Wildguzzi.com

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: Demar on April 26, 2016, 07:26:59 PM

Title: Boat Sidecar
Post by: Demar on April 26, 2016, 07:26:59 PM
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=boat+sidecar&view=detail&mid=3AD819719C8B9A536B803AD819719C8B9A536B80&FORM=VIRE
Title: Re: Boat Sidecar
Post by: oldbike54 on April 26, 2016, 07:31:04 PM
 Well sure , why not .

 Dusty
Title: Re: Boat Sidecar
Post by: Jim Rich on April 26, 2016, 07:47:47 PM
That was entertaining.  Thanks
Title: Re: Boat Sidecar
Post by: SED on April 26, 2016, 07:55:22 PM
Ariel 650 1954-55.   :grin:
Title: Re: Boat Sidecar
Post by: Sasquatch Jim on April 26, 2016, 08:29:51 PM
  Been there, Done that. "tworks.

 (https://www.bikepics.com/pics/2008/06/15/bikepics-1321595-800.jpg)
Title: Re: Boat Sidecar
Post by: fotoguzzi on April 26, 2016, 09:08:23 PM
Awesome, thx 4 posting..
Title: Re: Boat Sidecar
Post by: ITSec on April 26, 2016, 09:23:55 PM
Well, if you ride on the wrong side of the road, there's no telling what you'll turn into (literally)...

I'm not sure if such a film were made today whether the woman would be a passenger after the craft entered the water - after all, she was in front before they stopped!
Title: Re: Boat Sidecar
Post by: MGPilot on April 26, 2016, 09:59:09 PM
She was smiling way too much....as if it were for the camera.....consider ing how amazingly popular these became. 

They also seemed to sluff over sliding a painted, wooden boat across a concrete bulkhead for launching.  Hm.
Title: Re: Boat Sidecar
Post by: Triple Jim on April 26, 2016, 10:09:03 PM
Living at a lake, that's very interesting to me.  I'd have a blast with it if I only had the time/energy to build it, since I'm sure there's no local dealer.    :laugh:
Title: Re: Boat Sidecar
Post by: Sasquatch Jim on April 26, 2016, 11:42:35 PM
  Again I post a photo from bikepix.com and it was shown. A few hours later it is gone.  WTF?
Title: Re: Boat Sidecar
Post by: ITSec on April 27, 2016, 12:26:25 AM
  Again I post a photo from bikepix.com and it was shown. A few hours later it is gone.  WTF?

What photo? I didn't see it in your previous post even a few minutes after you posted.
Title: Re: Boat Sidecar
Post by: not-fishing on April 27, 2016, 09:35:19 AM
A new variation on a theme.

(http://www.dmcsidecars.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/DSCN4771r-1.jpg)

http://www.dmcsidecars.com/sidecars/tomahawk-sidecar-2/

Now when they build it with steam-bent oak frames, a cedar plank hull and cherry breast-hook they'll have a real boat.

(https://windfallwoodworks.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/rob8.jpg?w=650&h=487&crop=1)
Title: Re: Boat Sidecar
Post by: sbaker on April 27, 2016, 09:36:01 AM
If they had a URAL they could have just backed down the ramp....
Title: Re: Boat Sidecar
Post by: oldbike54 on April 27, 2016, 09:45:49 AM
If they had a URAL they could have just backed down the ramp....

 Sure , after the Ural was towed there by another vehicle  :shocked:

 Dusty
Title: Re: Boat Sidecar
Post by: cruzziguzzi on April 27, 2016, 12:29:12 PM
I'm not sure if such a film were made today whether the woman would be a passenger after the craft entered the water - after all, she was in front before they stopped!

"Nobody puts Baby in a back seat!"

That thing is so cool!

The way it starts out so makes me think you've linked us to a Monty Python skit. :thumb:

Couple of things taken from narrator"

"Even in poor conditions like this" Really? Looks like an average English day to me.

Then, classic English.... er, English:

"I was belting down the M-1 at maximum revs, and the Indian veered sharply to port across my bows and pranged me right in the scuppers!"... Priceless!


Todd.
Title: Re: Boat Sidecar
Post by: not-fishing on April 27, 2016, 03:10:15 PM
A line from "Baretts Privateers" I've always liked.

Quote
The cook's in the scuppers with the staggers and jags

Maybe I should build a proper wooden-boat-sidecar.

I could call her the "Antelope".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIwzRkjn86w
Title: Re: Boat Sidecar
Post by: ITSec on April 28, 2016, 12:10:19 AM

Now when they build it with steam-bent oak frames, a cedar plank hull and cherry breast-hook they'll have a real boat.

(https://windfallwoodworks.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/rob8.jpg?w=650&h=487&crop=1)

Harumph!!!

Real watercraft are made from chestnut strakes and are canvas-covered. I myself have paddled (or helped paddle) voyageur canoes across much of Canada west of the Sault (pronounced Soo by the Philistine Americans  :tongue: ).