Wildguzzi.com

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: Mayor_of_BBQ on February 11, 2016, 01:12:52 PM

Title: LeMans IV brake master cylinder & de-linking questions
Post by: Mayor_of_BBQ on February 11, 2016, 01:12:52 PM
I have a LM IV front end with an 18" wheel that I hope to fit on my v65 scrambler project (long story)

In this process, I want to de-link the brakes and run both front discs from the handlebar.

What size master cylinder should I be looking for?

I do not want a vintage unit, would prefer something modern (preferably something that can be matched with a new clutch lever as well).  I am going to use 7/8th bars.  I would rather use a take-off from another euro or a japanese bike than buying a brand-new set from brembo.

Any advice appreciated, as would be ebay links or other leads!



Title: Re: LeMans IV brake master cylinder & de-linking questions
Post by: Antietam Classic Cycle on February 11, 2016, 02:52:50 PM
Two F08 calipers - 15 mm master cylinder. Brand new Brembo is $139. I'll leave the eBay searching to you.  :wink:
Title: Re: LeMans IV brake master cylinder & de-linking questions
Post by: Mayor_of_BBQ on February 11, 2016, 03:18:12 PM
Two F08 calipers - 15 mm master cylinder. Brand new Brembo is $139. I'll leave the eBay searching to you.  :wink:

Thanks Charlie! 15mm it is!

You'll be relieved to know I'm not putting the LM front end on my Ambo  :boozing:
Title: Re: LeMans IV brake master cylinder & de-linking questions
Post by: N.Y.zee10 on February 11, 2016, 03:28:31 PM
http://www.vintagebrake.com/mastercylinder.htm

Handy chart.