Wildguzzi.com

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: steven c on May 10, 2016, 09:28:37 AM

Title: Griso review
Post by: steven c on May 10, 2016, 09:28:37 AM
Some one who gets it.
http://magazine.cyclenews.com/i/671116-cycle-news-2016-issue-16-april-26/94?
Title: Re: Griso review
Post by: JeffOlson on May 10, 2016, 09:45:29 AM
Great review!
Title: Re: Griso review
Post by: twowings on May 10, 2016, 11:15:49 AM
"Numbers are a young man's game..."  Love that!
Title: Re: Griso review
Post by: PJPR01 on May 10, 2016, 12:30:29 PM
It's a great review...one our own BP could have written!  Nicely done...
Title: Re: Griso review
Post by: pebra on May 10, 2016, 03:40:01 PM
Now that was a refreshing review!
Got to say I share his sentiments.
Title: Re: Griso review
Post by: cruzziguzzi on May 10, 2016, 04:12:36 PM
Very pleasant review to read. he completely "gets it".

Unfortunately, if Pete's correct, it's too late for that beauty if it is truly slated for termination.

If it had a bit larger tank or if I still lived in a motorcycle enthusiasts paradise I'd have one, just because...

The fellas who have these and hold onto them are really gonna be in the cat-bird seat one day. Woulda, shoulda, coulda will be ringing in their ears.



Todd.
Title: Re: Griso review
Post by: tazio on May 10, 2016, 04:53:06 PM
6 years ago I test rode a Griso but didn't pull the trigger.
I was worth the wait.
Title: Re: Griso review
Post by: Mark111 on May 10, 2016, 10:19:44 PM
Here is a better one from another Oz bike journo.

http://www.bikeme.tv/index.php/2013-moto-guzzi-GRiSO-se/
Title: Re: Griso review
Post by: JeffOlson on May 10, 2016, 11:52:27 PM
^ Yep. A fantastic review!
Title: Re: Griso review
Post by: pebra on May 11, 2016, 01:22:48 AM
With accolades like those above, Guzzi sold only a few Grisos, is (apparently) about to stop making it, and leaves the field to the 9-T.

Guzzi could make the perfect bike, but they wouldn't be able to sell it.
Title: Re: Griso review
Post by: pete roper on May 11, 2016, 02:58:47 AM
Al this worry about the small tank is complete crap.

Four of us have just completed a week long 3,000+km tour through some of the remotest sealed roads in Oz. not once did we even get near running out of petrol! What a crock!

Pete
Title: Re: Griso review
Post by: cruzziguzzi on May 11, 2016, 11:25:52 AM
Al this worry about the small tank is complete crap.
... not once did we even get near running out of petrol! What a crock!
Pete

An attitude about someone else's desired parameters... now there's a "crock"!

Simply put, I don't recall anyone talking about "running out of gas". What tool runs out of gas regularly when they know the volume?
It's an issue of folks like me having a 200 mile standard we like to maintain which has less to do with the actual mileage for me so much as it has to do with beiing able to rely on 3 hour stints without having to stop.

I certainly get that some people don't want to ride for three hours at a time, that some people don't need to ride for three hours at a time and more significantly around here - that most people are incapable of riding for three hours at time but significant miles and/or duration is the SINGLE reason for me not buying the Griso when looking at it in the dealer's showroom.

I was even going to take one in addition to my Sport regardless of some overlap in use.

Continually, acerbically jumping down people's throats in relation to their points of view - colorful idiomatic eccentricities not withstanding - is "crap" from my perspective.

I know the math wonks are gonna go nuts trying to poke holes in this with my listed bikes but trust me, if I can regularly get 54 mpg from a Sportster (which is not held to my 3 hour standard at all) I can get 3 hours from almost all of the "open road" bikes I've owned.


Todd.
Title: Re: Griso review
Post by: WitchCityGuzzi on May 11, 2016, 01:33:58 PM
The tank range is pretty irrelevant IMO. My wife did a cross country trip on her Griso SE including a blast up to Alaska, and never once ran out of fuel. I've found that in North America, the old adage that where there are people, there is gas is pretty accurate. FWIW, since it's remapping, she can get very close to 200 miles.

On that cross country trip, she logged nearly 7000 miles.
Title: Re: Griso review
Post by: segesta on May 11, 2016, 02:13:38 PM
"Funnily'?
Title: Re: Griso review
Post by: pete roper on May 11, 2016, 05:32:26 PM
An attitude about someone else's desired parameters... now there's a "crock"!

I don't have an 'Attitude' to anybody's desired parameters. I'm simply pointing out that worrying about the tank volume is stupid. Incidentally with a 16.5 litre tank 200 miles is readily achievable as long as the bike is tuned properly and you're travelling at sane speeds.


Quote
Continually, acerbically jumping down people's throats in relation to their points of view - colorful idiomatic eccentricities not withstanding - is "crap" from my perspective.

Uh? Once again I didn't think I did! One thing I have noticed over the last few years on WG is an increasing desire by some people to turn the place into a vicar's tea party of humourless, uniform 'Politeness' where any strong statement is branded 'Offensive' and 'Tutt-Tutted' at by the Old Maids! How about accepting a diversity of styles and opinions?

Pete