Wildguzzi.com

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: Gliderjohn on December 27, 2017, 12:00:26 PM

Title: Interesting pricing from a 1947 Stoeger Arms catalog.
Post by: Gliderjohn on December 27, 2017, 12:00:26 PM
I was looking through a 1947 catalog and found this kind of interesting. In 1977 I bought a new Marlin 39A with a new Weaver K-4 and a Bianchi sling. Traded a plain barrel Rem. 870 and $90 at the time. In the 1947 catalog the 39A was  priced at $50.45. On the other hand the Weaver K-4 was priced at $52.50 and a Unertl 4X was priced at $40 with mounts and bases.
i sure don't remember that K-4 costing anywhere near the 39A in 1977 and more than an Unertl? Also in that catalog were "grade I" German Lugers described as like new condition  for $75 and P-38s were $35.
GliderJohn
Title: Re: Interesting pricing from a 1947 Stoeger Arms catalog.
Post by: John A on December 27, 2017, 12:25:54 PM
those colts sure are nice shooting pistols, I paid a little more for mine :shocked:
Title: Re: Interesting pricing from a 1947 Stoeger Arms catalog.
Post by: motormike131 on December 27, 2017, 02:45:09 PM
  I stop'd at a buddies.. show'd him my Rock Island 1911GI I just purchased....very close to what I carried when I was in the Army.
   He reached up into the upper floor supports (we where in his basement) and pull'd down a red handkerchief.... " found this in my dad's stuff after he passed last year.."... A P-08, matching numbers, (1942) clips w/rounds and proper holster. His dad flew C-47's to Russia ferry'n pilots for lend lease P-39's from Alaska dur'n the " Great Patriotic War ".
  My buddy didn't want it.... so.. I had to ask.. how much.. " $500.oo? ".... I had no cue what they are worth..but..I ran to the bank... It shoots pretty good... :)
Title: Re: Interesting pricing from a 1947 Stoeger Arms catalog.
Post by: ohiorider on December 27, 2017, 04:30:00 PM
Thoses were the days, but a coke was .05c!!!
I remember visiting my uncle in East TX near an army depot in the early 60s' and on a Saturday we went to the depot, and as he was an NRA member they had a special deal (for that weekend) on M1 carbines (new) and 1917 .45 pistols mostly colts.
M1..$15
Colt..$2.50
One each per member.

I still have the colt!

Times have changed indeed.

:-)
How true! As a 7, maybe 8 year old, my grandmother would send me to the Valley Bell Dairy store to buy a six pack of 6 oz Coca Cola.  She gave me a quarter and six empty bottles.  I came home with six cold 6 oz Cokes.  This would have been about 1950-1951.  Amazing!  They'd actually take the empties back to the plant, sterilize them, and refill them vs how we do it today.
Title: Re: Interesting pricing from a 1947 Stoeger Arms catalog.
Post by: oldbike54 on December 27, 2017, 05:00:43 PM
How true! As a 7, maybe 8 year old, my grandmother would send me to the Valley Bell Dairy store to buy a six pack of 6 oz Coca Cola.  She gave me a quarter and six empty bottles.  I came home with six cold 6 oz Cokes.  This would have been about 1950-1951.  Amazing!  They'd actually take the empties back to the plant, sterilize them, and refill them vs how we do it today.

 Well , they told us the bottles were sterilized  :shocked:

 Dusty
Title: Re: Interesting pricing from a 1947 Stoeger Arms catalog.
Post by: Demar on December 27, 2017, 05:05:47 PM
They'd actually take the empties back to the plant, sterilize them, and refill them vs how we do it today.

As a kid in the early '60's my friends and I would go door to door asking the neighbors for their empty soda bottles. We got $0.05 for each bottle. Bought candy with the winnings.
Title: Re: Interesting pricing from a 1947 Stoeger Arms catalog.
Post by: Chesterfield on December 27, 2017, 06:28:02 PM
Interesting, wages haven`t don`t seem to have kept up.
(http://thumb.ibb.co/j6KRZw/Screen_Shot_2017_12_27_at_4_24_51_PM.png) (http://ibb.co/j6KRZw)

Title: Re: Interesting pricing from a 1947 Stoeger Arms catalog.
Post by: Denis on December 27, 2017, 07:26:00 PM
I got my P-1 (postwar P-38) for $275 with a holster and extra mag in the early-mid 1990s. Still seems cheap to me.
I've love to have a Luger.
Title: Re: Interesting pricing from a 1947 Stoeger Arms catalog.
Post by: Aaron D. on December 27, 2017, 08:07:36 PM
Well , they told us the bottles were sterilized  :shocked:

 Dusty

It's actually still required on Prince Edward Island-the bottles look very much as I remember them when I was a kid.

Plus more brands!
Title: Re: Interesting pricing from a 1947 Stoeger Arms catalog.
Post by: Ncdan on December 27, 2017, 09:22:50 PM
Early 70s Kmart red lite special, ruger Luger 22 Cal pistols were 49.95
Title: Re: Interesting pricing from a 1947 Stoeger Arms catalog.
Post by: hidn45 on December 29, 2017, 12:01:05 PM
Well, if there was anyone still doing it, it would be in Pennsyltucky....

http://www.bradfordera.com/news/straub-brewery-wins-state-award/article_e97e44be-ab8d-11e6-9ef0-83795c7070d9.html