 10:55:02 PM
Those fellers have some sweet machines. I wonder if they change their oil hot or cold?
Title: Re: Video Report of a Moto Guzzi Rally in Japan
Post by: oldbike54 on February 06, 2016, 11:04:14 PM
Those fellers have some sweet machines. I wonder if they change their oil hot or cold?

  :laugh: :shocked: :laugh: :shocked: :laugh: :shocked:

 Or if they know those aren't Hondas  :huh:

 Dusty
Title: Re: Video Report of a Moto Guzzi Rally in Japan
Post by: Zoom Zoom on February 07, 2016, 05:30:55 AM
As John said, there are some sweet machines. Going through the vid, I also noticed some nice touches that the owners have done. Subtle things. Very nice. Thanks for the link. :thumb:

John Henry
Title: Re: Video Report of a Moto Guzzi Rally in Japan
Post by: Chuck in Indiana on February 07, 2016, 08:26:43 AM
That yellow Spot was a sweet sounding thing..
Title: Re: Video Report of a Moto Guzzi Rally in Japan
Post by: Bonafide Bob on February 07, 2016, 09:31:37 AM
That was interesting, Thanks for sharing.
Bob
Title: Re: Video Report of a Moto Guzzi Rally in Japan
Post by: toma nova on February 11, 2016, 08:28:42 PM
Great videos on Greg's channel.  The practice video reminds me of my oogata test - I only failed it once because I  touched a cone with one of the huge rear crash guards on the CB750.  What a pig that was trying to get around the test course cleanly.  I can clearly recall the iron bridge!

I lived in Tokyo 2007-10 and rode my VStrom 650 all over Kanto.  The best riding I've ever experienced, once you get away from the city.  Lots of fond memories of tearing up Izu peninsula and running my D-Tracker at a hilly 1km track with 13 turns.  And I love lane splitting!!!

This is when I just went out and rode on the track with no instruction.  I like to think that my form has improved since 2009...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH78BM9NZGs (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH78BM9NZGs)

Tom
Title: Re: Video Report of a Moto Guzzi Rally in Japan
Post by: Arizona Wayne on February 12, 2016, 12:29:27 AM
Where is that?  Their filtering(lane splitting) makes ours (Cal.) look positively safe in comparison.  :shocked:  Why anyone would have a big bike there is beyond me.  Make 1 little mistake and you could have a head on.  :bike-037:
Title: Re: Video Report of a Moto Guzzi Rally in Japan
Post by: JJ on February 12, 2016, 07:07:46 AM
I traveled to Japan on business, every quarter, from 1993-2010. 

I regret that I was always too busy traveling all around and visiting customers, and never had the opportunity to attend this fabulous rally! 

I would have loved to bond with all the Japanese Guzzisti over there! :thumb: :cool:

JJ Cerilli
Title: Re: Video Report of a Moto Guzzi Rally in Japan
Post by: Groover on February 12, 2016, 07:09:41 AM
Well orchestrated video, fun to watch (and listen). Thanks for posting.