Wildguzzi.com

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: pehayes on November 17, 2016, 07:06:42 PM

Title: El Paso Rescue
Post by: pehayes on November 17, 2016, 07:06:42 PM
I've been hosting an adventure riding couple from Tasmania off and on for several years.  They were here near San Francisco once again in September.  Got to central Mexico on their 650 Suzuki V-Strom and the charging system failed.  No parts in Mexico.  They are now limping back toward the US on 'dead loss' electrics.  Heading to a mutual friend in Silver City NM.  They will cross the border at El Paso.

Do we have anyone near El Paso that could host them a night or two and help them install the repair parts? Alternator parts will be coming from me.  Might save them excess return mileage and allow them to get back to the southbound tour a  little quicker.

Patrick Hayes
Fremont CA
Title: Re: El Paso Rescue
Post by: Rich A on November 17, 2016, 07:37:30 PM
I'm up in Santa Fe, willing to help in any way I can.

Rich A
Title: Re: El Paso Rescue
Post by: boeing737driver on November 19, 2016, 09:13:17 AM
I'm in Las Cruces, NM and have a well equipped shop.  I'm ready to help, but headed out of town next Saturday the 26th.

Bruce