Wildguzzi.com

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: Park Ridge Phil on February 13, 2017, 07:53:56 AM

Title: Batteries
Post by: Park Ridge Phil on February 13, 2017, 07:53:56 AM
 Anyone ever use Deka batteries?  I currently have a Westco which has been great for several years.  The Deka is about $50 less. Would like to go back to the Westco for its reliability  but might be considering the Deka. It's also a made in the USA  battery. 😎
Title: Re: Batteries
Post by: Antietam Classic Cycle on February 13, 2017, 08:16:09 AM
I've bought lots of them for my own and customer's bikes. Not always labeled as a Deka, most often I buy them labeled as "Marathon" or "Big Crank" from Battery Mart. Never had a bad one, I have yet to hear anything from a customer about any problems either. I'll be buying a Big Crank ETX30L for my Convert project soon.
Title: Re: Batteries
Post by: Park Ridge Phil on February 13, 2017, 08:23:37 AM
 Cool, thanks👍
Title: Re: Batteries
Post by: Charles in Lake Charles on February 13, 2017, 08:42:50 AM
I've used Deka for a number of years and have had good results.

Lately I've tried Sigmas Tek from BatteryShark http://stores.ebay.com/BatterySharks-Store/Powersports-Batteries-/_i.html?_fsub=6939166015&_sid=39805935&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322 (http://stores.ebay.com/BatterySharks-Store/Powersports-Batteries-/_i.html?_fsub=6939166015&_sid=39805935&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322)and they seem to work fine and are considerably cheaper (Guzzi Content). http://www.batterysharks.com/Motorcycle-Batteries-s/439.htm (http://www.batterysharks.com/Motorcycle-Batteries-s/439.htm)
Title: Re: Batteries
Post by: Roebling3 on February 13, 2017, 08:49:35 AM
+1 Deka Batteries.  R3~ 
Title: Re: Batteries
Post by: Dilliw on February 13, 2017, 08:55:39 AM
Deka is one of the many trade names for East Penn Mfg. and when it's time to change a battery that's what I use.  For my car I just bought a Duracell from Sam's.

Title: Re: Batteries
Post by: Nick on February 13, 2017, 09:30:09 AM
Anyone ever use Deka batteries?  I currently have a Westco which has been great for several years.  The Deka is about $50 less. Would like to go back to the Westco for its reliability  but might be considering the Deka. It's also a made in the USA  battery. 😎
I have one on my EV, so far so good  :thumb:
Title: Re: Batteries
Post by: Madtownguzzi on February 13, 2017, 06:39:54 PM
I have the Duration AGM made by Deka available at any Farm and Fleet store in the Midwest in my EV. It has been going strong for two years. https://www.farmandfleet.com/products/g--1523-duration-agm-powersport-battery.html
Title: Re: Batteries
Post by: ChuckH on February 14, 2017, 04:42:28 AM
Deka is one of the many trade names for East Penn Mfg. and when it's time to change a battery that's what I use.  For my car I just bought a Duracell from Sam's. 

I just put a Duracell AGM in my Beemer, bought it at the local "Batteries Plus Bulbs" store.  Changed out a Westco that was going bad.