Author Topic: G5 1000. Crankshaft Nut.  (Read 1003 times)

Offline Tom H

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 3804
  • Location: So. Cal.
G5 1000. Crankshaft Nut.
« on: March 04, 2020, 06:13:07 PM »
I can't find an answer to this. Is the crankshaft nut that holds the timing gear on the normal righty tighty, lefty loosey or is it backward like righty loosey???

I know I took the one off my EVT and I'm pretty sure it was lefty loosey.

Thank you!!
Tom
2004 Cali EV Touring
1972 Eldo
1970 Ambo V1000
1973 R75/5 SWB with Toaster
1973 R75/5 LWB
2007 HD Street Bob
1953 Triumph 6T (one day it will be on the road!)

Offline Antietam Classic Cycle

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 15177
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
  • Location: Rohrersville, Maryland
Re: G5 1000. Crankshaft Nut.
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2020, 07:17:33 PM »
Yes, normal right hand thread.
Charlie

Offline Tom H

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 3804
  • Location: So. Cal.
Re: G5 1000. Crankshaft Nut.
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2020, 07:45:39 PM »
That's what I thought.

Thank you!!
Tom
2004 Cali EV Touring
1972 Eldo
1970 Ambo V1000
1973 R75/5 SWB with Toaster
1973 R75/5 LWB
2007 HD Street Bob
1953 Triumph 6T (one day it will be on the road!)

 

Check out the official Wildguzzi Amazon Affiliate Storefront.
Proceeds go back into the forum.
If you need to buy it anyway, use the affiliate link to help the forum.
Advertise Here