Wildguzzi.com

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: lazlokovacs on August 25, 2016, 10:44:58 AM

Title: speedo cable olive
Post by: lazlokovacs on August 25, 2016, 10:44:58 AM
anyone got a part number for the 'olive' that holds the speedo cable inner in place?

cheers

(California vintage)
Title: Re: speedo cable olive
Post by: Antietam Classic Cycle on August 25, 2016, 11:32:09 AM
anyone got a part number for the 'olive' that holds the speedo cable inner in place?

cheers

(California vintage)

You say inner, but don't you mean the outer housing/sheath?
Title: Re: speedo cable olive
Post by: pehayes on August 25, 2016, 11:32:33 AM
I doubt you'll find that as a distinct unit part.  MGCycle shows them as a part of the cable kit.  With a sample, it should be fairly easy to duplicate on a lathe.  I may have one from a V-50 cable.  Please provide the carefully measured OD of your cable outer winding and ID of the receiver on top of the transmission.

Patrick Hayes
Fremont CA
Title: Re: speedo cable olive
Post by: Antietam Classic Cycle on August 25, 2016, 12:22:52 PM
I've used a couple of o-rings in a pinch...
Title: Re: speedo cable olive
Post by: pehayes on August 25, 2016, 05:47:06 PM
I found one from a tach cable on a V-50.  I believe it is the same piece.  This one appears steel, not brass.  But either material would work as it is just a simple pinch clamp.  Easy enough to make a copy for you.  Give me a few measurements to confirm.  Cable OD?  Receiver ID?

Patrick Hayes
Fremont CA