Wildguzzi.com

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: roadscum on June 04, 2017, 02:15:52 PM

Title: Fly drive, purchase in the NE....
Post by: roadscum on June 04, 2017, 02:15:52 PM
....  and ride back home to Florida on a new V7, what dealer would you recommend? Also what would be the closest major airport I could fly into. Anywhere between Virginia and Maine could  work.  :popcorn:

Paul
Title: Re: Fly drive, purchase in the NE....
Post by: spmoto on June 04, 2017, 04:06:04 PM
I highly recommend Seacoast Sport Cycle in Derry, New Hampshire. Fly into Manchester, NH. They might even pick you up at the airport.
I've purchased a couple of bikes there and they treated me very well. Be sure to ride some of the roads through the White Mountains while you're up there.
Steve
Title: Re: Fly drive, purchase in the NE....
Post by: lucian on June 04, 2017, 04:57:21 PM
I would second the Seacoast Sport Cycle vote,,top notch bunch and always a great selection of  guzzi's on hand. Good luck on your mission.
Title: Re: Fly drive, purchase in the NE....
Post by: Dean Rose on June 04, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
http://www.motorichmond.com/motorcycles?gclid=CjwKEAjw387JBRDPtJePvOej8kASJADkV9TL1AbXJoGuT76a6q3pdZE8WTtescwmjPZ5PngZ2Ud6UBoCHELw_wcB
Title: Re: Fly drive, purchase in the NE....
Post by: kingoffleece on June 04, 2017, 08:49:51 PM
Hamlin in Danbury, CT
Title: Re: Fly drive, purchase in the NE....
Post by: elvisboy77 on June 04, 2017, 08:55:07 PM
I second the vote for Moto Richmond. I have purchased three bikes from them, all very good transactions. They are great folks, and are pretty darn close to some great riding roads.
Title: Re: Fly drive, purchase in the NE....
Post by: Lcarlson on June 04, 2017, 10:16:36 PM
Hamlin in Danbury, CT

Actually Bethel CT:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Hamlin%20Cycles%20Bethel%20Connecticut
Title: Re: Fly drive, purchase in the NE....
Post by: kingoffleece on June 05, 2017, 06:55:40 AM
I know.  I was just there (again) last week and then Jim and I took off for a few days in VT.
He'd find it if he needed to but the link helps.  I was just lazy!
Title: Re: Fly drive, purchase in the NE....
Post by: roadscum on June 05, 2017, 10:18:06 AM
Thanks  for you input guys, looks like Hamlin would be a good choice. I could  fly into Newark. rent a car, go N. on  the NY thruway to RT 84 to Danbury then Hamlin's.  Before Moving to Florida 14 years ago I live in the Hudson Valley(Rhinebeck/Woodstock area) and spent many Sunday mornings at Marcus Dairy. Is the dairy still there?

I'll be with my girl friend, a new rider with only a few thousand miles behind bars, and hope we can find another bike for here in the Danbury area. For this trip I hope to get as far north as Stowe Vt. then turn south and wander to the Rhinebeck area for a few days. She'll  enjoy the Skyline Drive/Blue Ridge Parkway, then a brief visit with friends in  Sylva NC, visit Wheels Through Time in Maggie Valley, then to Suches  Ga. before returning home to SW Fl.

Paul
Title: Re: Fly drive, purchase in the NE....
Post by: Kev m on June 05, 2017, 10:24:52 AM
A couple of the guys here in NJ rave about Hamlins. It's a good choice.

Title: Re: Fly drive, purchase in the NE....
Post by: pyoungbl on June 05, 2017, 10:36:10 AM
Paul, I was in the Richmond (VA) store last week.  They seemed to have one of every style/color of V7 III, maybe some V7 IIs too.  It's a reasonable cab ride from the Richmond airport to downtown.  Oh, don't miss the brew-pub one block from the Guzzi shop.  Although Richmond is right on I95 there are some wonderful options that keep you off the slab while still heading south.  Go a bit west and hop on the BRP to Asheville, then wander over to North Georgia...now, that would be a fun trip.

Oh, plan to use some kind of seat cushion (Airhawk?) for your trip.  I could only last about 100 miles on the stock seat.

Peter Y.
Title: Re: Fly drive, purchase in the NE....
Post by: Tony/CT on June 05, 2017, 10:40:20 AM
Marcus Dairy is gone, but a few riders sill gather at the location at Panera's!
Title: Re: Fly drive, purchase in the NE....
Post by: roadscum on June 06, 2017, 09:45:13 AM
Paul, I was in the Richmond (VA) store last week.  They seemed to have one of every style/color of V7 III, maybe some V7 IIs too.  It's a reasonable cab ride from the Richmond airport to downtown.  Oh, don't miss the brew-pub one block from the Guzzi shop.  Although Richmond is right on I95 there are some wonderful options that keep you off the slab while still heading south.  Go a bit west and hop on the BRP to Asheville, then wander over to North Georgia...now, that would be a fun trip.

Oh, plan to use some kind of seat cushion (Airhawk?) for your trip.  I could only last about 100 miles on the stock seat.

Peter Y.

Thanks Peter. Richmond might be a good option for the 1st service and a brew on my way south.  :boozing:

Paul
Title: Re: Fly drive, purchase in the NE....
Post by: Chuck in Indiana on June 06, 2017, 10:06:20 AM
Thanks  for you input guys, looks like Hamlin would be a good choice. I could  fly into Newark. rent a car, go N. on  the NY thruway to RT 84 to Danbury then Hamlin's.  Before Moving to Florida 14 years ago I live in the Hudson Valley(Rhinebeck/Woodstock area) and spent many Sunday mornings at Marcus Dairy. Is the dairy still there?

