Wildguzzi.com

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: OkJohn on February 15, 2016, 10:28:00 AM

Title: Later today...Going to check out a used...
Post by: OkJohn on February 15, 2016, 10:28:00 AM
2007 Norge
Approx 23700 miles.
I have read several threads on issues with these bikes, and previously owned one myself.
My recent trend has been toward lighter bikes that are still HWY capable.
My last two bikes were A V7 Stone (2012), and a Versys 650 (2013).
I am currently without a bike & I can get this Norge for  reasonable $$$s.  :thumb:

The Norge is somewhat "vouched" for, by the mechanic (whose shop it is stored in), as well as the previous owner, and also a local board member.
So, as writing sometime clarifies thoughts, I thought I'd just drop this in here and see what kind of response I get.
I am feeling a bit wishy-washy, as I have bought bikes new mostly.
Plus, it will be a bit bigger and heavier to move around (I am 5-7, weigh 160, and am 60 years old dammit)  LOL  :rolleyes:

Maybe when I ride it the desire will grow. LOL
John
 :popcorn:

Title: Re: Later today...Going to check out a used...
Post by: fotoguzzi on February 15, 2016, 10:49:05 AM
Or maybe just seeing it... If it is that bronze color, Nice!
Title: Re: Later today...Going to check out a used...
Post by: oldbike54 on February 15, 2016, 11:06:05 AM
 John , aren't Norges capable of dealing with wind ? Might be a good choice for trips across central Oklahoma . I say buy it , and ride it to Cedar Vale in April so we can all OOH and AHH over it and tell you what a smart fella you are for making such an excellent choice  :laugh:

 Dusty
Title: Re: Later today...Going to check out a used...
Post by: ken farr on February 15, 2016, 11:31:59 AM
John , aren't Norges capable of dealing with wind ? Might be a good choice for trips across central Oklahoma . I say buy it , and ride it to Cedar Vale in April so we can all OOH and AHH over it and tell you what a smart fella you are for making such an excellent choice  :laugh:

 Dusty


Well, hell, that's worth the price of admission right there......

kjf
Title: Re: Later today...Going to check out a used...
Post by: Scott of the Sahara on February 15, 2016, 12:14:21 PM
My Guzzi is a '08 Norge. I have 27,000 Miles on it. Not too many problems. Really good bike. Really eats up the miles.
Sounds like a good bike for you.
Title: Re: Later today...Going to check out a used...
Post by: twowings on February 15, 2016, 01:40:13 PM
Seen it yet?  Pics?
Title: Re: Later today...Going to check out a used...
Post by: OkJohn on February 15, 2016, 02:59:30 PM
Rides pretty good, left fork seal weeping pretty good too.
Here it is in my drive :   :wink:
(http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee213/JohnLphoto/20160215_140022.jpg) (http://s229.photobucket.com/user/JohnLphoto/media/20160215_140022.jpg.html)
Title: Re: Later today...Going to check out a used...
Post by: John Ulrich on February 15, 2016, 03:29:09 PM

Here it is in my drive :   :wink:
(http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee213/JohnLphoto/20160215_140022.jpg) (http://s229.photobucket.com/user/JohnLphoto/media/20160215_140022.jpg.html)

If it make it to your driveway, it sounds like a done deal!   :thumb:
Title: Re: Later today...Going to check out a used...
Post by: LowRyter on February 15, 2016, 05:39:06 PM
Congrats John,  you're "The Original".

Let's hit the bike club dinner at Pioneer Pies tomorrow at 6?

BTW- you don't look a day over 59.
Title: Re: Later today...Going to check out a used...
Post by: Chuck in Indiana on February 15, 2016, 06:58:06 PM
If it make it to your driveway, it sounds like a done deal!   :thumb:

Guzzis get ya home..  :smiley:
Title: Re: Later today...Going to check out a used...
Post by: OkJohn on February 15, 2016, 07:03:22 PM
I appreciate the friendly replies!!!
Thanks!
John, my youthful looks are just a gift I guess  lol.
 looks like it might be worth it to try seal doctor or something very similar before I order new seals -
Don't know about dinner Tuesday just yet!
Title: Re: Later today...Going to check out a used...
Post by: TobyJug on February 15, 2016, 09:14:56 PM
Congratulations!

I notice that it's on it's side stand.  Do you find it easy or not to get it on it's centre stand?  I find it to be a bit of a bugger and I'm about the same size as you.
Title: Re: Later today...Going to check out a used...
Post by: OkJohn on February 16, 2016, 06:19:11 AM
Congratulations!

I notice that it's on it's side stand.  Do you find it easy or not to get it on it's centre stand?  I find it to be a bit of a bugger and I'm about the same size as you.

I tried when I stopped to gas up - no go one first effort.
Where there is a will, there is a way.
I hope
Title: Re: Later today...Going to check out a used...
Post by: jbell on February 16, 2016, 09:39:51 AM
I appreciate the friendly replies!!!
Thanks!
John, my youthful looks are just a gift I guess  lol.
 looks like it might be worth it to try seal doctor or something very similar before I order new seals -
Don't know about dinner Tuesday just yet!

Congrats.  You sound like a decisive fella.  I've been waffling on another bike for several months and can't even decide what type of bike I want.  Hope you'r enjoying the same kind of weather we are having down in central Texas.
Title: Re: Later today...Going to check out a used...
Post by: rocker59 on February 16, 2016, 09:48:32 AM
The two things I remember about the 2007 Norge were:

-Soft rear spring that many replaced with a heavier one.  Probably not as big an issue for a solo 160 lbs rider, though.

-limited oil dipstick access.  There was a fix, so this bike may have been  modified.
Title: Re: Later today...Going to check out a used...
Post by: twowings on February 16, 2016, 09:58:27 AM
Looks great! Congratulations!
Title: Re: Later today...Going to check out a used...
Post by: canuguzzi on February 16, 2016, 10:34:41 AM
To help getting it off the center stand, use one leg to push forward with slightly more pressure on the bars, same side as the leg you're using to push with. That keeps the bike from wanting to fall away from you when the stand swings up.

You'll be sitting off center on the seat. Otherwise you end up rocking the horse as people look on wondering just what it is you're doing.

Just make sure your leg is not in front of the footrest for obvious reasons.
Title: Re: Later today...Going to check out a used...
Post by: LowRyter on February 16, 2016, 11:17:54 AM
The two things I remember about the 2007 Norge were:

-Soft rear spring that many replaced with a heavier one.  Probably not as big an issue for a solo 160 lbs rider, though.

-limited oil dipstick access.  There was a fix, so this bike may have been  modified.

Re, the springs, I think this bike was lowered.  The previous owner was about John's size. 

I also have to wonder if it isn't more difficult to secure the center stand after the bike is lowered a couple of inches?  I would imagine so.

Title: Re: Later today...Going to check out a used...
Post by: rocker59 on February 16, 2016, 11:32:40 AM
Re, the springs, I think this bike was lowered.  The previous owner was about John's size. 

I also have to wonder if it isn't more difficult to secure the center stand after the bike is lowered a couple of inches?  I would imagine so.

If the bike has been lowered, and the centerstand not shortened, then yes.  Getting a 600 lbs bike up on the centerstand will be tougher, requiring some extra muscle.
Title: Re: Later today...Going to check out a used...
Post by: HardAspie on February 16, 2016, 11:36:24 AM
Being neither very strong nor heavy, I have found that I need a stand helper. I carry a short length of 2X4. Place behind the rear wheel, roll bike backward onto that piece of wood, then dismount and use the centre stand.