Wildguzzi.com

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: tris on April 29, 2016, 01:40:14 AM

Title: Breva 1100 Air temp sensor
Post by: tris on April 29, 2016, 01:40:14 AM
What is the air temp sensor behind the plastic trim around the ignition switch for?

Does it just display the ambient temp on the dash or is it a cross ref to the temp sensor in the airbox?

Secondly, will it cause a SERVICE warning if its damaged/unplugged?

Cheers
Title: Re: Breva 1100 Air temp sensor
Post by: pauldaytona on April 29, 2016, 03:58:59 AM
as far as I know it does nothing with fuel. Only the dash. But I have not extensive tested that. Easy test would be pulling it, and see if in guzzidiag the airtemp changes. Or heat it by holding it between fingers should rise temp in guzzidiag.
Title: Re: Breva 1100 Air temp sensor
Post by: Kev m on April 29, 2016, 05:21:08 AM
Dash gauge only.

Iirc there's an air temp sensor for the motor on the airbox.

No I'm pretty sure the dash sensor shouldn't cause any trouble codes or warning lights.
Title: Re: Breva 1100 Air temp sensor
Post by: tris on April 29, 2016, 08:24:25 AM
Cheers Paul/Kev

I suspect I must have knocked a wire off in my failed attempt to get the tank of the darn thing!!

I'll take a look-see if I get a moment tonight