Wildguzzi.com

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: Rough Edge racing on August 30, 2016, 01:48:31 PM

Title: My dual 650 Triumph first start up
Post by: Rough Edge racing on August 30, 2016, 01:48:31 PM
 This is may latest Triumph LSR race bike...I have been building it in my shop of horrors for about 7 months... Custom frame, two full house 1956 Triumph 40's (650),about 65 HP each @7300 rpm... Harley 5 speed and clutch, home made primary drive. I also believe this is the first dual engine bike with an onboard electric start...The engines have just a few minutes running time when the video was taken an hour ago...

        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0iAE28m8UQ (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0iAE28m8UQ)
       
Title: Re: My dual 650 Triumph first start up
Post by: Xlratr on August 30, 2016, 02:03:13 PM
That is awesome (in the true meaning of the word! :-)
Well done, and I'm looking forward to see that thing fly!
Title: Re: My dual 650 Triumph first start up
Post by: Kiwi_Roy on August 30, 2016, 04:52:07 PM
It's probably a good thing I don't have a sound card in my desk computer right now  :boozing:
Title: Re: My dual 650 Triumph first start up
Post by: Mark Dasher on August 30, 2016, 06:30:34 PM
That's absolutely fantastic!  I noticed you wrote put your cam lobe centers on the timing covers - great idea!  Many moons ago i built a BSA A65 into an 845cc firebreather.  Ended up with lobe center at 104.5 deg (single cam) - ran like stink off a shovel... ;)
Title: Re: My dual 650 Triumph first start up
Post by: Chuck in Indiana on August 30, 2016, 06:42:22 PM
Attaboy. Gearhead pr0n right there.  :smiley:
Title: Re: My dual 650 Triumph first start up
Post by: radguzzi on August 30, 2016, 07:07:18 PM


Nice piece of engineering right there Rough Edge... Wow.  Being a huge Pre-Unit fan for many years, I know just how those long stroke engines produce at a good RPM range.

Excellent job.  Yeah, I wanna see it run down the stretch too...  Varooom...!
Best,
Rob

Title: Re: My dual 650 Triumph first start up
Post by: guzzista on August 30, 2016, 07:23:07 PM
That is truly badass! way to go RER!
Title: Re: My dual 650 Triumph first start up
Post by: Cal3 on August 30, 2016, 07:30:08 PM
VERY COOL :thumb:
Title: Re: My dual 650 Triumph first start up
Post by: Guzzistajohn on August 30, 2016, 07:48:42 PM
Wow! That's completely baaaad ass!
Title: Re: My dual 650 Triumph first start up
Post by: RinkRat II on August 30, 2016, 07:53:50 PM
    BITCHIN' :thumb: :bow:

   Paul B :boozing:
Title: Re: My dual 650 Triumph first start up
Post by: radguzzi on August 30, 2016, 08:25:39 PM


GeeZus, what a noise...  I cannot stop watching (listening) to that...! 

I could not help from notice the forward engine being a genny engine and the rear an alternator...  Love those Pre-Unit profiles.  What about the lumps in the Magneto holes.. are they something special er wot..? 

Sweet..!


 
Title: Re: My dual 650 Triumph first start up
Post by: lucian on August 30, 2016, 08:39:15 PM
Wow, nice work!  would love to see a dyno chart on that monster.
Title: Re: My dual 650 Triumph first start up
Post by: Rough Edge racing on August 31, 2016, 05:12:43 AM

GeeZus, what a noise...  I cannot stop watching (listening) to that...! 

I could not help from notice the forward engine being a genny engine and the rear an alternator...  Love those Pre-Unit profiles.  What about the lumps in the Magneto holes.. are they something special er wot..? 

Sweet..!



   Pazon electronic ignition magneto conversions.... I probably have 1000 hours of shop time into the bike...My rider has paid 90 percent of the parts cost...A few thousand more than a new big bore Guzzi...
 
Title: Re: My dual 650 Triumph first start up
Post by: arveno on August 31, 2016, 06:52:23 AM
 :bow:


more.... more...   :popcorn:
Title: Re: My dual 650 Triumph first start up
Post by: Petrus Rocks on August 31, 2016, 08:01:52 AM
I got to see it run in person yesterday.  Truly, truly impressive :thumb:
Tony's goal was to create this beast by himself in the garage. 
I've watched it grow and now take it's first rumbling thumpy steps

(http://thumb.ibb.co/mnB0Qa/tonys_dbl_2.jpg) (http://ibb.co/mnB0Qa)
Title: Re: My dual 650 Triumph first start up
Post by: Groover on August 31, 2016, 08:16:03 AM
Awesome project. Can't wait to see more of it!
Title: Re: My dual 650 Triumph first start up
Post by: balvenie on August 31, 2016, 06:48:49 PM
:bow:


more.... more...   :popcorn:

Ditto