Wildguzzi.com

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: Farmer Dan on June 05, 2016, 07:24:34 PM

Title: Do hard bags make my but look big?
Post by: Farmer Dan on June 05, 2016, 07:24:34 PM
Finally got the bags I was looking for and got them mounted.  Still need to weld some tabs for the cross bar to bolt too.  The rear bumper will get in the way so that's up for sale in the swap meet.  So how does the old girl look with the bags?  Should I just clean them or should they be painted black?

(http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/farmerdan/1972%20Moto%20Guzzi%20Eldorado%20Rebuild/Saddlebag%20mounted%2002_zpszmb1q59u.jpg)

(http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/farmerdan/1972%20Moto%20Guzzi%20Eldorado%20Rebuild/Saddlebag%20mounted%2003_zpsx7o9ezxa.jpg)
Title: Re: Do hard bags make my but look big?
Post by: Vince in Milwaukee on June 05, 2016, 07:27:22 PM
Beautiful Eldo - paint those babies black! 
Title: Re: Do hard bags make my but look big?
Post by: Lcarlson on June 05, 2016, 07:42:47 PM
Paint 'em black, quick!
Title: Re: Do hard bags make my but look big?
Post by: giusto on June 05, 2016, 07:43:06 PM
Babies got back!...it's all about that base, bout that base, bout that base



looks great
Title: Re: Do hard bags make my but look big?
Post by: charlie b on June 05, 2016, 07:57:52 PM
Black, with pinstripes.
Title: Re: Do hard bags make my but look big?
Post by: Guzzistajohn on June 05, 2016, 08:04:33 PM
I'm diggin' it Dan, looks nice!
Title: Re: Do hard bags make my but look big?
Post by: fotoguzzi on June 05, 2016, 08:08:04 PM
those look like HD bags from the 60's.. NICE! better yet in black.
Title: Re: Do hard bags make my but look big?
Post by: Thirtyaughtsix on June 05, 2016, 08:09:51 PM
I would paint them black but that's just me, I'm very biased when it comes to the color black.

I hope that didn't sound racist or anything lol
Title: Re: Do hard bags make my but look big?
Post by: Farmer Dan on June 05, 2016, 08:11:12 PM
those look like HD bags from the 60's.. NICE! better yet in black.

Good eye!  They came from a 1973 Harley Davidson XLH Sportster.
Title: Re: Do hard bags make my but look big?
Post by: Cam3512 on June 05, 2016, 08:15:30 PM
That was you dad's bike, right?  Didn't he have same bags it white?
Title: Re: Do hard bags make my but look big?
Post by: Farmer Dan on June 05, 2016, 10:51:33 PM
That was you dad's bike, right?  Didn't he have same bags it white?
He did.  His bags came from a '72 Sportster.  Harley Davidson only made the bags in white.  With Dad's permission I will paint them black.
Title: Re: Do hard bags make my but look big?
Post by: rodekyll on June 06, 2016, 12:00:20 AM
The HD bags have always looked proper on the loops.  Maybe it's because I had a pair on an Eldo back in the day and got used to them.  But I vote for black with some striping, too.  Make it look like it all goes together.   :thumb:  I also vote that they don't make it look wide.  Those HD bags are narrow looking.  So I'll call them "slimming"
Title: Re: Do hard bags make my but look big?
Post by: tris on June 06, 2016, 12:22:49 AM
I would paint them black but that's just me, I'm very biased when it comes to the color black.

I hope that didn't sound racist or anything lol

  :1:You're not alone bikes or cars should be black  :thumb:
Title: Re: Do hard bags make my but look big?
Post by: oldbike54 on June 06, 2016, 12:30:14 AM
  :1:You're not alone bikes or cars should be black  :thumb:

 Says an Englishman , over here a black car will get so hot your skin will melt to the interior  :shocked: 

 Dan , how about a skunk theme ?

 Dusty
Title: Re: Do hard bags make my but look big?
Post by: tris on June 06, 2016, 05:21:14 AM
Says an Englishman , over here a black car will get so hot your skin will melt to the interior  :shocked: 

 Dan , how about a skunk theme ?

 Dusty

True True ... but DAMN they look (errr) cool  :cool: :cool:
Title: Re: Do hard bags make my but look big?
Post by: Farmer Dan on June 06, 2016, 12:15:36 PM

 Dan , how about a skunk theme ?

 Dusty

How about continue with the double white line from the side cover and tool box then put the MOTO GUZZI emblem in the center to match the tank?
Title: Re: Do hard bags make my but look big?
Post by: oldbike54 on June 06, 2016, 12:24:59 PM
How about continue with the double white line from the side cover and tool box then put the MOTO GUZZI emblem in the center to match the tank?

 YEAH YEAH , that'll work .

 Dusty
Title: Re: Do hard bags make my but look big?
Post by: Farmer Dan on June 07, 2016, 11:55:30 AM
Had enough time this morning to prep and paint the lids.  Just a note here, don't use a lilac tree to block the wind while you paint.  :violent1:

(http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/farmerdan/1972%20Moto%20Guzzi%20Eldorado%20Rebuild/Photo533_zpsff6rs9ye.jpg)
Title: Re: Do hard bags make my but look big?
Post by: rodekyll on June 07, 2016, 12:50:29 PM
My mom was blind and liked it when we put things under the lilac tree (or the cedar tree) to paint them.  She said the tree and bugs added 'embroidery' to the finish.  They were much more interesting to her than slick, smooth paint.
Title: Re: Do hard bags make my but look big?
Post by: guzzisteve on June 07, 2016, 04:03:55 PM
(http://thumb.ibb.co/kvFsMF/V700_7.jpg) (http://ibb.co/kvFsMF)

These were on the bike w/I bought it in 93, seem to just fit.

They pop right off w/2 clips onto mount rail & sprung clamps on bottom. Rails & guards stay on bike.
Title: Re: Do hard bags make my but look big?
Post by: Farmer Dan on June 07, 2016, 04:08:07 PM

These were on the bike w/I bought it in 93, seem to just fit.


Yep that's the same bags.  Be nice to find that chrome guard but I haven't been that lucky yet.  I think they look good on the loops.
Title: Re: Do hard bags make my but look big?
Post by: guzzisteve on June 07, 2016, 04:11:53 PM
Find an old HD dealer lost stuff in a big warehouse w/they had to build a new building.
Title: Re: Do hard bags make my but look big?
Post by: danedg on June 07, 2016, 08:29:16 PM
https://photos.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/MotoG/i-W89z4md/0/XL/DSCN9982-XL.jpg
(https://photos.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/MotoG/i-W89z4md/0/XL/DSCN9982-XL.jpg)


I dunno... they look kinda small :popcorn:
Title: Re: Do hard bags make my but look big?
Post by: guzzisteve on June 07, 2016, 08:58:33 PM
We can't all have a wide-back, but none top the fat ass 14, what a monstrosity.
Title: Re: Do hard bags make my but look big?
Post by: Farmer Dan on June 07, 2016, 10:16:11 PM

I dunno... they look kinda small :popcorn:
You got me there, those DB bags are monsters.