Wildguzzi.com

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: Guzzi Gal on November 19, 2018, 09:50:12 AM

Title: Impromptu Shopping Spree
Post by: Guzzi Gal on November 19, 2018, 09:50:12 AM
I went for a breakfast ride on Saturday with my hubby before he had to attend a meeting at Starbucks.  Whilst he was doing business, I rode to Target to entertain myself.  Big mistake!


(https://thumb.ibb.co/mcgmvL/IMG-6262.jpg) (https://ibb.co/mcgmvL)


I had fun figuring out how to attach 6 bags to Anni without any tie-downs! :bike-037:
Title: Re: Impromptu Shopping Spree
Post by: Rhodan on November 19, 2018, 10:04:12 AM
You need one of those net things to corral the purchases. 
The bike is lookin' good!  :thumb:  How are the two of you getting on now that you have some time and miles under your belt?
Title: Re: Impromptu Shopping Spree
Post by: Groover on November 19, 2018, 10:11:55 AM
That's the great thing about invisible saddle-bags; they pretty much fit anything  :azn:
Title: Re: Impromptu Shopping Spree
Post by: n3303j on November 19, 2018, 11:23:07 AM

(https://thumb.ibb.co/kNYis0/400x361.jpg) (https://ibb.co/kNYis0)

One of these motorcycle cargo nets costs about $9 from Amazon and will capture a lot of unwieldy shapes. It has hooks all around the perimeters and is made of bungee cord materials. It stuffs into a ball about the size of a grapefruit.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0022ZXO40/ref=psdcmw_3147767011_t1_B003VLBPJA
Title: Re: Impromptu Shopping Spree
Post by: twowheeladdict on November 19, 2018, 11:37:44 AM
Nice!  I prefer a backpack unless I have a rack to tie stuff down to.  A sack with D rings is the best way to corral purchases and secure them to the bike.  I have had stuff escape from those bungee nets in the past.
Title: Re: Impromptu Shopping Spree
Post by: rodekyll on November 19, 2018, 01:36:42 PM
I've saved many a shopping trip with duc-ati tape.  It especially makes hauling pizza easy.  Keep it under the seat with the zip ties.
Title: Re: Impromptu Shopping Spree
Post by: malik on November 19, 2018, 02:19:11 PM
We live and learn. I usually carry a hiking day pack (the roll top type - wide enough for a loaf of bread), fits in a pocket or under the seat. Not enough for 6 bags though - that's why I have the luggage rack, which usually has a couple of rock straps living on it. Handy if the shopping is bigger than fits in the pack, or too much - can usually pick up a cardboard box at the shops. The pack is still good for the delicate stuff that doesn't like being squashed. Better to shop on the bike - overshopping is discouraged and the parking is easier.

(https://thumb.ibb.co/nHsUX0/image.jpg) (https://ibb.co/nHsUX0)




(https://thumb.ibb.co/craBef/image.jpg) (https://ibb.co/craBef)
Title: Re: Impromptu Shopping Spree
Post by: Kiwi_Roy on November 19, 2018, 02:35:21 PM
Plus one for the cargo net 12 x 14 add a few tie down loops from aluminum strap at strategic spots like rear suspension of foot-peg bolts.
Try attaching a gallon of milk without straps :thewife:
Title: Re: Impromptu Shopping Spree
Post by: Muzz on November 19, 2018, 09:16:01 PM
Read the heading and thought you had arrived back with a new V85TT! :grin:
Title: Re: Impromptu Shopping Spree
Post by: elvisboy77 on November 20, 2018, 05:45:21 AM
Aerostich has an ultra lightweight backpack for times like that.  http://www.aerostich.com/aerostich-lp-lightweight-portable-bag.html  $25.00, Nylon, nothing you would want to hike with but fits under your seat when you get um stuck.  TBH looks like you might need three of them LOL.  Love my Anni, took it out for a spin on Sunday.  Nice!
Title: Re: Impromptu Shopping Spree
Post by: chuck peterson on November 20, 2018, 07:41:15 AM
Milk crates attached with rope were standard procedure back in the day...I remember seeing two on the sides like saddlebags and a third as a top case...color coordinated of course.... :afro:....of course blue jeans and a Levi jacket were considered safety gear at the time, along w an open face helmet
Title: Re: Impromptu Shopping Spree
Post by: chuck peterson on November 20, 2018, 08:01:11 AM

(https://thumb.ibb.co/b7wyc0/image.jpg) (https://ibb.co/b7wyc0)
Title: Re: Impromptu Shopping Spree
Post by: normzone on November 20, 2018, 07:14:05 PM
After filling my saddle bags with breakables, I sometimes wind up with some rugged groceries in a bag that won't fit.

I go back in, snag a couple of empty bags, twist them up and use them as ties to the luggage rack.

Of course, I'm also the guy who put a bicycle across my motorcycle saddle and rode it across town sitting on top of it - you may want to take my advice with caution.
Title: Re: Impromptu Shopping Spree
Post by: Guzzi Gal on November 21, 2018, 09:59:51 AM
If I'd ridden the Vespa room wouldn't have been an issue.  I was worried about melting the bags on the pipes or the dreaded tire-tangle!