Wildguzzi.com
General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: twowings on April 12, 2018, 10:56:11 AM
-
This is a link to a classic car sale. No connection to the seller of any kind. No warranty is expressed or implied.
'Ask the man who owns one...'
(https://assets.hemmings.com/uimage/62531834-770-0@2X.jpg?rev=1)
https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/packard/unspecified/2097850.html?refer=news (https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/packard/unspecified/2097850.html?refer=news)
-
Long story, but I drove a classic Packard from a collector's house to the Midwest Antique Airplane fly in. Felt like I need a big seegar and some poor people to run over. :evil: :smiley:
Just the same.. had to double clutch to change gears, and handling could best be described as.. uh.. "stately."
Definitely an antique, and not particularly pleasant to drive, unlike many antique airplanes that fly very nicely, indeed.
-
Taking the title literally, my aunt passed a couple of weeks ago, well in to her 90s.
She had a pink casket.
Going in style for sure Aunt Mary. Way to go. And go on. :thumb:
-
I once had a 53 Packard ambulance wit body by Henny. I bought it with 14 thousand actual miles on the Od.
I paid 250 dollars for it and another 250 to correct some problems. It had been Caterpillars proving grounds ambulance and so not used much. I turned it into a camper for a couple of years and sold it when I joined the Coast Guard in 72. That thunderbolt straight eight was very smooth and torquey. Gas milage sucked though.
Going from Illinois to Oregon at 45mph I could get 10 miles per gallon. At 55 it got less than 8 mpg, any faster and the milage got really bad. Empty it weighed 5, 980 lb. with no driver in it. It had 16 inch tires and high ground clearance. I once got it stuck in sand in the Oregon desert and had to hike out hire a derrick to get it out.
It was an awesome party vehicle.
-
The original owner of my Daytona lad a 4 door /side mounts et. al. Beautiful shape. 1999, International Falls, MN. "I stop light race it for bill of sales". Say what?!!! It had a roots blower w/2 4 barrels on an Oldsmobile engine. The exhaust by pass dumped out under the wheel wells. The interior was as original, if not better. R3~