Wildguzzi.com

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: bad Chad on May 25, 2016, 08:17:42 PM

Title: Motorcyclist review of Harley 1200 Roadster...
Post by: bad Chad on May 25, 2016, 08:17:42 PM
http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/2016-harley-davidson-roadster-first-ride-review-sportsters

Still think I would rather have a v9.
Title: Re: Motorcyclist review of Harley 1200 Roadster...
Post by: Lcarlson on May 25, 2016, 10:25:45 PM
I'm a former Sportster owner (2006 1200 Custom) and I find that review to be about as luke warm as it could be -- everything else is better BUT it's a Harley. I enjoyed my Sporty for what it was, but this evaluation is not likely to win many new converts. And if it's accurate, it shouldn't.
Title: Re: Motorcyclist review of Harley 1200 Roadster...
Post by: mjptexas on May 26, 2016, 07:26:18 AM
I'm a former Sportster owner (2006 1200 Custom) and I find that review to be about as luke warm as it could be -- everything else is better BUT it's a Harley. I enjoyed my Sporty for what it was, but this evaluation is not likely to win many new converts. And if it's accurate, it shouldn't.

Actually the Roadster is quite a bit better than the earlier Sportsters.  Suspension wise anyway.  Now that I've gotten mine broken in I'm planning a back to back ride comaparison with my '06 Grsio this weekend (assuming it doesn't rain all weekend). I don't expect it to be better than the Griso, I just want to see how close it can get.
Title: Re: Motorcyclist review of Harley 1200 Roadster...
Post by: Triple Jim on May 26, 2016, 08:21:34 AM
Once I saw the 568 lb weight, any hope of it being sporty or my being interested in it went out the window.  Scraping at 31 degrees of lean kills my interest by itself, as well.
Title: Re: Motorcyclist review of Harley 1200 Roadster...
Post by: Chuck in Indiana on May 26, 2016, 08:30:20 AM
Well, it's a Harley for heaven's sake. What did you expect, a real motorcycle?  :evil:  :whip2:  :smiley: That said, I love the character of the Sportster engine, and would pick a sporty over an appliance any day.