Wildguzzi.com
General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: ritratto on October 20, 2016, 10:41:15 AM
-
Can I fit a 15mm Brembo master cylinder (later square style) to a single F08 caliper up front. i.e. Linked brake style setup?
-
If its only driving one caliper it'll feel and be as effective as squeezing a brick between your thumb and forefinger.
-
Meaning.... Not a good idea?
I am wanting to put LeMans I sryle handlebars on a G5 ( Lemans tank etc. too) and there is not enough room for the master, on/off switch and Tommaselli throttle. And essentially the same on the other side with clutch and switch gear.
-
pics added
(http://thumb.ibb.co/hvB4La/image.jpg) (http://ibb.co/hvB4La)
(http://thumb.ibb.co/i5P26F/image.jpg) (http://ibb.co/i5P26F)
-
If its only driving one caliper it'll feel and be as effective as squeezing a brick between your thumb and forefinger.
[/quote
Let's reiterate here , pictures won't make this work out any better , correct Pete ? :laugh:
Dusty
-
Ok Dusty.... Guess you like punctuating other peoples sentences, but I am still faced with the same problem. How do I make these bars and other said equipment fit?
-
Ok Dusty.... Guess you like punctuating other peoples sentences, but I am still faced with the same problem. How do I make these bars and other said equipment fit?
Sorry , wasn't meant to be all that snarky . However , now you are asking a different question .
Dusty
-
Sub sentance of same catagory.
-
You need a 13 mm (or 1/2") master cylinder. It's doesn't have to be Brembo, lots of them on eBay for about 1/2 the cost of Brembo.
-
Thanks Charlie..... Will look there. Are there then matching clutch lever setups too?
The one recommended on MGs site is a 12mm ... Same dif?
-
Thanks Charlie..... Will look there. Are there then matching clutch lever setups too?
The one recommended on MGs site is a 12mm ... Same dif?
Are you going with a hydraulic clutch or just looking for a (cable) lever assy. that matches? If you're not going hydraulic then something like this perhaps?
(http://www.mgcycle.com/images/atrex/30605560.jpg)
Brembo's "13 mm" is actually 12.65 mm, sometimes referred to as 12 mm, so probably the same.
-
Sorry , wasn't meant to be all that snarky . However , now you are asking a different question .
Dusty
No Dusty, that was the original question.
-
Where did you find? Come in black?
-
Where did you find? Come in black?
MG Cycle. There's one in all black, but it has a choke lever on top:
http://www.mgcycle.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=38&products_id=969
(http://www.mgcycle.com/images/atrex/27605515.jpg)
-
Old chart for brake cylinder ratios: http://www.vintagebrake.com/mastercylinder.htm
-
Thanks Charlie and everyone else. I think i have it figured out now.