Wildguzzi.com

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: azguzzirep on August 29, 2016, 09:20:43 AM

Title: Mandello meet n greet
Post by: azguzzirep on August 29, 2016, 09:20:43 AM
For all US lucky ones, what say you, we all meet at noon Saturday in front of the factory?  Or???

Tom
Title: Re: Mandello meet n greet
Post by: Guzzistaracing on August 29, 2016, 11:05:07 AM
Will try to. Are going on a tour of the factory
Title: Re: Mandello meet n greet
Post by: azguzzirep on August 30, 2016, 12:54:53 AM
Will try to. Are going on a tour of the factory


we can meet at the factory anytime, say Friday evening, then do dinner or drinks. Early Sat. morning say 9-10am. Noon for a group factory tour, or whatever. totally open for ideas here.

Tom
Title: Re: Mandello meet n greet
Post by: pauldaytona on August 30, 2016, 04:35:34 AM
At factory front isn't a good place because it's so crowded.  Alternative:

Corner via Emanuelle and via alessandro manzoni(Piazza della Repubblica, ), in front of Pasticceria Amerigo Di Alippi Elena E Michele Sas

https://www.google.nl/maps/place/Pasticceria+Amerigo+Di+Alippi+Elena+E+Michele+Sas/@45.9178771,9.3202486,3a,75y,170h,90t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sc4Wd2lS8dT8XKi_Mu Z21vA!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo1.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3Dc4Wd2lS8dT8XKi_MuZ21vA%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dsearch.TACTILE.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D86%26h%3D86%26yaw%3D170.66245%26pitch%3D0!7i13312!8i6656!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xbd09fc70a4090be2!8m2!3d45.9177614!4d9.320276!6m1!1e1

 
Title: Re: Mandello meet n greet
Post by: azguzzirep on August 30, 2016, 08:11:11 AM
At factory front isn't a good place because it's so crowded.  Alternative:

Corner via Emanuelle and via alessandro manzoni(Piazza della Repubblica, ), in front of Pasticceria Amerigo Di Alippi Elena E Michele Sas

https://www.google.nl/maps/place/Pasticceria+Amerigo+Di+Alippi+Elena+E+Michele+Sas/@45.9178771,9.3202486,3a,75y,170h,90t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sc4Wd2lS8dT8XKi_Mu Z21vA!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo1.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3Dc4Wd2lS8dT8XKi_MuZ21vA%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dsearch.TACTILE.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D86%26h%3D86%26yaw%3D170.66245%26pitch%3D0!7i13312!8i6656!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xbd09fc70a4090be2!8m2!3d45.9177614!4d9.320276!6m1!1e1

What time?  If I leave here at 6am on Friday, I should arrive by noon, taking a couple breaks for gas, coffee, peeing. Pretty straight shot south, only 400+km.

And, I need to find a place to camp/sleep

Tom
Title: Re: Mandello meet n greet
Post by: pauldaytona on September 01, 2016, 02:05:04 AM
On friday we start in Mulhouse, across Swiss, over Furka. No idea when we arrive. Saturday morning at 11?
Title: Re: Mandello meet n greet
Post by: azguzzirep on September 04, 2016, 08:26:50 AM
Today I scored a camping spot for the weekend!!
It's only 1km from  Mandello. Woo-hoo!😀😀
Title: Re: Mandello meet n greet
Post by: pauldaytona on September 06, 2016, 03:18:29 PM
So are we going to meet? Saturday 11am?
Title: Re: Mandello meet n greet
Post by: Kiwi_Roy on September 06, 2016, 03:38:32 PM
If you see Luigi give him a whack from me  :violent1:

Have a great time.
Title: Re: Mandello meet n greet
Post by: azguzzirep on September 08, 2016, 02:10:15 AM
So are we going to meet? Saturday 11am?

Sounds good to me! I'll do my best to get there.

I just printed out a map. not at all far from the guzzi museum!

C U there!
Title: Re: Mandello meet n greet
Post by: azguzzirep on September 08, 2016, 02:12:40 AM
If you see Luigi give him a whack from me  :violent1:

Have a great time.

You mean Riva, right?

Just texted him this morning. I got his cell number and he told me where he's camping.
Title: Re: Mandello meet n greet
Post by: simonome on September 09, 2016, 09:02:16 AM
See you in front of the pasticceria tomorrow, then
Title: Re: Mandello meet n greet
Post by: pete roper on September 10, 2016, 12:51:30 AM
We're about to head off to the factory. Hopefully we'll see you at the pasticcera at 11 ish.

Pete
Title: Re: Mandello meet n greet
Post by: Huzo on September 10, 2016, 06:58:34 PM
Today I scored a camping spot for the weekend!!
It's only 1km from  Mandello. Woo-hoo!😀😀
Camping Spaggia on the Lake ? Stayed there a few weeks ago, fantastic and not expensive, and the view !!!!! It's about a k or so from the factory.
Title: Re: Mandello meet n greet
Post by: azguzzirep on September 12, 2016, 02:46:20 AM
Yes. Stayed with friends. Crowded !

Was at the meeting point from 10:30 till 12:00. Had a table outside. Only saw Pete and Jude. Pannini  was delicious! If anyone else was there sorry I missed you.
Title: Re: Mandello meet n greet
Post by: Huzo on September 13, 2016, 12:23:29 AM
Yes. Stayed with friends. Crowded !

Was at the meeting point from 10:30 till 12:00. Had a table outside. Only saw Pete and Jude. Pannini  was delicious! If anyone else was there sorry I missed you.
Jeez mate,I can't imagine anyone who knew there was an invitation from another forum member to come and say hi at the spiritual home of Moto Guzzi, not moving heaven and earth to make the date. It's a special place for sure and glad you could meet  Pete and Jude there at least. I was there a few weeks ago on my way over to Romania from the UK,
for the Transfagarasan and all that stuff and always feel at a bit of a loss when leaving the Como/ Mandello area. I reckon if you lived there, you'd never want to move  away.