Wildguzzi.com

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: Guzzidad on September 03, 2016, 09:34:13 PM

Title: New to me 2012 Norge
Post by: Guzzidad on September 03, 2016, 09:34:13 PM
   I recently bought a 2012 Norge with the factory roller tappets. 27K miles. I recently rode it from Tampa to the campout in Suches GA. What an awesome bike. It didn't take long to gain confidence in it's cornering capabilities. Original owner installed Matris suspension. I never pushed it hard but I frequently had to slow down to wait for my friend on his FJR.
   Today I had a chance to take my 01 EV out for a ride. 107K miles. I had thoughts of selling it since the EV and the Norge both fill the touring/sport touring category. But it didn't take long to change my mind. I'm keeping both of them. They are so different but also very much alike. The EV is 20th century and the Norge is 21st century. They both feel great.
Title: Re: New to me 2012 Norge
Post by: oldbike54 on September 03, 2016, 09:43:10 PM
 Some rational thinking there Dad  :thumb:

 Dusty
Title: Re: New to me 2012 Norge
Post by: guzzisteve on September 03, 2016, 09:53:40 PM
Now you need one from the 19th mark -- analog----- points & carb and still no teets on the side of the tires.
Roll them over and give em the gas.
Title: Re: New to me 2012 Norge
Post by: beetle on September 04, 2016, 02:49:30 AM
If a bike makes you grin, keep it!  :thumb: :grin:
Title: Re: New to me 2012 Norge
Post by: Markcarovilli on September 04, 2016, 12:49:18 PM
If a bike makes you grin, keep it!  :thumb: :grin:

 :1:
Yes yes indeed.....

Mark
Title: Re: New to me 2012 Norge
Post by: Guzzidad on September 04, 2016, 08:28:39 PM
      Steve, exactly why I've kept my 1100 Sport. Carb model and there ain't no chicken strips on those tires. When I re-retire I need to get that bike back on the road.
                           Steve
Title: Re: New to me 2012 Norge
Post by: Bill N on September 05, 2016, 04:33:31 PM
Steve,
Nice jab at me on the FJR, but true. LOL!
 Me on the FJR can't stay with a good rider on a Guzzi in the twisties. I do much better on my 98 EV. Your white Norge is a thing of beauty and I think the best touring bike Guzzi has ever produced. EV comes in not too far behind.
Bill
HD&M 98 EV
Title: Re: New to me 2012 Norge
Post by: twowings on September 05, 2016, 06:16:43 PM
Now that you are a Norge owner, you KNOW...enjoy one of Guzzi's best!  :thumb:
Title: Re: New to me 2012 Norge
Post by: Waltr on September 05, 2016, 06:38:33 PM
  I am glad you are enjoying it, good to know it went to someone who rides.
Be safe.
Walt