I'll be with my girl friend, a new rider with only a few thousand miles behind bars, and hope we can find another bike for here in the Danbury area. For this trip I hope to get as far north as Stowe Vt. then turn south and wander to the Rhinebeck area for a few days. She'll  enjoy the Skyline Drive/Blue Ridge Parkway, then a brief visit with friends in  Sylva NC, visit Wheels Through Time in Maggie Valley, then to Suches  Ga. before returning home to SW Fl.

Great trip..  :thumb:

Paul
Title: Re: Fly drive, purchase in the NE....
Post by: vintagehoarder on June 06, 2017, 01:41:14 PM
Cadre Cycle Moto Guzzi of Cincinnati  Guzzi Enthusiast as well, Greater Cincinnati Airport.
https://cadrecycle.com/ (https://cadrecycle.com/)
Title: Re: Fly drive, purchase in the NE....
Post by: gerryp on June 06, 2017, 02:21:23 PM
Hamlin in Danbury, CT

+ 1.
Title: Re: Fly drive, purchase in the NE....
Post by: nyITguy on June 06, 2017, 04:39:21 PM
Thanks  for you input guys, looks like Hamlin would be a good choice. I could  fly into Newark. rent a car, go N. on  the NY thruway to RT 84 to Danbury then Hamlin's.  Before Moving to Florida 14 years ago I live in the Hudson Valley(Rhinebeck/Woodstock area) and spent many Sunday mornings at Marcus Dairy. Is the dairy still there?

Three other closer, or at least easier, airports to consider would be Stewart (Newburgh), Westchester, or Hartford. Heck, even Danbury has a little airport, but you'd either need to rent a plane or know someone who could taxi you, which would be pretty sweet.

Greg
Title: Re: Fly drive, purchase in the NE....
Post by: JJ on June 06, 2017, 04:51:56 PM
Thanks  for you input guys, looks like Hamlin would be a good choice. I could  fly into Newark. rent a car, go N. on  the NY thruway to RT 84 to Danbury then Hamlin's.  Before Moving to Florida 14 years ago I live in the Hudson Valley(Rhinebeck/Woodstock area) and spent many Sunday mornings at Marcus Dairy. Is the dairy still there?

I'll be with my girl friend, a new rider with only a few thousand miles behind bars, and hope we can find another bike for here in the Danbury area. For this trip I hope to get as far north as Stowe Vt. then turn south and wander to the Rhinebeck area for a few days. She'll  enjoy the Skyline Drive/Blue Ridge Parkway, then a brief visit with friends in  Sylva NC, visit Wheels Through Time in Maggie Valley, then to Suches  Ga. before returning home to SW Fl.

Paul

I was born / raised / grew up in the Hudson Valley (Poughkeepsie / Red Hook / Rhinebeck).  Marcus Dairy was a very cool destination to ride on any given Sunday...but that has been gone now for many years.  Last time I was there on a motorcycle was 1982....


(http://thumb.ibb.co/bAvDLv/Screen_Shot_2017_06_06_at_2_52_38_PM.png) (http://ibb.co/bAvDLv)

(http://thumb.ibb.co/kBpvYF/Screen_Shot_2017_06_06_at_2_52_49_PM.png) (http://ibb.co/kBpvYF)

(http://thumb.ibb.co/cUcSfv/Screen_Shot_2017_06_06_at_2_53_20_PM.png) (http://ibb.co/cUcSfv)

(http://thumb.ibb.co/bxoB7a/Screen_Shot_2017_06_06_at_2_53_51_PM.png) (http://ibb.co/bxoB7a)
Title: Re: Fly drive, purchase in the NE....
Post by: Kev m on June 06, 2017, 06:41:04 PM
Thanks  for you input guys, looks like Hamlin would be a good choice. I could  fly into Newark. rent a car, go N. on  the NY thruway to RT 84 to Danbury then Hamlin's.  Before Moving to Florida 14 years ago I live in the Hudson Valley(Rhinebeck/Woodstock area) and spent many Sunday mornings at Marcus Dairy. Is the dairy still there?

I'll be with my girl friend, a new rider with only a few thousand miles behind bars, and hope we can find another bike for here in the Danbury area.


http://www.wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=90600.0


Boom!

Ok it's about an hour away but still...
Title: Re: Fly drive, purchase in the NE....
Post by: gerryp on June 06, 2017, 07:24:48 PM
Thanks  for you input guys, looks like Hamlin would be a good choice. I could  fly into Newark. rent a car, go N. on  the NY thruway to RT 84 to Danbury then Hamlin's.  Before Moving to Florida 14 years ago I live in the Hudson Valley(Rhinebeck/Woodstock area) and spent many Sunday mornings at Marcus Dairy. Is the dairy still there?

I'll be with my girl friend, a new rider with only a few thousand miles behind bars, and hope we can find another bike for here in the Danbury area. For this trip I hope to get as far north as Stowe Vt. then turn south and wander to the Rhinebeck area for a few days. She'll  enjoy the Skyline Drive/Blue Ridge Parkway, then a brief visit with friends in  Sylva NC, visit Wheels Through Time in Maggie Valley, then to Suches  Ga. before returning home to SW Fl.

Paul


Paul,

If you decide to contact Jim just mention that you're familiar with KingOfFleece (Jim Moribito) and GerryP from the WildGuzzi forum.  Both of our V7's and Jim's Norge came from his shop.

Jim will be at Americade later this week.  One staff member is there now and will be manning the Guzzi booth.

Let me know if you plan to stop by the shop and if I'm free I'll try and stop by and say hello.

Regards,

Gerry

www.hamlincycles.co m

also on facebook