Wildguzzi.com

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: Meinolf on July 18, 2018, 06:28:20 AM

Title: NG - TuneECU BIN format
Post by: Meinolf on July 18, 2018, 06:28:20 AM
Hi,

in addition to the Guzzis I also own a Aprilia RST 1000, which uses a Sagem ECU. There's a good tool available for down/uploading the BIN or parts thereof and changing some parameters: http://www.tomhamburg.net/TuneECU_En/links.html

However, the BIN, when downloaded, seems to be encrypted. Inquiries to Alain and Tom where left unanswered. As my preference is to work with Tunerpro when editing BINs, I wonder if any of you knows more about this and might even know the format of the downloaded hex file.

Thanks
Meinolf
Title: Re: NG - TuneECU BIN format
Post by: Meinolf on July 25, 2018, 08:35:50 AM
Hi,

resolved. Alain, the author of TuneECU, was so kind to send an unencrypted version of the BIN.

Cheers
Meinolf
Title: Re: NG - TuneECU BIN format
Post by: rdbandkab on July 25, 2018, 09:58:01 AM
I used TuneECU / Tuneboy(?), which I believe is Alain's software, eons ago to load maps into our aprilia Futura.  That bike was extremely skittish when we first got it.  Oddly enough a nice new map was floating around at that time that "tamed" the snatchiness at low rpms.