Wildguzzi.com

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: willowstreetguzziguy on November 16, 2016, 03:48:45 PM

Title: Guzziology Question
Post by: willowstreetguzziguy on November 16, 2016, 03:48:45 PM
Wo

Does the current Guzziology cover my 2008 1200 Sport? Not being familiar with the manual, it sounds great. What types of things would it cover for my model, being similar to the early Norge?
Title: Re: Guzziology Question
Post by: sib on November 16, 2016, 05:23:40 PM
Can't say whether it will cover your 2008 bike, but in general Guzziology is hopelessly out of date.  I don't blame the author, he's been working on Guzzis forever and he's probably slowed down a bit on keeping this book up to date.  There's virtually nothing in the book about the 1-TB small blocks which have been around since 2011 or 2012, and of course nothing about the newer 6-sp gearbox models which have been out for a couple of years.  I consider Guzziology to be archival, it makes great bedtime reading and I'm sure it's very valuable for restorers of older models.  Just my $0.02 worth.
Title: Re: Guzziology Question
Post by: Arizona Wayne on November 16, 2016, 09:21:54 PM
Dave Richardson(Guzziology author) also runs the Seattle, Wa. MG dealership.  Why don't you ask him?  :wink:
Title: Re: Guzziology Question
Post by: Mr Revhead on November 17, 2016, 03:35:43 AM
I certainly wouldn't call it archival. I mean if you only have new bikes then sure. But there is a awful lot of pre 2010 bikes out there that will be around for a long time!
It's just a pity is prohibitively expensive to buy here. They will send me one, but the freight bill is the same as the price of the book. Which makes it freaking dear here in NZ :(