Wildguzzi.com

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: bad Chad on March 29, 2018, 06:19:31 PM

Title: When your Guzzi is in the "Zone" what are you feeling?
Post by: bad Chad on March 29, 2018, 06:19:31 PM
It varies depending on which one you have between your legs, but they all have their sweet spot! 
If you can, tell us what's flowing through your head?  I would tell, but I'm not sure I know the answer.
Title: Re: When your Guzzi is in the "Zone" what are you feeling?
Post by: guzzi4me on March 29, 2018, 06:37:47 PM
How glad I am that I followed my "want" of a Guzzi and am happy to be riding....

and wondering what's around the next corner!!!!


Ride safe and often....

Jeff
Title: Re: When your Guzzi is in the "Zone" what are you feeling?
Post by: lucian on March 29, 2018, 06:45:08 PM
" This sure is fun. I wonder when I'll have to put another quarter in?"   :laugh:
Title: Re: When your Guzzi is in the "Zone" what are you feeling?
Post by: gerryp on March 29, 2018, 09:25:14 PM
It varies depending on which one you have between your legs, but they all have their sweet spot! 
If you can, tell us what's flowing through your head?  I would tell, but I'm not sure I know the answer.

Like Great sex without the risk of STD's or an unwanted pregnancy.  :grin:
Title: Re: When your Guzzi is in the "Zone" what are you feeling?
Post by: Idontwantapickle on March 30, 2018, 01:11:11 PM
Joy
Title: Re: When your Guzzi is in the "Zone" what are you feeling?
Post by: Dharma Bum on March 30, 2018, 01:36:09 PM
All's.................. ................rig ht................. ................... ..with............. ................... ...the............. ...........world!
Title: Re: When your Guzzi is in the "Zone" what are you feeling?
Post by: Tom on March 30, 2018, 03:51:13 PM
I get a sense of flying....floating smoothness in movement.   :thumb:  I usually ride with a 1/2 helmet so more open to the elements.
Title: Re: When your Guzzi is in the "Zone" what are you feeling?
Post by: twowings on March 30, 2018, 03:58:23 PM
I feel like the throttle is a rheostat to pure bliss...just twist and watch the scenery snap back the other way... :cool:
Title: Re: When your Guzzi is in the "Zone" what are you feeling?
Post by: Roebling3 on March 31, 2018, 11:21:20 AM
I knew I'd misspell his name so I looked it up. This from wiki.

In positive psychology, flow, also known colloquially as being in the zone, is the mental state of operation in which a person performing an activity is fully immersed in a feeling of energized focus, full involvement, and enjoyment in the process of the activity. In essence, flow is characterized by complete absorption in what one does, and a resulting loss in one's sense of space and time.

Named by Mihály Csíkszentmihályi in 1975, the concept has been widely referred to across a variety of fields (and has an especially big recognition in occupational therapy), though the concept has existed for thousands of years under other names, notably in some Eastern religions.[1]

Flow shares many characteristics with hyperfocus. However, hyperfocus is not always described in a positive light. Some examples include spending "too much" time playing video games or getting side-tracked and pleasurably absorbed by one aspect of an assignment or task to the detriment of the overall assignment. In some cases, hyperfocus can "capture" a person, perhaps causing them to appear unfocused or to start several projects, but complete few.

