Wildguzzi.com

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: steven c on July 26, 2016, 08:07:50 PM

Title: T3 wire wheels on 850 Lemans
Post by: steven c on July 26, 2016, 08:07:50 PM
 So what is involved in putting a set on T3 wheels on my 77 lemans? I know the spacing is different on the front. Can I just put them on or is there more to it?
Title: Re: T3 wire wheels on 850 Lemans
Post by: guzzista on July 26, 2016, 10:39:24 PM
Rear= You will need  the  left side spacer/ disc carrier, the wheel  bearing spacer. On the drive side you can swap the spline plate, fiber disc , check image http://www.stein-dinse.biz/eliste/index.php. For the front you will need: http://hmb-guzzi.de/Front-wheel-flange-set-narrow-version-LM-1-LM-3-750-S3-etc. Also this might help for the rear:http://hmb-guzzi.de/Rear-wheel-flange-set-T3-750-S3-etc
Title: Re: T3 wire wheels on 850 Lemans
Post by: canuck750 on July 26, 2016, 10:40:33 PM
HMB sells a complete flange and axle set for the LM1 / S3 etc. I used these on my 750 S3 rebuild (my axle was all rusted and this kit is cheap), standard 859 T3 wire wheels will fit these flanges and the forks.

http://hmb-guzzi.de/Front-wheel-flange-set-narrow-version-LM-1-LM-3-750-S3-etc
Title: Re: T3 wire wheels on 850 Lemans
Post by: guzzista on July 26, 2016, 10:50:14 PM
Oh, and , as per the brake discs/ rotors, you will have to go to the shallower T/T3 front rotors, or you can use these:http://hmb-guzzi.de/Front-Brake-Disc-Kit-300-mm-floating-T3-SP-Cali-2etc or these  http://www.mgcycle.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=110_134&products_id=2652&zenid=0b80317671892a251e352209e99d67b9. For the rear , you can re-use the LM rear disc. Cheers
Title: Re: T3 wire wheels on 850 Lemans
Post by: Arizona Wayne on July 26, 2016, 10:54:57 PM
I took a rear spoked rim from a `77 Convert. and put it on my `81 CX100(LM II).  It had a spacer with it on the left brake side compared to the mag rim I took off.  I installed the CX mag rim on the same Convert.  Haven't switched front rims yet but might.  Already know the ID between the brake rotors are the same but the forks on a CX/LM II are wider than on a LM I.
Title: Re: T3 wire wheels on 850 Lemans
Post by: steven c on July 27, 2016, 06:16:11 AM
 Great info thanks. A little more involved then I thought.
Title: Re: T3 wire wheels on 850 Lemans
Post by: mtiberio on July 27, 2016, 06:47:13 AM
really not that bad, the rear goes right on, the front needs some narrowing of the bearing carriers.
Title: Re: T3 wire wheels on 850 Lemans
Post by: peake271 on October 06, 2016, 02:09:23 AM
If you don't end up putting the spoke wheels on I might be keen on buying them off you