Wildguzzi.com

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: LaGrasta on August 25, 2016, 01:26:32 PM

Title: I want to buy your V7cc, right now.
Post by: LaGrasta on August 25, 2016, 01:26:32 PM
I rode my V7 to work again today. My coworker Sarah, whom recently got her rider's license pulled in and saw it again, walked in my office and said she wants it. I told her no, I'll never sell it. So we went on eBay, found the same model and color with only 5,300 miles and she bought it! How cool is that?
It's in SC and needs shipped to CA, but at the price she paid ($4000), it's such a deal.
Title: Re: I want to buy your V7cc, right now.
Post by: oldbike54 on August 25, 2016, 01:31:14 PM
 That's pretty cool !

 Dusty
Title: Re: I want to buy your V7cc, right now.
Post by: stevet on August 25, 2016, 01:37:26 PM
Good for her!  Tell her to show it off here when it arrives.

Outside of a Guzzi shop, there probably aren't too many places in the country that would have two independently owned Moto Guzzis in the same company parking lot.

Steve.
Title: Re: I want to buy your V7cc, right now.
Post by: Kent in Upstate NY on August 25, 2016, 02:09:05 PM
I went with Haul Bikes for shipping. It cost me 400 to ship from Cali to NY. You can't rely on a set schedule, but if you are flexible and don't mind a wait, they were very good.
Title: Re: I want to buy your V7cc, right now.
Post by: malik on August 25, 2016, 05:24:36 PM
She did good. Green one or white one?
Title: Re: I want to buy your V7cc, right now.
Post by: Perazzimx14 on August 25, 2016, 07:08:19 PM
If a female co-workers walks into my office and states "she wants it" I have a feeling my story would not end the same.
Title: Re: I want to buy your V7cc, right now.
Post by: ITSec on August 25, 2016, 07:12:01 PM
If a female co-workers walks into my office and states "she wants it" I have a feeling my story would not end the same.

It might well end in a discussion with HR!
Title: Re: I want to buy your V7cc, right now.
Post by: NC Steve on August 25, 2016, 10:57:59 PM
Haul Bikes is running an "Anywhere to Anywhere in the US" special, for $450. I sold my BMW R65 about 6 hours ago to a buyer in Seattle, and Haul Bikes is picking it up in NC next week and taking it to him, for $450. You can't come close to that price anywhere else, and I've used Haul Bikes twice in the past with excellent results. Two thumbs up  :thumb: :thumb:


ps: I just looked, and Haul Bikes has a special going for pickup or delivery in CA, NV or AZ for $400, so there's another 50 bucks for gas and beer  :boozing:
Title: Re: I want to buy your V7cc, right now.
Post by: Jurgen on August 26, 2016, 12:56:48 PM
I rode my V7 to work again today. My coworker Sarah, whom recently got her rider's license pulled in and saw it again, walked in my office and said she wants it. I told her no, I'll never sell it. So we went on eBay, found the same model and color with only 5,300 miles and she bought it! How cool is that?
It's in SC and needs shipped to CA, but at the price she paid ($4000), it's such a deal.
I think I know what a V7 is, what is a V7cc?  Jurgen
Title: Re: I want to buy your V7cc, right now.
Post by: Cam3512 on August 26, 2016, 01:32:39 PM

(http://thumb.ibb.co/jZWgyv/image.jpg) (http://ibb.co/jZWgyv)
'10


Cafe Classic.  Only made in green for one year.
Title: Re: I want to buy your V7cc, right now.
Post by: drdwb on August 26, 2016, 02:51:47 PM
That's very cool. But another option would have been you sell your bike to her for say $6500.00 buy the eBay one for $40000.00 than do a fly and ride. Ticket covered and probably most of your expenses for a week ride back to Ca. That would be a win win.
Title: Re: I want to buy your V7cc, right now.
Post by: Matteo on August 26, 2016, 03:08:34 PM
Here's one'