I've had glimpses of the 'zone' in cars and motorcycles a few times. Big trucks more so. I've got to be riding/driving in rather open country, not repeatedly challenged by serious decisions to have it last. Even had it happen @ fairly hi-speed in blowing snow. You'll know it when you feel it. . . as in all things working together smoothly, somehow quieter, more comfortable. Gear changes, throttle positions, braking are all just a bit of muscle memory.
Caution! There is a false sense of security component.  Good fortune,  R3~ 
Title: Re: When your Guzzi is in the "Zone" what are you feeling?
Post by: TOMB on March 31, 2018, 11:53:13 AM
About 75 MPH
TOMB
Title: Re: When your Guzzi is in the "Zone" what are you feeling?
Post by: bad Chad on March 31, 2018, 12:06:39 PM
Not to be confused with White Line Fever.
Title: Re: When your Guzzi is in the "Zone" what are you feeling?
Post by: Roebling3 on March 31, 2018, 03:47:27 PM
TOMB,
Still grateful for the fellow coming the other way flashing his lights. Western NYS. Far side of Batavia. I don't need no steenkin' Thruway. Totally zonal. ?1974. R3~ 
Title: Re: When your Guzzi is in the "Zone" what are you feeling?
Post by: Gliderjohn on March 31, 2018, 04:03:59 PM
In either a glider or on a Guzzi when in the zone I am part of the bike or plane, not really having conscious thought concerning what I am doing to make the machine operate as I wish, it just happens.
GliderJohn
Title: Re: When your Guzzi is in the "Zone" what are you feeling?
Post by: Vagrant on March 31, 2018, 04:37:29 PM
I feel what a Harley Rider pays for but never the gets!
Title: Re: When your Guzzi is in the "Zone" what are you feeling?
Post by: Arizona Wayne on March 31, 2018, 04:42:55 PM
Doesn't happen very often............fe els like I'm on  a cloud............an d I can do no wrong while drivers in front of me get out of my way.....                         
Title: Re: When your Guzzi is in the "Zone" what are you feeling?
Post by: thepittsburghguzzi on April 01, 2018, 11:30:18 AM
It is the one and only time I’m not dwelling on the past or freaking out about the future. Really, not much of anything is rolling through my head except pure happiness.
Title: Re: When your Guzzi is in the "Zone" what are you feeling?
Post by: redrider90 on April 01, 2018, 01:52:43 PM
Oh I bet we almost all feel the zone on longer rides and trips. For me the zone seems to build and build as the miles go by until time and fatigue start to pull at the zone like pulling on chewing gum bit by bit.  At night riding distance by myself  bundled up with full gear its the sound of the motor and the dash lights that give me company and solace. During lengthy rainy periods the zone disappears and I force myself to stay in a special safety bubble trying to remember that rain and wet roads require an extra bit of "intention" when riding.
Title: Re: When your Guzzi is in the "Zone" what are you feeling?
Post by: redhawk47 on April 01, 2018, 02:34:01 PM
NGC -- I do a lot of ballroom dancing. With the right music, often a foxtrot, and the right partner, I will fine myself swirling and floating around the ballroom, at twice or three times the speed of the other dancers. I am not thinking about the dance moves or what I will do next, it just happens. It happened several times last night. After one my partner said "I was wondering what you might do with that music. That was a wonderful foxtrot." I had no clue what I was doing, other than just dancing with and "in" the music.
Title: Re: When your Guzzi is in the "Zone" what are you feeling?
Post by: Guzzistajohn on April 01, 2018, 08:35:27 PM
Well, It's a lot like this to me................. .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E81ICJywqwg
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Title: Re: When your Guzzi is in the "Zone" what are you feeling?
Post by: drbone641 on April 01, 2018, 08:38:56 PM
In either a glider or on a Guzzi when in the zone I am part of the bike or plane, not really having conscious thought concerning what I am doing to make the machine operate as I wish, it just happens.
GliderJohn

Flying a Fighter and riding a bike in the twisties are kindred things. You aren't sitting in the jet or on the bike, You ARE the bike, and the mechanics, for the most part, are not part of the thought process. You're just head out and everything else follows.
Title: Re: When your Guzzi is in the "Zone" what are you feeling?
Post by: stonelover on April 01, 2018, 08:59:28 PM
Riding solo when it is simply me and the bike.  (Guzzi or other)  The nearest sensation of flying that one can get without leaving the ground!  Interdependence of man & machine!
Title: Re: When your Guzzi is in the "Zone" what are you feeling?
Post by: Don G on April 02, 2018, 02:22:43 PM
When my 01 V11 Sport is in the zone, I cant feel anything in my right hand for about 2 hours!  :cool:DonG