Wildguzzi.com

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: dave1068 on September 04, 2016, 08:48:18 PM

Title: Any Roamer owners over 6ft tall?
Post by: dave1068 on September 04, 2016, 08:48:18 PM
Would like to stay with the MG line and saw the Roamer at my dealer, looks good, felt pretty comfortable for my 6'2 frame. For those who are tall and have the Roamer, what are your thoughts? I still have my 2009 Stelvio but looking to downsize.

Thanks
-Dave
Title: Re: Any Roamer owners over 6ft tall?
Post by: bad Chad on September 04, 2016, 09:08:54 PM
Just met a guy at our local Guzzi breakfast with a Roamer.  I would say he was 6'1" or two, I'm 6'6" so I'm pretty good at figuring height.

He was loving it, but he only had a few hundred miles on it.
Title: Re: Any Roamer owners over 6ft tall?
Post by: dave1068 on September 05, 2016, 07:18:53 AM
Thanks for the info, good to know. I may see if I can test ride one
Title: Re: Any Roamer owners over 6ft tall?
Post by: Zoom Zoom on September 05, 2016, 07:44:17 AM
Being that your inseam is more the factor, I an 6' with a 32" inseam. I recently rode a Roamer and found it more comfortable than I expected. There was plenty of knee room behind the cylinders too. Nice power as well.

John Henry
Title: Re: Any Roamer owners over 6ft tall?
Post by: dave1068 on September 05, 2016, 08:41:15 AM
Thanks for that info, I sat on one and was surprised that my 34'' legs had room. Seems that the footpeg placement and the forwardness of the heads, made for ample leg room. The only thing I noticed was the seat might be kind of short for carrying a passenger.

I wished they would have a moto guzzi on the tank instead of just the eagle. Oh well, change comes slow to MG
Title: Re: Any Roamer owners over 6ft tall?
Post by: fossil on September 05, 2016, 12:12:14 PM
There will be a new driver's seat and a new passenger seat for the Roamer: http://v9.motoguzzi.com/en/ . At page 18 or so.
Title: Re: Any Roamer owners over 6ft tall?
Post by: Stephen on September 05, 2016, 03:08:31 PM
I'm6ft, 32 inseam.
Test road almost an hour.
Surprisingly comfortable, the leg room was very nice.
Jumped back on my Aluminum and felt like someone moved my pegs up.
Title: Re: Any Roamer owners over 6ft tall?
Post by: dave1068 on September 05, 2016, 04:59:14 PM
Good to know Steve, I think that 30" seat height is deceiving on paper. Must have a longer seat to peg ratio with the heads more forward. Too bad it looks a bit like a Sporster
Title: Re: Any Roamer owners over 6ft tall?
Post by: Pisano on September 05, 2016, 09:20:19 PM
With the pegs more forward , is it possible to stand on them while riding?  I haven't had a chance to ride one yet but it would be great to know....thanks