Wildguzzi.com

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: JesterGrin_1 on December 07, 2016, 04:50:56 PM

Title: Faded Tekno Bags. How to restore them?
Post by: JesterGrin_1 on December 07, 2016, 04:50:56 PM
 I have some Tekno bags on the way for my V11 LeMans and was wondering if there is a good way to restore them to there former looks?

 I have heard spray can paint?


 Thank You. :)
Title: Re: Faded Tekno Bags. How to restore them?
Post by: giusto on December 07, 2016, 08:13:03 PM
need more information

photos?....you end use...color?
Title: Re: Faded Tekno Bags. How to restore them?
Post by: JesterGrin_1 on December 08, 2016, 02:50:25 AM
 Saddle Bags. I believe originally they were black.
Title: Re: Faded Tekno Bags. How to restore them?
Post by: pete roper on December 08, 2016, 04:14:46 AM
I have a set, yes, they fade a bit, (Shrug?) they're older than dirt! I worry more about the zips going. Perhaps you could dye them? I'm clueless on this really, sorry.

Pete
Title: Re: Faded Tekno Bags. How to restore them?
Post by: organfixsing on December 08, 2016, 05:03:02 AM
If they are leather, Raven oil for black bags (in Australia) is a leather dye which worc=ks with a couple of applications.

Cheers
Brian :grin:
Title: Re: Faded Tekno Bags. How to restore them?
Post by: Sheepdog on December 08, 2016, 10:10:19 AM
Nikwax works well. Even the neutral color spruces up worn and faded textiles. There was a black and a brown version available in the past that I used with much success on an old pair of Trailmaster pants. Nikwax is great stuff and they have a large online catalog...
Title: Re: Faded Tekno Bags. How to restore them?
Post by: Tom on December 08, 2016, 10:15:40 PM
I have the same faded bags.  I bought some Lincoln spray dressing in black for leather dyeing.  Eastwood has some spray dye for vinyl.
Title: Re: Faded Tekno Bags. How to restore them?
Post by: Waltr on December 09, 2016, 03:44:25 PM
Really?
Title: Re: Faded Tekno Bags. How to restore them?
Post by: Tom on December 10, 2016, 12:07:08 AM
Why not?
Title: Re: Faded Tekno Bags. How to restore them?
Post by: Arizona Wayne on December 10, 2016, 06:35:26 PM
Faded fabrics show you're not a daytripper or weekend warrior.   Those are your colors, man!  Be proud of them.  Nothing wrong with patina.  :bow:
Title: Re: Faded Tekno Bags. How to restore them?
Post by: Wayne Orwig on December 10, 2016, 08:00:54 PM
There is the problem that the black blocks UV. As it fades, there is less UV protection, so the material will rot from sunlight much quicker if faded.

I had a set of "Bagman" cloth bags years ago that faded badly. I used simple cloth dye on them, using a strong mixture. I used a clothing marker to recolor the stitched in logo.

I hear there is spray made for car cloth seats. That might work. May not be waterproof though.