Wildguzzi.com
General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: alanp on October 20, 2016, 04:28:43 PM
-
Time for me to up my knowledge on the v7's. This has probably been answered but, my main questions are:
When did they start using the single throttle body?
When did they start using a metal tank?
What other key differences are there between model years?
Thanks!
-
Time for me to up my knowledge on the v7's. This has probably been answered but, my main questions are:
When did they start using the single throttle body?
When did they start using a metal tank?
What other key differences are there between model years?
Thanks!
1. 2013
2. 2012
3. Redesigned motor.
-
Off the top of my head and for US/North America
V7C / CC / Racer through 11 - plastic tank, dual throttle body
V7C /Racer 12 - metal tank, dual throttle body
V7 Stone/Special/Racer 13-14 metal tank, 1TB
V7 Stone/Special/Racer 15 - metal tank, 1TB, wet alternator
V7II Stone/Special/Racer 16+
ABS/TC debuted on the V7II
-
Thanks!
So I gather the MAJOR difference in the later model II's is ABS vs. a 2013?
I am looking at the black 2013 that is for sale in the classifieds in Baltimore. A lot of interesting upgrades and a lot of $. Anyone know anything about this particular bike. The seller was not a member here, and joined to post his ad.
-
Oh crap, I left one out, the V7II got a close ratio 6-spd. Reports are favorable.
I don't know anything about the Baltimore bike, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy another 2013. Mine is one of my all time favorites and it's been a great bike!
-
My 2013 V7 Stone has two TB's. I think I have one of the early ones. The VIN plate on the front shows 1-2013 in the top box and my VIN ends with ......12012. Maybe mine will become one of those highly valued, exceptionally rare antiques in 20 years. :popcorn:
I am very happy with mine but I just bought it about a month ago with ~400 miles on the clock. I now have over 1,600 miles on it. The only issue I've had is an oil leak from a poorly made factory connection in the oil return line between the airbox and crankcase...fixed it with $2 worth of hose clamps and 15 minutes of my own labor. Sid has the same bike and had the same issue. There is a post on here (by me) somewhere with pictures of the repair process and a link to Sid's original thread on the subject.
-
No way dog.
Something is amiss there.
No V7 Stone ever had a dual throttle body.
Even in the EU the 2012 Stone had 1 throttle body.
Perhaps you're confusing throttle bodies and injectors?
Your VIN info is confusing, the last 6 digits of a VIN are sequential. The model year is character 10 IIRC.
Anyway, post a pic and all should be clear.
-
Hmm...could be. My last bike was carb'ed and chained. Here are some pics:
(http://thumb.ibb.co/ij310a/IMG_20161015_113731995_HDR.jpg) (http://ibb.co/ij310a)
(http://thumb.ibb.co/n7A3Dv/IMG_20161020_210825465.jpg) (http://ibb.co/n7A3Dv)
(http://thumb.ibb.co/bxdZLa/IMG_20161020_210907773.jpg) (http://ibb.co/bxdZLa)
(http://thumb.ibb.co/d1sGYv/IMG_20161020_211404210.jpg) (http://ibb.co/d1sGYv)
Powered
by
Imgbb (http://imgbb.com/)
-
Exactly the info I was looking for. You guys are awesome, thanks!
-
When was the change in transmission oil capacity spec changed from 1 liter to 1/2 liter ?
Dusty
-
You're not going to stop until you've owned at least one of every model that Guzzi ever built, are you Alan!!
-
Dog, nice bike. Clearly a 1TB Stone both from the valve covers (which differed from the 2TB motors) and from the clear picture of the intake manifold, fuel injector, and black air plenum that runs from the single throttle body to the manifolds and injectors on each side (cylinder).
Dusty, I believe that was with the V7II with the change from the 5- to 6-spd.
-
You're not going to stop until you've owned at least one of every model that Guzzi ever built, are you Alan!!
Mike,
That would seem to be the unstated plan. Don't tell my wife. The V7 has been nagging me ever since I test rode one when we had theColorado National in Salida.
-
Thanks Kev m. One goal I have for this winter is to spend some quality time just looking at my bike, laptop in hand, and figuring out the terms and functions of these new-age fangled shaft drive, EFI, nearly automatic shift, darn motorcycles. This 2013 machine doesn't even smoke, wheeze, or eat spark plugs when waking up in the morning. Almost too easy.
Next thing you know they'll add ABS and air bags!
....oh, wait, they already did! Aaarrrggghhh!
-
Here are a few MINOR differences between the '13-16 and '16+ (USA year designations) 1TB V7's:
Beginning with the '16, the Stone model doesn't have those spiffy chrome passenger grab rails. I guess this means that the passenger has nothing but the rider to hold onto.
Beginning with the '16, the routing of the blow-by hoses is different. The earlier 1TB models had two hoses, one from each valve cover, going down to the air box, and two oil drain hoses, going from the air box, joining at a Y connecter, and then to a one-way valve and on to the crankcase. Beginning with the '16, the hoses from the valve covers join at the top frame tube, under the fuel tank, only one hose goes down to the air box, and only one hose goes from the air box, to the one-way valve, and on to the crankcase.
Beginning with the '16, the evaporative emission plumbing is slightly different. Earlier models had the carbon canister mounted below the gearbox, and the recovery hose led to a port on the underside of the split rubber duct that connects the TB to the engine intakes. Beginning with the '16, the canister is placed under the fuel tank and the recovery hose port is on the upper side of the split duct.
Beginning with the '16 models, the front frame does not have a cross plate onto which an OEM crash bar could be attached on the earlier versions. Therefore, if you want to install such a crash bar (they're actually made by Agostini) on the '16 models, you have to use an adapter plate that is sold with the kit from Agostini. The plate goes under the voltage regulator and is a bitch to install, but it can be done.
-
I have this f/s sale of you are interested. Located in Chambersburg PA.
(http://thumb.ibb.co/nOjumF/100_0386.jpg) (http://ibb.co/nOjumF)
-
Thanks Kev m. One goal I have for this winter is to spend some quality time just looking at my bike, laptop in hand, and figuring out the terms and functions of these new-age fangled shaft drive, EFI, nearly automatic shift, darn motorcycles. This 2013 machine doesn't even smoke, wheeze, or eat spark plugs when waking up in the morning. Almost too easy.
Next thing you know they'll add ABS and air bags!
....oh, wait, they already did! Aaarrrggghhh!
I suspect the more you look at it the more you'll recognize.