https://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/mcy/5745987597.html
Title: Re: I want to buy your V7cc, right now.
Post by: LaGrasta on August 26, 2016, 03:42:19 PM
great info, thanks everyone. I passed on the HaulBikes.com site and current special. The Portland ad is another surprise. I can't understand how these low milage V7s are so cheap. It must be the color, not as popular. My '10 V7cc has 17k on it and I wouldn't sell anywhere near 3 or 4k!
Title: Re: I want to buy your V7cc, right now.
Post by: Perazzimx14 on August 26, 2016, 05:05:08 PM
I'm selling my low mileage well farkled 2012 V7R for $5,600.
Title: Re: I want to buy your V7cc, right now.
Post by: m13 on August 26, 2016, 05:46:41 PM
I can't understand how these low milage V7s are so cheap. It must be the color, not as popular.
I Know,..I KNOW!!, (shameless but on topic plug) I've recently dropped my 2009 white V7C down to $3900 and not one serious customer so far. Very disheartening...Tru e,... most buyers looking for a muscle bike  or crotch rocket,..but SHEEZ! I'm thinking she got a Great deal, even if shipping extra.
Title: Re: I want to buy your V7cc, right now.
Post by: Cam3512 on August 26, 2016, 06:20:16 PM
I Know,..I KNOW!!, (shameless but on topic plug) I've recently dropped my 2009 white V7C down to $3900 and not one serious customer so far. Very disheartening...Tru e,... most buyers looking for a muscle bike  or crotch rocket,..but SHEEZ! I'm thinking she got a Great deal, even if shipping extra.

Way too many larger metal tank V7 models out ther for not much more money. 
Title: Re: I want to buy your V7cc, right now.
Post by: Matteo on August 26, 2016, 08:14:18 PM
Speaking of color, this has been on the floor in Portland for a couple of years

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/mcd/5726444173.html
Title: Re: I want to buy your V7cc, right now.
Post by: Ncdan on August 27, 2016, 08:15:26 AM
Kent, haul bikes are running a special anywhere in the nation for 450.00 how did you get the 400 quote as I just got the 450 price. I'd love to save 50 bucks:)
Title: Re: I want to buy your V7cc, right now.
Post by: m13 on August 27, 2016, 08:26:18 AM
Even at 450 it seems like a good deal to me. I just paid 350 for an east coast transport of a bike from Fla. to D.C.
Title: Re: I want to buy your V7cc, right now.
Post by: LaGrasta on August 29, 2016, 11:55:08 AM
Arrived at church yesterday morning (Saddleback Church, Pastor Rick Warren in Lake Forest, CA) and noticed a guy on a Moto Guzzi Griso. I, of course had to introduce myself. It's his first MG and absolutely loves it. We exchanged numbers, hopefully to get together at a later date.
Title: Re: I want to buy your V7cc, right now.
Post by: LaGrasta on September 16, 2016, 03:56:37 PM
Sarah received her V7 from North Carolina this week and is very pleased. She is so excited!

She is taking a long lunch this very moment from work today buying a new Shoei so she can actually try riding it.  :shocked:

She gets a new bike days ago and hasn't even ridden it once, i can't imagine it!
Title: Re: I want to buy your V7cc, right now.
Post by: malik on September 25, 2016, 04:53:18 PM
Sarah received her V7 from North Carolina this week and is very pleased. She is so excited!

She is taking a long lunch this very moment from work today buying a new Shoei so she can actually try riding it.  :shocked:

She gets a new bike days ago and hasn't even ridden it once, i can't imagine it!

I can imagine it - it looks so stunning just sitting there, and in HER garage, that she may well be tempted to milk that feeling for all she can, before going on to the next stage. She lingers, contemplates it from all sides, touches, checks it out before work, and after work, & before going to bed. Maximum thrill before any possible awkwardness of a first ride. Wants it to be an EVENT, before the possibility of it becoming merely transportation. She doesn't yet know that THAT is not going to happen, not with this bike. Even though I rode mine home 6 years ago, some 150,000 km later I'm still enthralled; still enthusiastic. It just gets better & better.
Title: Re: I want to buy your V7cc, right now.
Post by: LaGrasta on September 26, 2016, 03:59:45 PM
well said Malik.